Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
Lipa yai and Pinkies
    #1665369 - 06/26/03 06:20 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

well, since my last report my two casings of LP and PB are doing good. however, I've noticed that especially on the first flush the fruit size is very small, but prolific. (biggest one on the cased LP is about an inch and a half) I did a search on cultivation for pics of grow logs on thai strains and all seem to be decent size. I didn't dunk any of the cakes before casing, could this be the problem? I know thai strains are usually smaller than most, but 1 1/2"??? and does it do better on dung and/or straw? hoping on the 2nd flush. First time growing thais, so any info would be appreciated.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDannyBoy
ShroomEnthusiast

Loc: South East, U.S.A.
Re: Lipa yai and Pinkies [Re: soochi]
    #1665406 - 06/26/03 06:39 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Thailand-Lipa Yai & Thailand-Koh Samui are comming up in my future sometime so this question also interests me.

From my research I have read that Thailand strains are good resistors to contams, agressive and fast colonizers, and produce many fruits, and is very potent.

What I've discovered is that Lipa Yai grow taller than Koh Samui but also have lighter caps whereas Koh Samui grows shorter but produce thicker mushrooms....so Lipa Yai's are supposed to be tall(er).

I don't know how tall they are supposed to grow but from the pics at The Hawks Eye they look pretty decent sized...perhaps it's just that way on the first flush....

I don't know if your just doing casings, but if you are also doing cakes dunk them between each flush...alternatively you could take a CLEAN syringe and inject some mineral water into the casings (or cakes) as kind of a substitute for dunking.  However the problem with injecting water into casings or cakes is that you can't see if contams are beginning or spreading since the location of that infection would be within the actual colonized substrate...it's up to you....people have had a lot of success with injecting water, and some not so lucky...but it's something to consider...

Hope everything progresses nicely for you...take some pics and show us! :smile: 

--------------------
"It has been said that kids say the darndest things, but so would you if you had no education"

Offlinebrodus24
Fruit of theBoomer
 User Gallery

Re: Lipa yai and Pinkies [Re: DannyBoy]
    #6979286 - 05/28/07 08:24 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Thais are very good at resisting contams. Also perfectly potent.

I've never had fruits as small as you indicate, except occasionally on cakes on the first flush.

I would say:

1. ALWAYS DUNK AND ROLL! That's probably part of the deal.

2. GROW ON A THICK DUNG/STRAW SUBSTRATE that is properly cased. The difference in size is night and day.

The first flush, especially on cakes, is always the smallest in size in my experience.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures