Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
The polyphonic spree....
    #6889982 -

Last night, they played a concert in Nashville. It just said 9:30pm was the starting time.
So, I planned to get there a little early and see what type of band would open up for the Spree.
As I am walking up to the door, I hear "well guys this is our last song of the night" and it is the Spree up on stage.

So I go ask the security/door guy WTF?

he tells me that the opening act cancelled.

See, this is my occupation - live concerts. It is unheard of that a band would ever go on earlier than posted. Atleast, an hour and a half early.
From what I could tell, the spree was pissed off, because he said "Well guys, I know you paid your hard earned money to come and see us, but its really late".... but with a shitload of sarcasm.

I garauntee you that since the opening act cancelled, the venue forced them to play early, so they were playing to a crowd of 30 in a 1000 person venue while another 100 people came through the door during their set.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The polyphonic spree.... [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #6890007 -

Wow, that is bullshit. :thumbdown:

Why would a venue do that?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The polyphonic spree.... [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #6890031 -

That's bullshit! That venue doesn't deserve anyone's business.

I hope to see the Polyphonic Spree some day.


--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The polyphonic spree.... [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #6890093 -

Did you demand a refund?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The polyphonic spree.... [Re: DNKYD]
    #6890144 -

I saw P. Spree the first time by accident. Was at ACL and really fucked up by the afternoon, shrooms were so intense I had to sit for a while, and I happened to pick a shady spot by this little stage.
I checked the schedule and it said Polyphonic Spree, I hadnt heard of em, but they came out (huge group) in long white robes.
Their show was badass though, great sounds. I never really looked into them but at the moment tripping balls I thought they were THE SHIT.
I used to work at a venue tho, on certain nights if they have a cut off time or decible level, or in your case, if they've sold tickets and theres an opener and a main band, and opener doesnt show, Depending on how the contract was made (either by amount of time played, a percent of revenue, or a up front rate per night) the manager can decide he'll shut down whenever.
Sucks ass but hopefully the venues lose money and not the bands losing fans.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The polyphonic spree.... [Re: Ajna4201]
    #6890340 -

Ajna4201 said:
Wow, that is bullshit. :thumbdown:

Why would a venue do that?



why would a huge number of musicians listen to them and play early with a small crowd......


--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The polyphonic spree.... [Re: barfightlard]
    #6890346 -

So they get paid


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The polyphonic spree.... [Re: jewunit]
    #6890524 -

All I can say is that The Spree are awesome people. They are locals for me and I know a few of them personally. Tim takes music very seriously and was most likely as upset as you are about it. I would look for them to make it up to thier fans at some time when thier schedule allows.


--------------------
"Life is slow when the groove is on."
Groove Armada

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The polyphonic spree.... [Re: funktional1]
    #6890634 -

the p. spree is doing a show at my local venue over the summer. it's a great tiny place where you can get really close and personal. i should go see them.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* the polyphonic spree
( 1 2 all )
Mitchnast 3,081 21 08/31/04 05:06 AM
by fung_us_among_us
* Polyphonic Spree website Arden 221 1 07/03/09 11:00 PM
by learningtofly
* Concert Plans
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Adom 10,243 66 05/26/03 06:35 PM
by Delyrium
* What do you guys think of The Polyphonic Spree? habitat0789 471 2 08/09/07 10:44 PM
by Jack Albertson
* Polyphonic Spree in Atlanta tomorrow o0brandnewcolony 260 0 06/26/07 04:06 PM
by o0brandnewcolony
* Polyphonic Spree New Album... Aninator 244 0 07/15/08 07:18 PM
by Aninator
* You Have a 1 minute Shopping Spree In Walmart..What Do u Get?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
RanOutOfWeed 3,763 103 10/11/14 09:22 PM
by Pop-A-Cap
* Tuvan throat singing - polyphonic overtone singing Ellis Dee 445 6 01/08/15 01:01 PM
by Distorted Vision

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
638 topic views. 9 members, 28 guests and 89 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.