Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshadow_walker

Loc: USA,SC,Spartanburg
Need A Opinion on these SHROOMS
    #655876 - 05/31/02 12:57 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I belive the big one is either a Destroying angel :< or a version of the Amanita muscaria:>.But im not sure Im in South Carolina Just had a 3 day rain.Shrooms have not brused yet since they are only 5mins old.The large white on has warts on it.And i dont know about the red one.All shrooms where found in the woods around pine and moss,Not to far from a creek What did I come up with?????

--------------------
-------Them there good eatens---------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Need A Opinion on these SHROOMS [Re: shadow_walker]
    #656101 - 05/31/02 03:00 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I don't know that you could have picked a worse group of mushrooms :P
The big one is either A. virosa(Destroying angel) or A. phalloides(Death Cap). The small one is Russla emetica(Sickener). If you eat R. emetica, you will get very sick and start sweating and vomiting. The last one is probaly some sort of Agaricus, Strotophoia, or Agrocybe. None Active, one is deadly. Throw all of them out.

Peace out,
-Gumby

InvisibleFloydseamus
Fun Guy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Long Island
Re: Need A Opinion on these SHROOMS [Re: Gumby]
    #656711 - 05/31/02 10:10 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Dont know about the red one, but the white/yellow ones look a hell of a lot like amanita muscaria var. formosa..... I'd look into those more.

--------------------

Offlinebluemoon
journeyman

Loc: VA
Re: Need A Opinion on these SHROOMS [Re: shadow_walker]
    #656855 - 06/01/02 03:12 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I believe Gumby Dude has the Russella Emetica right, and the agaric (throw away both). The third I would question as being a variant fly agaric, however, its WAY to close to tell. That also looks identical to a destroying angel. I haven't known those to have warts but I am probably wrong. Cool find, but throw them all out. I'm having the same luck in Virginia, and have found a lot of nice looking mushrooms (and lots of emeticas), but almost none of which I can use for anything other than suicide or a worm infested meal! : ). Good luck! I need some too cause I'm stepping out the door for a quick hunt...

Bluemoon

--------------------
Turn Off FOX.  Bad News for America.

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Need A Opinion on these SHROOMS [Re: Floydseamus]
    #657401 - 06/01/02 10:56 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

SW, the large one looks in the top pic to be more of a palid brown/tan than yellow, is this the case or os it just a trick of the light?

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
Re: Need A Opinion on these SHROOMS [Re: Gumby]
    #659577 - 06/02/02 07:58 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

They look like amanitas but I don't see a ring. The only amanitas without ring are Amanita vaginata (not active, poisonous when raw). Never try to eat an Amanita if you are not 100% sure. Even if your mushroom is a pale variant of muscaria, do not eat it!
The other one could be Russula emetica but the russulas are very hard to identify from pictures, you have to take spore print and compare it to the colour charts. The best rule with russulas is taste - if they are hot (like chillis) than they are not edible or even poisonous. Emetica is very very hot.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies