Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anybody know how to plug a leak?
    #6859652 -

I've got those old radiator heaters in the house. I fucked one up a while back, the handle on the side near the floor that cuts the water off to the heater came off, I got it back on, and now recently it started leaking like a son of a bitch under the handle. Is there any type of putty or something I could get to clog the leak up until I can get it fixed?

you could also get a piece of rubber automotive hose, and a metal hose clamp. cut the hose long ways, and fit it over the hole. then unscrew the hose clamp all the way and loop it around the pipe and hose, making sure that the metal is directly over the hole. Tighten it down from there.


--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

Edited by Capatalistc nomad (05/01/07 07:19 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody know how to plug a leak? [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #6859666 -

yeah, you would have to get it dry and detached first though....

JB weld :smile:


--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:



"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody know how to plug a leak? [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #6859667 -

stick your wiener in it to stop the leak

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody know how to plug a leak? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #6859671 -

Prisoner#1 said:
stick your wiener in it to stop the leak



Beat me to it.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody know how to plug a leak? [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #6859686 -

ok, seriously, tighten the packing nut before attemptng anything, never JB Weld ANYTHING!!!

EVER!

the packing nut is where the handle goes into the valve body, hardware stores should carry a replacement valve. kill and drain the system, then replace it

packing nut is #3 on the diagram

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody know how to plug a leak? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #6859709 -

Alright I'll try that. Thanks man. :smile:

I got the handle back in (after getting sprayed in the face with water multiple times) but it just spins. They are very old heaters. You think I can get a whole new valve that will fit?


--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody know how to plug a leak? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #6859860 -

Alright I tightened up the packing nut and it basically stopped the leak for the most part. Got a towel wrapped around it for the night. Thanks again. :chugbeer:


--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody know how to plug a leak? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #6859881 -

What's wrong with JB Weld?  I JB welded my car radiator and it's still working (fingers crossed).

:thumbup:


--------------------
  Moderation is key 

  "There is no god higher than truth." 


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody know how to plug a leak? [Re: D4NK]
    #6860105 -

Its only a temporary fix thats whats wrong with it. Your basically jerry rigging it.


--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody know how to plug a leak? [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #6860579 -

I jb welded a gas tank leak on an old car and it worked for 1 1/2 years plus until I got another car. I love the stuff, saved me from having to pay a mechanic to fix it.


--------------------
All that groks is God.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody know how to plug a leak? [Re: Riboflavin]
    #6860719 -

Ductape. :smile2:


--------------------
/ / / / / / / LISTEN TO MY MUSIC: E X E D / / / / / / /
The universe gives no fucks. And takes no fucks.
May His Circuits Ever Function

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody know how to plug a leak? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #6860812 -

Prisoner#1 said:
never JB Weld ANYTHING!!!

EVER!



Hey, JB Weld has its uses! For instance, this necklace I wear...its a trilobite I picked up about 13 years ago. I made a backing out of a piece of stainless steel and used JB Weld to attach the fossil to the front. Its been around my neck every day since. I just tie on a new piece of leather cord every few years when it starts to wear thin. I double knot the leather and set the knot with some epoxy so it can never come off. I'm sure I'll break the cord and lose it long before the JB Weld bond will ever let go.






However, for mechanical repairs I would have to agree....don't use JB Weld!


--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* How do I safely get rid of leaking propane tank? Boom 9,137 12 04/23/09 10:00 PM
by canid
* My car has a leak cApTaInCrAp 471 11 06/24/10 05:37 PM
by makaveli8x8
* Top kill' method 'stops BP oil leak' in Gulf of Mexico fapjack 502 2 05/27/10 08:45 AM
by trekie
* Anyone else see the irony in hybrid cars with leather interior?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
SporeGirl000 4,391 63 06/16/10 07:58 PM
by Great Scott
* Stainless steel rust? Almond Flour 891 8 03/29/09 04:21 PM
by makaveli8x8
* Fixing leaking faucets on a tub demiu5 567 3 07/25/06 10:23 AM
by Infrared
* Leather jackets pimp or gay? Dyslexicate 2,917 12 04/24/11 09:41 PM
by skiddy
* Girls wearing leather pants... Gumby 9,983 11 10/12/08 01:39 PM
by kramedit

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
959 topic views. 4 members, 28 guests and 111 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.