Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous

Re: No fruit after pinning
    #68704 - 12/16/99 01:30 PM (18 years, 3 days ago)

This happened to me when I first started casing, but it is hard to actually pin down the problem without more information.

I have come to the realizaiton that I was overwatering my casing. The rule I use is, once pinning begins, let them be, the shrooms have made the biological choice that enough moisture is present to sustain fruits.

This is only a guess of course, it could be a number of things, maybe more info about your setup would be helpful, happy growing.

------------------
Sometimes you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineHoly Mushroom
Loc: Sweden
    #68706 - 12/16/99 02:10 PM (18 years, 3 days ago)

I just wanna say that I agree with Foster.
Once you see mycelium starting to grow on your casing substrate (vermiculite) you should stop to "water" immediatly, or else you will damage the mycelium, and you don't want that! :wink:

[H.M]

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
    #68707 - 12/16/99 02:48 PM (18 years, 3 days ago)

I'm not sure why your pins didn't develope, are they aborting? Anyway Foster is 100% correct. Stop watering/spraying your casing once it begins to pins. I didn't do this on my last flush. I kept misting after I had pins, this caused a serious overlay problem that prevented and decent second flush. I have another tray that I quit misting when I saw pins. This tray has produced 3 awesome flushes with no overlay. So definately, don't over mist, it causes all sorts of problems.

The Lizard,

--------------------

Anonymous

#68708 - 12/16/99 02:54 PM (18 years, 3 days ago)

Thanks all for the responses. I believe this is the root of my problem. While I'm not spraying the casing itself (I only do this once from jar to tray), I am keeping the humidity really high by spraying the inside of the container twice a day.

I believe my last success I just let everything be on cruise control and it worked out for the best.

I'll stop fiddling with it and let it go, hopefully I'll post some success in the future.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation