Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineRoger_irrelevant
War's boring,change thechannel!

MJ a word in your shell like...
    #676366 - 06/13/02 11:07 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I was just reading your safe-pik guide and came across what seems in my mind to be a discrepancy.

PANAEOLUS SUBBALTEATUS

Pic 1 COMMENT: Sometimes bluing occurs. Dries to a white color in sunlight. Do not pick when on dung.

Q) Why not!?

Pic 4 COMMENT: There are many varieties of Panaeolus. However, when eating shrooms which grow in manure, be sure to make tea.

Q) Why do you have to make tea, and furthurmore didn't you just say...^^^^

--------------------
We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: MJ a word in your shell like... [Re: Roger_irrelevant]
    #676658 - 06/13/02 02:31 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Well for one thing the dung Panaeolus (not Copelandia) have a lot of bacteria in the stems. Their physiology is quite different in structure than a Psilocybe and tend to become more fragile when collected in manure..

AS for making tea, any shrooms where you have to eat an ounce or more of fresh mushroom which gags the throat as Panaeolus species do, then tea is a god way to consume them and it also kills bacteria from boiling the water to make the tea.

I personally6 like to eat the mushrooms fresh or dry but then many injoy the fast rocket like comeon with tea then the slow comeon of eating them slowily one at a time.

Adntheat safe pick guide was written in 1978 and my partner Frank Rinaldo write some of the comments and a few were misplaced oir mis read. I peresonally hav enot looked at the display at erowid, but I understand many people go tot hat guide for advice.

That guide was originally sold as a poster to poison controll centers around the USA to help doctors identify items which ay have been accidently or purposely consumed resulting in dysphoric reactions after consumption.

Then it was sold in packets of 10 cards to a set and 8 sets to the whole set.

Then it was made into a pocket size book.

Hope that helps a little in your questions.

The Pn. sub is common in the puget sound region from Corvalis Oregon to British COlombia and is more common in haystacks here in the Pacific Northwest. As for in manure, very rare here in the northwest. I only found three small collections of five to ten mushrooms each time in the past 25 years . I find more now in woodchip and garden soils in the Seattle area than in manure. ANd definately more in compost heaps left all year rotting than I do in Manure.

Since Settle has millions of blue ringers and other species not found in manure, I probably approved that statement since the other mushrooms were more common and unless one found a large haysatack environment I doubted that anyone would find them in manure here.

mj

OfflineRoger_irrelevant
War's boring,change thechannel!

Re: MJ a word in your shell like... [Re: mjshroomer]
    #677307 - 06/13/02 09:02 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for clearing that up.

--------------------
We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification