Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Tryptamines or Phenethylamines?
    #6761230 -

Which family do you like better, tryptamines or phenethylamines? Why? Which chemical or chemicals specifically, and why? Combinations, doses, mushroom species if possible?


--------------------
Long you live and high you fly
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry
And all you touch and all you see
Is all your life will ever be.
-Pink Floyd-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tryptamines or Phenethylamines? [Re: Hippie Chemist]
    #6761239 -

Tryptamines.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tryptamines or Phenethylamines? [Re: GreenAssHands]
    #6761444 -

GreenAssHands said:
Tryptamines.



agreed.

I must say the best combination I've done is 4-ho-dipt and mdma, absolutely breathtaking.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tryptamines or Phenethylamines? [Re: nihilistism]
    #6761486 -

Tryptamines, although the only phenethylamine i have done is MDMA so the comparison perhaps is not fair from a psycadelic point of view.

I did mushrooms before ecstasy and found the feeling simply far more natural, i felt amazingly great insights regardless. On MDMA i also felt incredible, perhaps better in someway if that were possible, but it just didn't feel...right, not natural, i was being shoved, regardless of what would happen on that experience i would still feel blissful. That to me is the main point, MDMA alters your perception of life in a specific way, mushrooms simply enhance life exponentially; this feels better for the most part and can be used as a very useful tool.

I cannot see how MDMA could be used as a psychedelic tool in any real way, sure i have heard loads about it's potential in solving relationship problems and such...but are those problems actually solved or just hidden away under a fake charade of bliss? Of course one could equally argue that being 'madly in love' is not much different and actually works to some degree on the same chemical mechanisms but still.

That’s my view from what i have experienced so far, which is little. I have some reservations about stereotyping the phenethylamines under such a view however. I feel i will be able to judge better when i have
munched some San Pedro and compared that to mushrooms :smile:

Happy travels.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tryptamines or Phenethylamines? [Re: Amberthefrog]
    #6761491 -

You cant go wrong with some psilocybe cubensis, you just cant.


--------------------
Im Not Living, Im Just Killing Time

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tryptamines or Phenethylamines? [Re: Amberthefrog]
    #6761493 -

most definitely tryptamines


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tryptamines or Phenethylamines? [Re: DeathCompany]
    #6761789 -

well ill stand to say phenethylamines mainly from the cactus tho i must add the combination of two is amazing specialing using beta-carbolines


--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Edited by thedudenj (04/08/07 03:56 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tryptamines or Phenethylamines? [Re: DeathCompany]
    #6761981 -

I feel like the tryptamines seem to "teach" more. The phenethylamines don't leave me feeling the same satisfction. So far, I've done the following of both kinds. I also listed either how I know what chemicals they were, or how they were botained.

Tryptamines:
LSD (anyone who knows anything can tell acid from an RC like DOI or DOB)
LSA (extracted, injested ground seeds)
Harmala/Harmaline (Syrian rue extract)
DMT (extracted; ayahuasca)
AMT (powder from lab)
DiPT (powder from lab)
4-HO-DMT (all types of mushrooms)
5-MeO-DMT (powder from lab)
5-MeO-AMT (once on several hits of blotter being sold as acid)
5-MeO-DiPT (powder from lab)

Phenethylamines:
2C-E (powder from lab)
2C-I (powder from lab)
MDA (confirmed on e-data)
MDMA (Also confirmed online)
Mescaline (San Pedro)
DOI, DOB, DOC (not sure which one(s); I hate when people pass off DOX drugs as LSD)

The ones I like the most are DMT, LSD, and mushrooms.


--------------------
Long you live and high you fly
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry
And all you touch and all you see
Is all your life will ever be.
-Pink Floyd-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tryptamines or Phenethylamines? [Re: Hippie Chemist]
    #6762027 -

What I favor in order, although each drug does have its own unique "spirit" if you will:

- My number one is ayahuasca by far. However, I would still use it FAR less often than any other psychedelic drug.

- Lsd and mushrooms are a tie for second although in some strange way I still like lsd a bit more.

- mescaline would be number three.
-------------------------------------------------

Drugs I didnt like much(though they were all very interesting):

2c-i, 2c-b, and whatever dox chemical I once tried in the form of two enlarged plyable gel tabs.
Those are the only phens I have tried besides mescaline, and I really like mescaline.

I probably wouldnt like molly all that much and am sure I would hate almost any given E-pill.
--------------------------------------

Im damn sure im a tryp type guy.
Its what suits me best by far, thus far.


--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Edited by yageman (04/08/07 04:54 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tryptamines or Phenethylamines? [Re: Hippie Chemist]
    #6762030 -

Tryptamines. Which the exception of the MDxx variety, all the PEAs I've done feel completely fake, completely devoid of spirituality, and hard as all hell on the body. Mescaline, I'm sure would also be an exception, but I've yet to try that one.

Of the Tryptamines my favorites are DMT & LSD (which isn't exactly a tryptamine, but that's where they stick it). Those two substances fit me the best & are direct links to God. Hands down those two always give me spiritual/religious experiences. As far as combos go, of all the ones I've tried LSD & MDMA takes the cake.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tryptamines or Phenethylamines? [Re: Hippie Chemist]
    #6762096 -

Syrian Rue is a beta-carboline, and LSD is an ergoline containing both a phenethylamine and tryptamine skeleton.

This forum is not for the discussion of research chemicals, but since you don't have access to our Other Drugs Discussion forum and it's an interesting debate I shall leave it open for now.

Let's hear more from those whom have experience both with oral DMT and mescaline....

Under which criteria/conditions/setting would you choose to use a particular drug?

For the people who really enjoy the phenethylamines, what have you gained from using them?


--------------------


"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

- John Prine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tryptamines or Phenethylamines? [Re: schmutzen]
    #6762150 -

Wow, now this forum isnt for the discussion of research chemicals?

Way to hijack the questions posted by the thread maker.........lol
I dont care.

------> If I had experience with both ayahuasca and mescaline which I do, why the hell would I even begin to compare the vast differences?

Thanks for making this fact seem more out in the open--->"LSD is an ergoline containing both a phenethylamine and tryptamine skeleton".


--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tryptamines or Phenethylamines? [Re: yageman]
    #6762170 -

This forum never was for the discussion of research chemicals, read the rules stickied up at the top.

I'm not trying to hijack his questions, just change the discussion into a slightly different tune.

I never asked anyone to compare the differences between ayahuasca and mescaline, just looking for when users feel a certain drug is more appropriate.  :smile:


--------------------


"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

- John Prine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tryptamines or Phenethylamines? [Re: schmutzen]
    #6762215 -

namaste said:
This forum never was for the discussion of research chemicals, read the rules stickied up at the top.

I'm not trying to hijack his questions, just change the discussion into a slightly different tune.

I never asked anyone to compare the differences between ayahuasca and mescaline, just looking for when users feel a certain drug is more appropriate.  :smile:



Sorry, I never read the rules because I thought I wouldnt break them anyways.

Those were good questions.  Im just messing around.

  You are an intense mod is all.  And I like it.

  Ayahuasca:
  I use it when I want to fuse with the world around me so as to find the golden mean between all things while the unmoved mover is present.... 
  I prefer a dimly lit room, then take a walk outside in the night just so I dont get my exploding brain all over the walls of my house.

  Mescaline:
  Like water.  When you put water in a jar it becomes the jar.  If you put water in a tea cup it becomes a teacup.
  I like to use that drug in  a few situations.
Its good when taken with a good friend, good outdoors, but like ayahuasca, its profound and I usually use it in a dimly lit room.
  With any given dose of mescaline Im most likely to listen to music or make music.
  If I take enough, silence and darkness makes enough sound, and destroys any music I put on.



I consider ayahuasca to be a very magical and personal thing.
  I would only use it in the presence of a shaman and a group of people on ayahuasca, or alone(alone is all I really want)...

  If I want to die and be reborn, I will take ayahuasca.  I say this in a way that is totally seperated from my expectations of this often talked about brew.

  That is honestly what it does to me.
  It speaks, and in that way reminds me of mushrooms.

  Lsd speaks as does mescaline, but in a more all-encompassing, less magical/alien, and more complex but soothing way.

Thats it for me in a silly little nutshell.


--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Edited by yageman (04/08/07 06:04 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tryptamines or Phenethylamines? [Re: yageman]
    #6762276 -

Quote:
yageman said:
If I take enough, silence and darkness makes enough sound, and destroys any music I put on.



:thumbup:


--------------------


"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

- John Prine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tryptamines or Phenethylamines? [Re: yageman]
    #6762343 -

Ayahuasca -
I may make a brew once in the spring or once in the fall, alone or with my dogs, around the campfire. I see it as a way to prepare for the challenges of the coming seasons and celebrate the passing of the previous. I like to use it as way to explore the pieces of life that are often too difficult to grasp.

Mescaline -
One large dose, late in the summer at a humble, outdoor music festival. I take it with my wife, as a way to bond, to accept the things that are often difficult to confront and to make our short time together away from home that much more magical and euphoric.

Mushrooms -
Once a month, as close to the Full Moon as possible.


--------------------


"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

- John Prine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tryptamines or Phenethylamines? [Re: schmutzen]
    #6762424 -

namaste said:
Ayahuasca -
I may make a brew once in the spring or once in the fall, alone or with my dogs, around the campfire. I see it as a way to prepare for the challenges of the coming seasons and celebrate the passing of the previous. I like to use it as way to explore the pieces of life that are often too difficult to grasp.

Mescaline -
One large dose, late in the summer at a humble, outdoor music festival. I take it with my wife, as a way to bond, to accept the things that are often difficult to confront and to make our short time together away from home that much more magical and euphoric.





So simple and well put.
The ayahuasca part got at my heart strings.

The "mescaline and wife" part is part of what I can hope for in my life.
Without the mescaline preferably because I dont see myself taking another hallucinogen in less than ten years.

Cool post. Good to know how some people "roll"..........lol


--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tryptamines or Phenethylamines? [Re: yageman]
    #6763127 -

yeah ayahuasca tho i prefer my own brew and it has cactus in it amoung many other things


--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tryptamines or Phenethylamines? [Re: thedudenj]
    #6763356 -

For me, it'd have to be tryptamines without a doubt!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tryptamines or Phenethylamines? [Re: Feanor]
    #6764320 -

Tough call. I do enjoy 2ci and am coming to really like the cactus (even some of the preparation has it's own appeal, like you have to put some of yourself into it (sometimes even literally, *whoops with the carving knife*)).

I do luv me some shrooms though. And the little bit of LSD I've done was enjoyable, as I remember it.

Conclusion: Not enough data, this requires much more testing. :laugh:


--------------------
Happiness is a warm gun...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Tryptamine Visuals cubeladd 2,854 12 01/12/17 10:26 AM
by AuroraBorealis88
* Tryptamines Vs. Phenethylamines
( 1 2 3 4 all )
PsilocybinMind 15,532 64 06/20/11 01:35 AM
by starfire_xes
* Mescaline's mental effects AsanteM 10,037 12 08/09/06 01:38 PM
by EndlessNameless
* Mescaline microdots. CallMeB 3,120 8 05/25/07 09:15 PM
by colimon
* Does Mescaline have a similar toxicity profile to MDMA? ShroomDoom 3,943 13 09/17/09 03:38 PM
by ReoSpeedwagon153
* Do you think this was real Mescaline? peruvian spark 3,870 13 02/06/03 10:33 AM
by Cherk
* Mescaline>than LSD but also very different.
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Cannabischarlie 16,905 85 06/29/10 12:34 PM
by WingedWatcher
* Is LSD a tryptamine or phenethylamine
( 1 2 all )
MercuryDrinker 30,892 31 02/24/09 08:30 PM
by Entropymancer

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, Asante, Rose, mushboy, LogicaL Chaos, Northerner, bodhisatta
4,096 topic views. 7 members, 140 guests and 82 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.