Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
dark vermiculite
    #693718 -

Is there something contaminated if the vermiculite startes to darken? It's looking like a dark brown or something, and one that looked really bad I threw out and in the middle there was some black spots. They're all bad aren't they? The ones that look like that at least? Or is dark vermiculite something normal in a high humidity environment?


--------------------
"I am just a worthless liar
I am just an imbecile
I will only complicate you
Trust in me and fall as well"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: dark vermiculite [Re: 3libras]
    #698658 -

I had the same problem with 2 of my jars. I took the two jars out because I was paranoid of it spreading to my other jars. 2 days later, one of the jars had this funky orange stuff in it. I threw that one away but the other one is still colonizing fine and the darkness seems to be going away. I don't know if that helps but I thought I might share my experience. (I also posted this question a few days ago and the only response i got was "Dark brown = no good Sorry." Only reason I'm keeping it is for information purposes. I don't think i'll risk birthing it with my other babies.


--------------------
Everything written on this message board by me is fictional and used only for research purposes.


For Fast Reliable Spores!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* . TheHateCamel 879 11 03/12/03 08:40 AM
by Diploid
* BRF/Vermiculite on Needle when innoculating? primal_future 2,833 8 07/18/02 09:38 PM
by Anno
* Perlite vs. Vermiculite Azazel990 1,860 6 02/22/03 08:43 PM
by deanofmean
* Dark Rye Flour Too Mushy HELP ME ObiWanKenobi 1,806 10 09/29/02 09:05 AM
by ObiWanKenobi
* white stuff outside jars MaR 1,140 6 12/04/01 02:02 PM
by NewbieShroomer
* Is this healthy? Current concerns. PF Tek Jars frenzylock 5,284 17 05/06/21 07:44 PM
by Ashtray161
* Re: Sealing Jar w/o holes? Kast 3,111 12 03/22/01 11:55 AM
by Anonymous
* Re: Dark or Light? CLuB99 1,099 2 01/07/00 07:32 PM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,299 topic views. 14 members, 331 guests and 136 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.