Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Thursday Morning Ruminations
    #6569993 -

i hate people when they're not polite...psycho killer, qu'est-ce que c'est? - d. byrne

Pleasantries. I'm a fan of pleasantries - I don't see them as fodder that needs cutting through. I relish the thank yous I receive and thoroughly enjoy handing out greetings and my own gratitude.  When someone holds a door for me, I acknowledge the fact. When I walk into places where I work, I say hello to everyone.  And I say goodbye or goodnight when the shift is over.

Because, really, why not?  Here we are, swimming through life with billions of other souls we'll never really get to know. So if the choice is to either walk on in grim silence, eyes straight forward, forging ahead without caring even the slightest ounce for the fact that we are all human....or to seize upon these fleeting moments of connection to imbue them with even slightly more meaning...well, I've made my choice, how about you?

------------------------------------------------------


When I lift the coffee and the bagel out of the brown paper bag, I am elated. It is like Indiana Jones opening the Ark of the Covenant, only without the shining golden light - except, you know, metaphorically.  The skies open up and a chorus of angels sings the praises of caffeine and as I peel back the little mouthpiece tab on the lid, the smell of roasted coffee beans rises up in curlicues of odor that swirl their way to my olfactory and I am that much more awake and content. All hail coffee. :goodmorning:

I love my morning coffee man. He stands outside the college where I work during the day, in a small metal cart, serving coffee, tea, soft drinks, bagels, donuts, newspapers, orange juice, and strangely, Emergen-C.  He's a charming little man, reminds me of Hoggle from David Bowie's Labyrinth.  One day we got to talking about how cold it was and I asked him where he was from.

I felt terrible at the way his body language shifted before he told me that he was from Afghanistan, as if he was prepared for the worst of reactions - which had me thinking he'd gotten bad reactions to that piece of information in the past. What do I care if he's from Afghanistan? I just became exceedingly curious as to what the weather was like over there and was interested to find out that it wasn't much milder than it is here right now.

-----------------------------------------------------

Got bilk?


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thursday Morning Ruminations [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6570002 -

good morning :tongue:


--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thursday Morning Ruminations [Re: Simisu]
    #6570006 -

Hello :grin:


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thursday Morning Ruminations [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6570007 -

Afghanistan?!!!!!! Thanks for the coffee. /runs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thursday Morning Ruminations [Re: Cowgold]
    #6570008 -

Hey, maybe he's got a sweet poppy hookup.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thursday Morning Ruminations [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6570019 -

Good Morning!



:plot:  I need a double shot expresso and some of that good stuff.  You know... You're from Afghanistan right?  Then you know what I'm talkin about.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thursday Morning Ruminations [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6570020 -

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
i hate people when they're not polite...psycho killer, qu'est-ce que c'est? - d. byrne

Pleasantries. I'm a fan of pleasantries - I don't see them as fodder that needs cutting through. I relish the thank yous I receive and thoroughly enjoy handing out greetings and my own gratitude.  When someone holds a door for me, I acknowledge the fact. When I walk into places where I work, I say hello to everyone.  And I say goodbye or goodnight when the shift is over.

Because, really, why not?  Here we are, swimming through life with billions of other souls we'll never really get to know. So if the choice is to either walk on in grim silence, eyes straight forward, forging ahead without caring even the slightest ounce for the fact that we are all human....or to seize upon these fleeting moments of connection to imbue them with even slightly more meaning...well, I've made my choice, how about you?





:thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thursday Morning Ruminations [Re: Cowgold]
    #6570021 -

I haven't done an opiate or a benzo in soooo long, I need to get me some...I have 3 or 4 k-pins sitting in my room from months ago, I might take a couple tonight if I get off work early enough and just chilllllllll.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thursday Morning Ruminations [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6570619 -

Thursday Afternoon Ruminations


Malbecs


Ever since Lucy got back from Argentina all I ever drink, wine-wise, are Malbecs. Malbecs are a type of red wine hailing from Argentina. I'm no wine connoisseur though I know how to browse a winelist. I don't know the keywords. Some wines are fruity, others woody, I've even heard the term "forest-floor scent" and "herbacious" applied to a particular bottle of Sauvignon Semillon, but alas you'll here none of this from my tongue. No, all I'll tell you is that for $9.99 a bottle of Mendoza Malbec is top of the pops, kids. Top. Of. The. Pops.

Falling Ice

Saw a girl get hit in the head with some falling ice on my way into work today. Reminded me of something my sister told me about. She lives in Moscow, in an apartment on the fifth story. The buildings in Moscow have these outcroppings that develop huge, nasty-looking spikey icicles. There is an actual profession that exists during the wintertime in Moscow that consists of burly men climbing out onto ledges with absolutely no protective gear to break these icicles so that they don't fall down and slam their way through somebody's skull. These guys drink on the job, and then walk out on to slippery ice-covered sills and go stalactite-hunting. That takes either balls or stupidity. Probably both.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thursday Morning Ruminations [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6570661 -

I thought this thread would be about you throwing up into your mouth, chewing it again, and then swallowing it.  :strokebeard:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thursday Morning Ruminations [Re: Boom]
    #6570666 -

Nah that's what the Friday Morning Ruination thread is for.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* From Afghanistan with Love: Part IV, Next Stop N. Eastern Congo (Pics) mjshroomer 547 1 12/29/06 06:51 AM
by rod
* NEWS Alert from Afghanistan mjshroomer 533 0 01/19/06 10:43 AM
by mjshroomer
* From Afghanistan with Love: Bomb Blast Yesterday in Kabul mjshroomer 688 3 09/11/06 09:57 PM
by mjshroomer
* My buddy just got back from afghanistan.
( 1 2 3 all )
LuSiD9 4,532 46 01/10/07 11:47 PM
by LuSiD9
* I might be going to Afghanistan...
( 1 2 all )
SneezingPenis 2,516 27 07/28/05 04:53 PM
by BetaDelta
* Afghanistan
( 1 2 all )
CherryBomM 2,485 24 06/25/04 04:40 PM
by synthesis
* I'm NOT going to Afghanistan CherryBomM 788 10 10/29/04 10:57 AM
by Phluck
* Sunday morning
( 1 2 all )
chinacat72 3,912 31 07/12/04 07:05 AM
by Krishna

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
707 topic views. 3 members, 19 guests and 172 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.