Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Space Station Rigel - A Background
    #6604986 -



--------------------
:mafioso:
I'm so lucrative, even my birthday suit is in three pieces.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Space Station Rigel - A Background [Re: ThreePieceSuit]
    #6605744 -

Bump.


--------------------
:mafioso:
I'm so lucrative, even my birthday suit is in three pieces.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Space Station Rigel - A Background [Re: ThreePieceSuit]
    #6607784 -

I love the background, but the space station doesn't really fit in..

how did you make the background?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Space Station Rigel - A Background [Re: stefan]
    #6607971 -

The background was done on ArtRage and the space station on MS Paint.

I'd post the background without the station, but sadly I forgot to save the individual layers like I usually do, so the Station is stuck there.


--------------------
:mafioso:
I'm so lucrative, even my birthday suit is in three pieces.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Space Station Rigel - A Background [Re: ThreePieceSuit]
    #6608925 -

Bumpy bumpy bumpy


--------------------
:mafioso:
I'm so lucrative, even my birthday suit is in three pieces.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Space Station Rigel - A Background [Re: ThreePieceSuit]
    #6610964 -

Well if you're hurting for suggestions so badly..

You're portrayal of outer space looks like a snowstorm at night. Way too many stars, too many fuzzy objects not shaped like stars or planetary glow, it's too constant and as a result has no depth. I can see the photoshop filter style generated noise.

The big fuzz ball looks like the product of excessive smearing, the black edges are too dark and rigid in contrast to the background. What is it supposed to be anyway? There's nothing at it's center..

The space station was done in MS Paint. Nuff said.

The composition has potential. The color scheme is basic but works, minus the white centers on the space station, what was the reasoning behind this?

I don't mean to sound like a dick but there's a lot of space for improvement. If you're using shitty tools and can't "get" a program like photoshop check out The Gimp. I started with that program maybe..seven years ago and it's an excellent and powerful introductory tool.


--------------------
From dust you are made and to dust you shall return.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Space Station Rigel - A Background [Re: elbisivni]
    #6613327 -

Thanks for the criticism, I do appreciate it, by the way.

As for the stars, they were done with a tool in ArtRage. I never really intended them to look that convincing, the main thing was a sort of backdrop. Yes, the star was done by smearing, as you plainly saw. Realism wasn't my main intent here, I was going for an almost abstract comp based upon the loneliness of a space station and the star Rigel, of which I'm quite fond. Another aspect was the contrast.

I've used Gimp before, and I'm personally not that fond of it. ArtRage is more of a paint style program, resulting in some pretty impressive results if I take my time.

At any rate, thanks, I'll take note of those ideas in my next piece.


--------------------
:mafioso:
I'm so lucrative, even my birthday suit is in three pieces.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* looking for some space themed music!
( 1 2 all )
SgtBob 2,892 20 08/16/05 04:35 PM
by BigBallZMaN
* MIND BLOWING ART PROGRAM! pupil 1,087 6 03/03/05 08:48 PM
by lackobreath
* Music Programs CherryBomM 1,458 12 01/04/05 01:22 AM
by Vvellum
* Someone with a program better than MS Paint Digs 600 4 07/01/05 06:28 AM
by Digs
* Collaboration Station Presents... A new collaboration! JacquesCousteau 2,693 16 11/28/04 11:53 AM
by deltron
* A Meld in Space mjshroomer 751 7 03/18/03 08:19 PM
by Fliquid
* Psychedelic Space superfalk 829 4 01/01/04 05:23 PM
by Blastrid
* space mushrooms psilomonkey 466 2 04/05/04 07:00 AM
by butterflydawn

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
1,030 topic views. 0 members, 2 guests and 4 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.