Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
I just bought my first road bike
    #6891738 -

I'm pretty excited, its really fun so far. Thing goes pretty fast, I'm quite surprised.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just bought my first road bike [Re: spud]
    #6891746 -

Haha, I take it OTD wasn't nice and welcoming to your new bike thread?


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just bought my first road bike [Re: spud]
    #6891763 -

is it new? used? how old? what brand? what model? PICS!!!!!
ive gotten really into roadbikes the past month or so, tons of research. i actually plan to weld my own frame together from high-quality 853 Reynolds steel tubing over summer. I already have a road bike for training/racing, but now i need a fixed-gear for commuting.

check out the lugs at this site: llewellynbikes


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just bought my first road bike [Re: Colbadol]
    #6891789 -

Colbadol said:
is it new? used? how old? what brand? what model? PICS!!!!!





--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just bought my first road bike [Re: Colbadol]
    #6891799 -

I don't know too much about it besides the fact that its a Schwinn World Sport.

Its used. I got it for $90, its in decent shape. A few paint scratches and dings but no rust and newish tires.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just bought my first road bike [Re: spud]
    #6891814 -

Stolen?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just bought my first road bike [Re: TheHateCamel]
    #6891820 -

Dunno, it did seem a little cheap.

Bike prices are up the ass around here since its a big city, huge demand.

I found it on craigs list.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just bought my first road bike [Re: TheHateCamel]
    #6891824 -

10 spd? 12 spd?

with road bikes, the most important thing is fit. a road bike that fits is the most efficient machine known to man. congrats on your purchase.

but
POST PICS DAMNIT :smile:

www.bikeforums.net
www.cyclingforums.com


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just bought my first road bike [Re: Colbadol]
    #6891837 -

12 speed. It has a chromoly 4130 frame and a shimano derailleur.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just bought my first road bike [Re: spud]
    #6891961 -

now, buy a velocity deep-v fixed/ss flip flop wheelset from ebay in any color you like, new tires in any color you like, a nitto rb-021 pursuit bar, and a new chain.

you know you wanna


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just bought my first road bike [Re: Colbadol]
    #6891978 -

I'm thinking about getting a fixy. Right now my main bike is a Kona mountain bike. Its great for trail riding as long as you don't plan on riding it off 5ft ledges. lol

Thats a pretty nice ride especially for $90. Its a Fixy right?

Edited by Choptop (05/09/07 01:37 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just bought my first road bike [Re: Colbadol]
    #6892196 -

Colbadol said:
now, buy a velocity deep-v fixed/ss flip flop wheelset from ebay in any color you like, new tires in any color you like, a nitto rb-021 pursuit bar, and a new chain.

you know you wanna



Must be a San Franciscan, no one is more pretentious with their fixies.


--------------------
I'm racist.                http://k-k-k.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just bought my first road bike [Re: DIRTYMAN]
    #6893755 -

it's not my bike, but rather a commuter who lives in NYC.
i just really like the picture because he probably gets to work faster than that huge SUV in the background.

and tokyo has way more track bikes on the street than san francisco


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just bought my first road bike [Re: DIRTYMAN]
    #6893778 -

oh i dunno about that.

there are quite a few fashion bikers in mpls.

fixie is a feeling maaaaan.


--------------------
µgrammar

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just bought my first road bike [Re: DIRTYMAN]
    #6895115 -

DIRTYMAN said:
Must be a San Franciscan, no one is more pretentious with their fixies.




portlanders too. craigslist bikes = stolen bikes in probably 95% of posts.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just bought my first road bike [Re: spud]
    #6895178 -

oh, thought you ment motorcycle :sad:


--------------------
:heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
. [Re: xjuan]
    #6895219 -

.

Edited by Yrtlzmo (02/07/13 02:35 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just bought my first road bike [Re: Yrtlzmo]
    #6895544 -

im actually really surprised that bikes are that popular in those SUPER hilly areas.
the downhill must be worth it.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Any bike experts in the house?
( 1 2 all )
kake 3,055 24 09/04/06 11:06 AM
by kake
* bike Messenger impgl 419 0 07/09/06 09:07 PM
by impgl
* The Animals - "San Franciscan Nights" LearyfanS 294 0 09/01/09 10:21 PM
by Learyfan
* smoking and biking :)
( 1 2 all )
notapillow 2,759 35 03/02/05 02:27 AM
by Skunk420
* reefer + bike Vvellum 1,174 17 06/21/05 03:38 PM
by afoaf
* Someone ganked two bikes from my house
( 1 2 all )
Drink_Punk_Soda 1,730 29 11/01/05 11:05 PM
by blissedout
* I don't like riding my bike on the road anymore RandalFlagg 662 3 04/27/06 07:17 PM
by Vvellum
* Bike updates blink 1,269 12 07/10/06 06:50 AM
by goobler

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
860 topic views. 5 members, 8 guests and 179 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.