Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Lymphatic cancer is haunting the ones I love...
    #6929010 -

This is just seriously fucked up...a friend, a family member, and a Shroomerite, which is a tribesman of a different kind altogether...all stricken with lymphatic cancer.

The first one was Kel, CherryBom...still can't believe that one...so young, so fucking full of life, it just doesn't make any sense to me...

Then I go into work one day and find out my favorite bartender, someone with whom I am always discussing the psychedelic experience and life in general, has come down with Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma...he's in his early 30's, lives a ridiculously healthy life, bam...lymphatic cancer..

Then yesterday I get a phone call...my cousin Sammy had to have his tonsils removed due to some sort of infection. Well they did a biopsy of the infected tonsils and found that it was actually a tumor...a malignant tumor, and guess what - lymphoma strikes again..

:sad:


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lymphatic cancer is haunting the ones I love... [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6929026 -

:heart:

My father is living with terminal cancer. 

I'm not sad about it; I'm happy he's alive.  If nothing else, it stops you from taking people for granted.

:shineon:


--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lymphatic cancer is haunting the ones I love... [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6929051 -

We are in the middle on a cancer epidemic. Though some things have gotten better.

People use toxic products, drive their cars around spewing toxins into the air, and then we say we should invest more money is research to cure cancer. :rolleyes:

That's all fine and good, but how about not getting it in the first place???

How about we don't accept a society where we literally swim in sea oftoxins??
Toxins that other countries have decided they can do without.

The E.U. has done much to eliminate toxins. Canada is finally doing something, but not enough IMO.

And I'm not sure where America is on this.

Ever hear of hormone disrupter's???
If you seriously look into the chemical pollution we all have in our bodies a very dark picture starts to form. And It honestly makes me want to scream. But hey, I wouldn't want to rock the boat or get political. I wouldn't want anyone to be forced to examine how two and two fit together to make four.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lymphatic cancer is haunting the ones I love... [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #6929066 -

Are there studies showing cancer in North America is on the rise across the board?


--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lymphatic cancer is haunting the ones I love... [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6929067 -

My father died of Non Hodgkins Lymphoma when I was 6 and my brother was 3. He was in his late 20s.

When I was younger, I used to draw pictures of what I thought cancer would like like, hang them on my wall, and throw things at them.

Fuck cancer.


--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lymphatic cancer is haunting the ones I love... [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #6929078 -

it's weird how sometimes themes can reoccur in our lives, out of all the craziness some patterns appear with no reason or explanation! we learn and move on i guess?


--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lymphatic cancer is haunting the ones I love... [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6929079 -

I wonder what causes it.....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lymphatic cancer is haunting the ones I love... [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6929100 -

an ounce of prevention is worth more than a pound of cure (whoops i botched that statement before the edit)

seriously people

everyone who has had at least on sunburn in their life and is 20yrs or older should go into a dermatologist for a body check.

if skin cancer runs in your family, body checks every 12 months

watch you own moles, know the ABCD of malignant melanoma, keep track and do self checks

colon cancer is another one, anyone who is 40yrs or more should have a colonoscopy, these things can be caught and stopped.

women, im sure know about self exams and mamograms



the skin cancer one is what people take for granted.
malignant melanoma has ravaged my family, its the evil monster kepping us all on our toes

with my grandmother dying from it then having 2 other relatives beat it...i know im a high risk.

it took my grandma dying for my other relatives to get body checks, and it saved their lives.

srsly, watch your own skin, look for lumps or changes.. goto a dermatologist, he will simply remove a mole that looks potentially cancerous. ive had about 10 exicsed and its painless, leaves only a small faded little scar.

use sunscreen...

my thoughts are with kel... but i know she can beat this. ive seen 2 of my family members come through melanoma and reach their 5yrs cancer free. never let yourself think you wont win, you're going to destroy this shit.

Edited by KingOftheThing (05/17/07 09:48 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lymphatic cancer is haunting the ones I love... [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #6929111 -

Melanoma is not lymphatic cancer..

Maybe you didn't read Kel's thread all the way through? Because the melanoma is gone but the cancer has spread to her lymph nodes.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lymphatic cancer is haunting the ones I love... [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #6929119 -

Actually it's going down in some cases. Some cancers are down. Others are up. But only a fool would claim that cancer rates aren't high.

It's pretty simple when you think about it.

There was an article in NewScientist for example called, "If the cigarettes don't get you the air pollution will".

Living in some cities is like smoking a pack of cigarettes or more a day.

People use toxic cleaning products, dyes, paints, food additives, beauty creams and such,... kids play with toys loaded with toxins, we(some) eat out of containers that shouldn't have hot foods in them. Some cans have toxins on the inside lining. Fire retardants in carpets couches blankets and clothes, dryer sheets, weed killers, and pesticides.

We use all of these things. Many of us never consider the cost. And then we wonder where all this cancer is coming from. And those that end up terminal. And realize how fucked this whole toxin laden experiment is, well for them it's too late.


--------------------

Edited by Psilocybeingzz (05/17/07 11:38 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lymphatic cancer is haunting the ones I love... [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6929126 -

ie been bedside with enoug melanoma patients to know al about it..

Stage 0

In stage 0, melanoma is found only in the epidermis (outer layer of the skin). Stage 0 is also called melanoma in situ.

Stage I

Stage I is divided into stages IA and IB.

Stage IA: In stage IA, the tumor is not more than 1 millimeter thick, with no ulceration. The tumor is in the epidermis and upper layer of the dermis.
Stage IB: In stage IB, the tumor is either:
not more than 1 millimeter thick, with ulceration, and may have spread into the dermis or the tissues below the skin; or
1 to 2 millimeters thick, with no ulceration.
Stage II

Stage II is divided into stages IIA, IIB, and IIC.

Stage IIA: In stage IIA, the tumor is either:
1 to 2 millimeters thick, with ulceration; or
2 to 4 millimeters thick, with no ulceration.
Stage IIB: In stage IIB, the tumor is either:
2 to 4 millimeters thick, with ulceration; or
more than 4 millimeters thick, with no ulceration.
Stage IIC: In stage IIC, the tumor is more than 4 millimeters thick, with ulceration.
Stage III

In stage III, the tumor may be any thickness, with or without ulceration, and:

has spread to 1 or more lymph nodes; or
has spread into the nearby lymph system but not into nearby lymph nodes; or
has spread to lymph nodes that are matted (not moveable); or
satellite tumors (additional tumor growths within 2 centimeters of the original tumor) are present and nearby lymph nodes are involved.

Stage IV

In stage IV, the tumor may be any thickness, with or without ulceration, may have spread to 1 or more nearby lymph nodes, and has spread to other places in the body.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lymphatic cancer is haunting the ones I love... [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #6929128 -

So does the cancer become lymphatic at that point or is it still technically melanoma? I'm confused on that part.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lymphatic cancer is haunting the ones I love... [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6929140 -

technically its still melanoma
just because it was the original tumor

like when someone has breast cancer or colon cancer, if the end succumbing to it, the cancer has spread to other organs. liver and lungs being the most common sites...even though a person had tumors it wouldnt be classified as "liver cancer" because the tumor originated elsewhere

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lymphatic cancer is haunting the ones I love... [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #6929142 -

It's a perpetual cycle, You got to feed the beast and stoke the fires.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lymphatic cancer is haunting the ones I love... [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #6929143 -

Corporal Kielbasa said:
I wonder what causes it.....



DNA damage


--------------------
Every Animal Is Someone 🌱 watchdominion.org

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lymphatic cancer is haunting the ones I love... [Re: ivi]
    #6929148 -

Like free radicals?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lymphatic cancer is haunting the ones I love... [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #6929156 -

Like anything that can cause damage to you DNA: free radicals, radiation, certain viruses, and carcinogenic chemicals.


--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lymphatic cancer is haunting the ones I love... [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6929169 -

basically if the doctor suspects a melanoma he will take a biopsy
this is usually a small procedure they do in the doctors office with local anasthetic and a specialized scalpel..sometimes if a doctor is REALLY worried and knows he's seeing melanoma, he'll send you right in for a surgery.

if your biopsy comes back positive for melanoma you are then sent for Moh's surgery. which is where they take a large and deeper chunck of skin off of you. they can see how deep the mole tumor went, called breslow depth.

they also take local lymph nodes for biopsy. they will keep taking cancerous nodes to see how far through the lymphatic system the cancer has spread..removing the cancer nodes

you will also be scanned for any tumor, to make sure it hasnt spread...

chemo can stop the cancer in stage 3...its crucial to prevent stage 4..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lymphatic cancer is haunting the ones I love... [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #6929257 -

aaaa....... toxins and chemicals rarely cause cances......... unless they are chronically iritating a part of the body..... there usually just hard on your body..... the main cause for cancer is mainly the fact that humans live much longer...... cancer was much harder to come by when humans only lived 30 years.... once a person is passed there reproductive stage there body is prone to all sorts of complications...... and obviously tabbaco and drinking plays a huge part.....
unless your loved ones lived close to a nuclear reactor waste dump ..... or there was radioactive traces in the drinking water, or air near there........
if not then its just a cause from not having the proper genetics...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lymphatic cancer is haunting the ones I love... [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #6929280 -

KOTT is right.

It's still considered a melanoma cancer even if it's spread...wherever the original site was.  Or if you have a lung cancer that spreads to your liver or other organs, it's still considered lung cancer.

Sunburn can cause DNA mutation (damage)...even just one hardcore burn at any point in your life, but it's not always smoking or toxins, or bad sun care, sometimes you're just a sucker or a victim of genetics.

Cancer fucking blows.

My melanoma was 2.75mm thick on the Breslows scale, which is fairly big... and the main reason it spread to my lymphatic system.  I had 20 lymphnodes removed from under my right armpit and now there is a tube coming out from under my armpit beside my boob draining toxins.  It's pretty gross and I hate it.  It's not permanent, tho...so I can't complain.

Cancer fucking blows...did I say that already?

I guess we all have to fight something.  Some of us fight for equality, some fight for rights, some fight to get our rent paid, some fight disease.  We all have challenges.

A cancer cell looks like a regular cell with downs syndrome, multiplying and sticking to it's other down syndrome brothers and sisters. 

Liz, I'd like to see what a 6 year old you would envision a cancer cell to look like.  One of my doctors told me to get an idea in my head of what multiplying cancer cells look like and then go in there and KICK THEIR ASSES ninja style.  :lol:  So I think that drawing pictures and throwing things at them was wonderful therapy for you!

Cancer doesn't just affect those affected...it affects families, friends, good people and everyone in between.... and it fucking blows.  But we're damn lucky to live in this day and age where they may not quite be a cure, but there are treatments and ways to overcome it.

:heart:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* So I got melanoma.
( 1 2 3 all )
vandago 1,677 54 08/07/22 02:39 PM
by The_Librarian
* my dad has melanoma JahLambsbread 655 19 01/19/17 07:38 PM
by JahLambsbread
* Very interesting article on cigs, radiation, and cancer READ _Shrew_ 2,197 6 11/07/03 11:18 PM
by Quintessence
* My Cat Has Cancer
( 1 2 all )
boxtop703 4,398 20 01/17/03 04:56 AM
by Bavet
* Cancer Nuggetpouch 1,021 8 09/21/04 10:16 PM
by Skunk420
* Sober hallucination/haunting
( 1 2 all )
Ellis Dee 4,148 30 06/30/03 12:56 PM
by Anonymous
* FDA OKs Ecstasy Study in Cancer Patients ShroomFan 2,765 9 12/30/04 11:51 PM
by wandrnshaman
* *Bush disrespecting Canada (I'm starting to love you guys)*
( 1 2 3 all )
spacedragon 9,245 48 09/13/03 12:02 PM
by Gus

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
5,974 topic views. 4 members, 266 guests and 214 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.