Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
First shroom trip, a mixture of Hell and Heaven
    #680717 - 06/15/02 04:01 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

This is quite a long post, so if you don't like long posts, please don't subject yourself to this!

Well, last night I did my first ever shroom trip. I ate roughly 5 medium sized Blue Meanies and about 10 tiny ones. No scale, so I would have to eyeball the dose. I munched them down at about 5ish, and chewed them up then washed each mouthful down with some Powerade. I had a small lunch at about 2:30pm and have quite an empty stomach.
PART I : Hell
When I was done munching, I headed out along the sand dunes to sit up on a small hill that overlooks the bay. By the time I get there, I feel some effects beginning to start. Not sure what to expect (even though I have done 17 acid trips before) and am a little nervous. Some people are already up on the hill, so I wait a few minutes and they leave. I waste no time and scramble up the steep hill and reach the top, take my bag off, lay a towel on the damp grass and start listening to Devin Townsend. At first, everything is pretty good, little nausea, the clouds are looking rather alien, and the low tide has exposed the rocky reef which looks entrancing. It starts to get darker, and there's a bit of a chilly wind blowing. I start to feel a bit strange and get quite cold, even though I'm wearing really warm clothes. The nausea gets stronger and I try to fight it off. Thinking I took too much, I begin to panic a little. I don't like the nausea and am not feeling very comfortable at all. The sky looks like it is going to smother me and I lie back and try and breathe and close my eyes. Suddenly I feel like I've pissed myself. My legs feel really warm and my bowels feel really strange. I actually have to check that I haven't pissed myself, and just to make sure, I walk to the edge of the hill and kneel down to take a piss. I still feel nauseaous and lie back down and try to relax. The music is scaring me a little and the sky still looks threatening. After about 30 mins, I gag, sit up suddenly and crawl after from the towel and begin to vomit on the grass. Now I'm really freaking out, I don't want my first shroom trip to be pure Hell, and throw up a few more times and expel the Powerade. I lay back down, and a few minutes later I throw up again. This would be the last time I throw up. My friend messages my phone and asks if I'm doing alright (they were back at the camp site drinking). I message back saying "No, I've just thrown up". So he runs all the way to find where I am and I can see his torch waving around as he gets closer. So I snapped a glowstick and held it up so he could tell where I was. Finally he gets up the hill and helps me regain myself. I pack away my towel and get out my torch after he takes a picture of me (with my permission). I'm still feeling a little shattered, but glad to see my friend and he helps me down the hill and we make our way back to camp. We have a little chat and now I'm feeling a lot better and the chills have passed. When we get back we sit around a little BBQ and have music playing quietly on the stereo. Feeling a lot better, but my spirits are rather low and I still feel uncomfortable and wonder if I will ever do this again. I have trouble thinking and finally get the words out to say I'm going to the toilet then go lie down in the tent.

PART II : Heaven

I crawled under my duvet and put on Lateralus, then close my eyes and take all the music in. There are slight closed eye visuals, not as intense because I threw up a few shrooms. Most of them had digested and now I'm aware that I'm actually tripping quite hard. Finally I crack a HUGE smile! And it's a real one this time, not a nervous smile in an attempt to laugh off the bad feelings. The music is really warm and making me feel great and the nausea is long gone. My friends come in and check if I'm OK, I say yes and then they go off to the beach for a while. I get out my phone to message the person someone, and WOW! I'm absolutely fucked. I have a lot of trouble trying to focus on the phone and the letters. I keep feeling cross eyed and my focus is going in and out. The letters are slightly warped and from this point on, I was feeling GREAT! Most of the time I had my eyes closed, but at time I wasn't sure if they were closed. This made me laugh out loud and I had to check with my fingers to see if they actually were, and yes they were closed. It felt like I could still see the outside world. I finish the album off, and then take a piss. The minute I step outside, I'm completly amazed. There are BILLIONS of stars, I can see galaxies, the moon is out, it's absolutely gorgoeous. When I get back to the tent, I have a strong urge to go out into the wild again, so I pack up my bag, taking out the blankets and towels and just have my small umbella, torch, tapes, and spare batteries and venture out into the night. The tape ends, so I put on Pink Floyd - Ummagumma Disc 1 and on the other side is Dark Side of the Moon. I reach the beach and stop to gaze up. I'm completly in awe. So I message my friends and say that I'm feeling great now and I've gone for a wander. Then, there's some flashes of lighting over the hill. I grin with glee, and every now and then I see a shooting star. Head back to the camp, have a brief talk, then say I'm off for another walk, and I head back to the hill I had started off on. Walking is a bit clumsy and I'm a little confused and not entirely sure if I'm going the right way, but I am, and make my way to the hill, and get back up on the top. This time, there's no nausea, no chills, no fear. I take my bag off, take my umbrella out as it may begin to rain, and lay down and gaze up to the stars. Dark Side of the Moon begins and I'm grinning ear to ear. More flashes of lightning, and no thunder or rain. Just a bit windy, and it's perfect. Really warm, and the visuals are nice and natural. I close my eyes every now and then get slight CEVs. I spent the rest of the night up there, changed the album and put on Earthtone 9 - arc'tan'gent and am completly blown away and going nuts over the music. I'm drumming it out and miming along and nodding my head and banging my imaginery drum with my hands and glowstick. The last song comes around, and I nearly weep, because it's so glorious. I still feel a bit bad about throwing up, but put it behind me. Finally I put another album on, Devin Townsend again, from the beginning, and take a piss. This time the music doesn't scare me and I merrily stumble off the hill and back to camp. Everyone's off to bed, and I have a little chat, a bit of a laugh, and hop into bed and finish the album. My glowstick was hung from the roof of the tent and then I roll over and go to sleep.

A really rocky start, and I think I know why. Some of the tiny shrooms were a bit black, and I didn't manage to dry them out properly. So my guess is that they were slightly rotten and didn't settle well with my stomach. I'd have to say it was a Level 2 trip, sometimes bordering on Level 3, especially at the start. But after I threw up, the effects were a little milder. I really did prefer this to the long 12 hour trip of acid. By 12am I was able to go to sleep and the effects were wearing off. I found it not as harsh as an acid trip, although I do really enjoy acid trips, I just found this a lot more natural and overall enjoyable (except the puking). I plan to wait a few more weeks then try again, and find some more effective drying techniques.

Sorry for such a long post, but I just got home from camp and really wanted to share this experience.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTM
The Mind, The Many, The Music.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Under The Table And Dream...
Re: First shroom trip, a mixture of Hell and Heaven [Re: Sheepish]
    #680892 - 06/15/02 05:43 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Hey Sheepish!

Enjoyed your post! I'm sure that the black topped abhorts were the major contiributing factor in your discomfort and nausea resulting in vommiting. The only time I've thrown up on shrooms was during my peak when I had eaten the shrooms blended with pure orange juice. Another time, I felt nausea during the first 2 hours of a trip but considering that I had had sushi for lunch that day, I wasn't too surprised and managed to avoid throwing up by just saying to myself "mind over matter" over and over. The nausea subsided shortly thereafter.

Great that you listened to some good music through headphones (that's the way I spend 99% of my time during trips) Since you enjoyed Dark Side Of The Moon "grinning ear to ear", next time listen to The Beatles Magical Mystery Tour and Sgt. Pepper's - You could've REALLY realted to "Fool on the Hill"
Talk about some lip-syncing and playing air instruments! WOW... NOTHING beats these two albums for tripping!

Also don't miss out on Rush - Moving Pictures. Limelight is my favorite song of all time. (my signature) (I will ONLY listen to it when peaking) I BECOME the long guitar riff near the ending when that loooong crying note hangs in there bending around a corner taking you all the way to the drums in the ending, it just blows me away every time! (Sometimes I play it twice in a row!)

As for drying your shrooms;
Cut the larger caps in half, cut the thicker stems in halves or quarters (lengthwise)
and lay them out on newspaper with a small fan blowing on them for a couple of days. To remove any remaining moisture, seal them in an air tight container with a can of damp-rid (dessicant) for a few more days. They should then be cracker-dry and ready to vaccum pack and freeze. They last indefinately long and keep plenty of potency with this drying/storing method. I have some that are 5 years old and still just the same as when I got them.

--------------------
================================================

"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TM™ :cool:

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Re: First shroom trip, a mixture of Hell and Heave [Re: TM]
    #680913 - 06/15/02 05:50 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for the tips! I will check out those albums ASAP. About the drying, would putting them in the oven at 50 degress celcius on fan bake for a minute or two dry them quite well? Last time I lay the shrooms out on a newspaper in my hiding spot (not damp) and checked on them every night. They were dry, but not cracker dry. And I then put them in an airtight container with some silicia packets, but I checked them later and they smelt funny and didn't look drier, but damper. So I put them back out on the newspaper.
If they're cracker dry, would keeping them in a tupperware airtight container be good for short time storage of a few weeks?

InvisibleTM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: First shroom trip, a mixture of Hell and Heave [Re: Sheepish]
    #680962 - 06/15/02 06:18 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

NO NO NO... Don't bake 'em!! You'll ruin 'em!
The ones you put in the bag with silica gel are toast. There was probably too much moisture still in 'em for the amount of silica gel you used. Too bad.

Once you get 'em to be cracker dry it doesn't matter how you store them for short term. Long term, I'd vacuum pack and freeze.

--------------------

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

#680966 - 06/15/02 06:22 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Now that would explain the intense nausea All the shrooms that I attempted to dry out with the silcia went into my stomach for this trip. I think I just underestimated how quick they go bad. Well in this case, I'm glad I threw up, otherwise I think I would have felt nauseous for six hours. I have a humidifier (a big one for sucking the moisture out of an entire room). Would if speed up drying if I place them on a newspaper in front of it?

Edited by Sheepish (06/15/02 06:24 PM)

OfflineWildLASER
Infinity In AGrain Of Salt

#680976 - 06/15/02 06:27 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Those black little fuckers can be viscious. I remember telling my friend not to eat them, he wanted some extra and did not heed my advice. Lo and behold, he was puking up semi digested mushrooms on my lawn. This made me very paranoid, as someone else was loudly exlaiming "Look, there are shrooms in his puke!".

I have also found that grinding up the shrooms and putting them in capsules preserves them very well. Especially if you do as TripMeister says and keep them with a bit of dessicant for extra protection.

It also seems to come on smoother when ingested that way, and eleminates at least for me those shroom tasing burps, and any nausea...

--------------------
,'~Þ

InvisibleTM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #680989 - 06/15/02 07:10 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Oh! GOOD News! They're NOT toast!! (degraded maybe) but if you were able to get off on 'em they still work! IT WAS THE LITTLE BLACK CAPPED ABHORTS that caused your problem.

I think you mean DE-humidifier - They don't have to be in front of it, just in the same room. Yes, run it and have a fan blowing on the shrooms. Get a couple of cans of damp-rid or some other quality dessicant to use to finish 'em off. They MUST be CRACKER-DRY!

BTW - You were at a definate LEVEL 3 trip for a while there. Remember when you couldn't tell if your eyes were open or closed? That's a 3 or higher!

--------------------

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: Sheepish]
    #681051 - 06/15/02 08:15 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Re: First shroom trip, a mixture of Hell and Heave [Re: ]
    #681065 - 06/15/02 08:32 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for the help everyone. I'm getting some more later next week and I'll make sure they're cracker dry and not eat any black aborts. I may buy some ginger capsules just in case. And we're planning to go back up to the same camp site, so should be nice!

InvisibleTM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #681075 - 06/15/02 08:42 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I'd wait a minimum of 3 weeks to get a nice effect. Tolerance is a factor.
If you do shrooms again after only a week, it won't be even close to what you expect.

--------------------

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

#681113 - 06/15/02 09:25 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Yep, I know that already hehe. I'll just dry em out, and store em well then go camping in 3 weeks time.

OfflineBarbi
Plastic Person

#681280 - 06/16/02 02:46 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Edited by mndfreeze

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Loc: NY
    #681790 - 06/16/02 09:35 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

My first trip was also called heaven and hell, but I went all the way (very stupid) with close to 10 dried g, and I have never done any thing but pot before, well those days are long gone and I have learn a lot since then and never had a hellish episode again.
1) Do in it nature, is the best
2) Rue takes away the edginess
3) Fallow a good diet 2 days before
4) After ingesting take 3 or 4 papaya pill and some ginger pills (will help you digest them better and help with the nausea)
5) Tripp only with people that you really feel good and can handle a trip.
6) Ask the shrooms to take care and teach you, and give thanks to them. (Help's a lot)
Good luck

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules