Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: i fucking hate myself [Re: tiny_rabid_birds]
    #6720836 -

I definitely understand not having any major of interest, I got to a school with something like 175 majors and almost none of them interest me, and the ones that do I don't have the skillsets for. That's fine, I understand I can major in something but not have to work in it, or major in something with job security. I don't see the point in double majoring though, that just seems ridiculous. Seems like you just made the workload a little too hard.

I also have terrible grades (1.3), I don't know how I'm not on probation. I wouldn't worry about grad school though... Well I would, but if I was you I would not. There are tons out there. Don't go straight to grad school, get some work experience, go to grad school, then get some more work experience. No matter where you go to grad school I'm willing to bet with some job experience you will be able to find a perfectly fine job either in your field or even somewhere else.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i fucking hate myself [Re: tiny_rabid_birds]
    #6720919 -

tiny_rabid_birds said:
double major economics and management & society. honestly, i hate them both. i was considering getting a master's in economics.

and before people start lecturing me on hating my major, save it. believe me, i've thought and thought and thought about it. and really, there's nothing i enjoy that i could turn into a profitable endeavor. i finally decided to suck it up, do something i hate, and settled on a track i felt would get me a decent job with a decent salary.



unless your close in getting the degree get out, your wasting your time, money isn't worth doing something you hate,

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i fucking hate myself [Re: capliberty]
    #6721247 -

i'm double majoring because the majors share a lot of classes - it's only an extra 4 classes.

and i'm not sure i was planning on going to grad school immediately afterwards.. just before too long.

and "getting out" isn't an option. seriously. i'm not doing it for money, i'm doing it so i can have options open in the future.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Bob Weir: One of the 10 Most Hated Men in Rock???
( 1 2 all )
Gr8fulJ420 13,282 34 09/03/04 08:46 PM
by YouEnjoyMyself
* I hate winter...
( 1 2 all )
Innvertigo 4,564 28 10/11/18 05:54 PM
by Envix
* why does the shroomery hate the US Government?
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Anonymous 11,938 86 10/03/18 01:46 PM
by Ant89
* am I fucked?.... need advice Turd 2,673 11 04/03/04 06:42 PM
by enotake2
* I HATE STATS! l3ounTy 759 6 03/04/04 03:04 PM
by Delyrium
* I hate Georgia Tech, I hate engineering, and I hate my major freddurgan 16,741 13 09/06/04 01:45 AM
by lovelight
* Fucking people that eat all of your fucking food MOTH 1,625 11 03/15/04 07:38 PM
by Ripple
* I hate to hear terrible news.. Brugman 1,138 8 11/14/03 03:21 PM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,884 topic views. 1 members, 18 guests and 238 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 17 queries.