Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejons
journeyman
Re: i've got little clouds of blue fuzz
    #69656 - 12/26/99 01:43 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

oh,ya there is no light at all, is this a problem?

--------------------
i don't like the drugs, but the drugs like me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: i've got little clouds of blue fuzz [Re: jons]
    #69658 - 12/26/99 01:50 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

It's the psilocyn oxidizing. Some light is always good, but shrooms don't NEED light, but it is good if they have something to grow towards.

------------------
My mind is corrosive...

Anonymous

#69659 - 12/26/99 03:22 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Some shrooms do need light, some don't; Button Mushrooms are not photosensative and therefore do not need light for primordia formation. Cubensis on the other hand is photosensative and therefore does need a certain amount of light to induce proper pin set (Stamets, TMC pg 147 and Badham, 1979). As it turns out it takes very little; seconds per day, but Stamets recommends 12 hours per day.

But that may not be your problem. The blue tint (stressed mycelium) to your mycelium may indicate a problem with humidity or temperature. Since 75 degrees wouldn't do it, it may very well be your humidity. For primordia formation to ocurr you need to have humidity in the 95% to 100% range. Bump your humidity up, go to a 12 on/12 off light...doesnt have to be strong or direct...till recently I had just left the door open to the room I was using. Keep your temp at 75 degrees. Note: sometimes mycelium will turn blue for no apparent reason...but follow the above and you should be fine.

------------------
Peace, Love & Light

Anonymous

#69660 - 12/26/99 03:58 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

I'm casing, so keeping humidity isn't an issue. However, my temp. is very low (about 63F). Will placing a heating pad under my trays help this?

------------------
My mind is corrosive...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate