Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Happy Bicycle Day!
    #4072435 -

[Quoting from MAPS mailing list]

BICYCLE DAY, April 19th


Since 1984, some people have observed Bicycle Day on April 19th. This
is the anniversary of the day that Albert Hofmann intentionally took LSD in 1943. On the 16th Hofmann accidentally absorbed a bit of LSD, but the 19th was the first intentional experience, when he took what he then considered a minimum effective dose, 250 mics. In LSD, My Problem Child he records that day:

"By now it was already clear to me that LSD had been the cause of the
remarkable experience of the previous Friday, for the altered perceptions were of the same type as before, only much more intense. I had to struggle to speak intelligibly. I asked my laboratory assistant, who was informed of the self-experiment, to escort me home. We went by bicycle, no automobile being available because of wartime restrictions on their use. On the way home, my condition began to assume threatening forms. Everyth! ing in my field of vision wavered and was distorted as if seen in a curved mirror. I also had the sensation of being unable to move from the spot. Nevertheless, my assistant later told me we had traveled very rapidly."

In this dark hour of ignorance and superstition about psychedelics, you can light a candle of hope and reason. To commemorate the bicycle ride that changed the world forever, let's celebrate Bicycle Day with bicycle trips, sending cards with bicycle pictures on them to friends, joyful picnics, and other festive activities.

Remember Bicycle Day and Keep it Holy

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Happy Bicycle Day! [Re: tomas]
    #4072439 -

I wonder how many threads of this will have popped up by the end of today.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Happy Bicycle Day! [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4072443 -

I don't know, Mr robot, why don't you tell us, you're probably going to make a few, yes?

In OTD? Hmmm?

well?


out with it....


--------------------
:crankey:
/    l    \__:thumbup: ... Hi, I'm Crankey, and I approve this message.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Happy Bicycle Day! [Re: MeatSpace]
    #4072446 -

:shiftyeyes:

I am guilty of nothing!


Heh, the more reminders that today is an LSD anniversary, the better.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Happy Bicycle Day! [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4072771 -

Hehe, sorry about that, I didn't see the original thread :smile:
I'll look better next time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Happy Bicycle Day! [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4072777 -

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
Heh, the more reminders that today is an LSD anniversary, the better.




--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Happy Bicycle Day! [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4073147 -

So - are there any get-together for this occasion anywhere in California? Bay Area perhaps?

Keys in hand, ready to go...


--------------------
"You already know everything, it's just a matter of time before you remember..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Happy Bicycle Day! [Re: tomas]
    #4073152 -

I have to celebrate next week.  :grin:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Happy Bicycle Day! [Re: Dark_Star]
    #4073182 -

Happy bicycle day :cool:!!


--------------------


Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.
         
I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

North Spore Shop: Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Happy Bicycle Day! *DELETED* wandrnshaman 1,202 15 04/19/05 07:41 PM
by captmueller
* Happy Bicycle Day! MrNatural 710 13 04/18/06 11:15 PM
by Skunk420
* Happy Bicycle Day!!!
( 1 2 all )
In(di)go 3,040 28 04/19/07 01:56 PM
by sui
* My 12,001 post at the Shroomery.: Albert Hofmann Melts
( 1 2 all )
mjshroomer 4,002 29 03/16/06 10:00 PM
by mjshroomer
* Got anything speshul planned for Bicycle Day this thursday?
( 1 2 all )
OneMoreRobot3021 2,757 31 04/19/07 08:05 AM
by JunkFood
* Happy 101st Birthday Albert Hofmann! (Jan. 11) *DELETED*
( 1 2 all )
pB0t 1,973 21 01/11/07 10:41 AM
by learning_byte
* Happy Birthday: Albert Hofmann lysergicide 915 9 01/11/06 03:19 PM
by THE KRAT BARON
* Albert Hofmann autograph selling on eBay jcdangerously 1,784 8 08/20/06 05:42 PM
by copelandiao

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,651 topic views. 4 members, 6 guests and 168 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.