Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Got anything speshul planned for Bicycle Day this thursday?
    #6795014 -

Quote:
"Last Friday, April 16, 1943, I was forced to interrupt my work in the laboratory in the middle of the afternoon and proceed home, being affected by a remarkable restlessness, combined with a slight dizziness. At home I lay down and sank into a not unpleasant intoxicated-like condition, characterized by an extremely stimulated imagination. In a dreamlike state, with eyes closed (I found the daylight to be unpleasantly glaring), I perceived an uninterrupted stream of fantastic pictures, extraordinary shapes with intense, kaleidoscopic play of colors. After some two hours this condition faded away."

Three days later, on April 19, 1943 (known as Bicycle Day), Dr. Hofmann intentionally ingested 250 µg of LSD, which he hypothesized would be a threshold dose, based on other ergot alkaloids. In reality, this is a fairly substantial dose and the threshold would actually be around 25 µg. Hoffman wrote:

"By now it was already clear to me that LSD had been the cause of the remarkable experience of the previous Friday, for the altered perceptions were of the same type as before, only much more intense. I had to struggle to speak intelligibly. I asked my laboratory assistant, who was informed of the self-experiment, to escort me home. We went by bicycle, no automobile being available because of wartime restrictions on their use. On the way home, my condition began to assume threatening forms. Everything in my field of vision wavered and was distorted as if seen in a curved mirror. I also had the sensation of being unable to move from the spot. Nevertheless, my assistant later told me we had traveled very rapidly."




I've been sitting on three very, very potent sugarcubes dosed with LSD. Each is individually wrapped and under tight seals. I've had them locked away for approx. 3 and a half years.

Alex Grey is giving a presentation on his painting "St. Albert and the LSD Revelation Revolution" at 4:20 P.M., the exact time that Dr. Hoffman wrote, in his logs, that he had dosed himself with 250 micrograms of LSD.





One thing I won't be doing is riding my bike around the city on LSD - I would die for sure.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got anything speshul planned for Bicycle Day this thursday? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6795039 -

Quote:
I've been sitting on three very, very potent sugarcubes dosed with LSD. Each is individually wrapped and under tight seals. I've had them locked away for approx. 3 and a half years.



Were they frozen? If not, how do you store them that they'll actually keep that long?


--------------------
Disclaimer: If you have any kind of heart condition, my posts are not for you. You could literally die from reading the first couple of words in any one of them. Scroll down the page, live your life and prosper, but don't read my posts because your heart will probably explode. I am not joking.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got anything speshul planned for Bicycle Day this thursday? [Re: EllisDSox]
    #6795049 -

Ziploc bag inside a ziploc bag, with silica gel to keep out moisture, inside another ziploc bag, inside tupperware, in the freezer. :smile:


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got anything speshul planned for Bicycle Day this thursday? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6795205 -

So you're saying they're not gonna work... :smirk:


--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got anything speshul planned for Bicycle Day this thursday? [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #6795208 -

Placebos - my anti-drug.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got anything speshul planned for Bicycle Day this thursday? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6795333 -

mmmm. i think i'll take some too, why not. It's CULTURE SHOCK WEEKEND!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got anything speshul planned for Bicycle Day this thursday? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6795346 -

I'll probably just ride my bike like I usually do.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got anything speshul planned for Bicycle Day this thursday? [Re: MOTH]
    #6795378 -

I even told my manager at work that it was "Bicycle Day" and she got all excited and gung-ho..haha.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got anything special planned for Bicycle Day this Thursday? [Re: MOTH]
    #6795434 -

My first post was last bicycle day,and most of the responses were people saying "what? its the 19th?" or "Its not the 19th here yet".

for this bicycle day I have organized a 4k ride for a group of my friends. Should be sweet. Unfortunately, no cid.
Then we are going to get drunk and go laugh at people loosing money at the casino until they kick us out.

Edited by MrNatural (04/16/07 04:06 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got anything speshul planned for Bicycle Day this thursday? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6795509 -

i gotta work thursday, so instead i am tripping wednesday morning.

i'll probably have a mild dose of psilocybe extract with a light breakfast,

and a long ass bike ride with a packed lunch to eat out in the woods somewhere.


--------------------
µgrammar

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got anything speshul planned for Bicycle Day this thursday? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6796548 -

I've got 6 hits, but class till almost 6pm and too much other shit to do


but I'll definitely be riding my bike around all day :smile:


--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got anything speshul planned for Bicycle Day this thursday? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6796559 -

I'll be continuing my abstinence from psychedelics :frown:


--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got anything speshul planned for Bicycle Day this thursday? [Re: demiu5]
    #6796589 -

demius said:
I've got 6 hits, but class till almost 6pm and too much other shit to do


but I'll definitely be riding my bike around all day :smile:



Just PM them to me and I'll dose for you.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got anything speshul planned for Bicycle Day this thursday? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6796597 -

A beautiful soul in the form of a little bird recently dropped some DMT into my lap. My first and only experience with n,n-DMT was at dawnbreak, August 6th 2005.....so I'm going to take the plunge again on Bicycle Day, in honor of our beloved Albert Hoffman. :heartpump:

That Alex Grey chapel sounds sick....NYC isn't all that far away, I should make the trek up there someday.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got anything speshul planned for Bicycle Day this thursday? [Re: jewunit]
    #6796600 -

if only it were that easy


--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got anything speshul planned for Bicycle Day this thursday? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6796606 -

I think I'll be picking Shroomism up at the airport and tying to figure out where the AZ gathering is and how we're getting there :grin:


--------------------
LNC's official Alaskan stoner
:jackdaniels::drooling::jackdaniels:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got anything speshul planned for Bicycle Day this thursday? [Re: Jadian]
    #6796663 -

Hopefully I'll recieve my Salvia in the mail by the 19th... then I'll have some fun...


--------------------
I'm in need of a sterile sporeprint, if anyone wants to do a trade for some seeds or something, or maybe just for free if you have a lot of them............. i'd really appreciate it :mushroom2:

NuggetPorch said - "YES! YES!!!! Coaster its Faint, but its fucking there YOU see it!!! Perhaps we are both on some sort of unusual wave length associated with unusual neuro-transmitters, mind expansion white light, or something we can not even begin to understand or fathom to conceive because it is a gift of insight or a curse given to us by powers beyond our control, something we are not meant to know."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got anything speshul planned for Bicycle Day this thursday? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6796744 -

I've got 5 really potent liquid hits on paper that I'm saving up. I think I'm going to dose them all and hitch a ride with my sis on Thursday up to Santa Cruz; last time I dosed in a car it was to Vegas and was such amazing fun. Nothing better than seeing the country fried out of your gourd and talking amazing cosmic shit to all your friends and family only to come down on the headiest campus in California :tripping:


--------------------
I'm racist.                http://k-k-k.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got anything speshul planned for Bicycle Day this thursday? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6797318 -

I'll be flying down to AZ.  :woot:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got anything speshul planned for Bicycle Day this thursday? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6797367 -

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
One thing I won't be doing is riding my bike around the city on LSD




because I plan on stealing it

now have a happy bicycle day

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* My 12,001 post at the Shroomery.: Albert Hofmann Melts
( 1 2 all )
mjshroomer 4,002 29 03/16/06 10:00 PM
by mjshroomer
* Happy Bicycle Day! tomas 1,651 8 04/19/05 03:00 PM
by gdman
* "The Bicycle Ride" BLAST_420 835 9 05/10/06 10:22 PM
by aNeway2sayHooray
* Happy Bicycle Day! *DELETED* wandrnshaman 1,202 15 04/19/05 07:41 PM
by captmueller
* Abbie Hoffman album (mp3s)
( 1 2 all )
LearyfanS 3,670 22 09/27/04 08:57 PM
by Learyfan
* Celebrate Bicycle Day - April 19th Vvellum 855 4 04/14/05 09:22 AM
by Todcasil
* picture of albert hoffman....
( 1 2 all )
HidingInPlainSight 5,247 24 04/29/08 03:52 PM
by 0xYg3n
* Hoffman's Potion freddurgan 1,679 16 03/02/05 06:28 PM
by Ripple

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,757 topic views. 2 members, 11 guests and 111 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.