Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleLana
Head Banana
Female

Loc: www.MycoSupply.com
The Safety of Our Internet by the US Gov't
    #654156 - 05/30/02 05:09 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Ladies and Gentleman, I would like to bring to you attention a new dawn in our high tech era of super computers and high speed connections.

As of today, May 30th, General John Ashcroft has announced the new set of Federal "Guidlines" that have been placed to take effect imediately.

These guidlines will hinder many "freedoms" we once had.

Please read the bottom links for more information. These links will go into vauge detail on how the FBI will now be able to do the following:

Taken from - ATTORNEY GENERAL'S GUIDELINES: DETECTING AND PREVENTING TERRORISTS ATTACKS

"Enhancing Information Gathering.The new guidelines strengthen the FBI ?s intelligence-gathering capabilities by expressly stating that agents may engage in online research,even when not linked to an individual criminal investigation.They also authorize the FBI to use commercial data mining services to detect and prevent terrorist attacks,independent of particular criminal investigations."

This mean that the FBI will (although the already have been) use information collected by commerical companies. That means your academic records, your medical records, even your "personal credit" records will be available to the FBI if they simply ask for it....no warrant, no reason for an investigation, only becasue they "think" you'll be up to no good.

Read more here - http://www.usdoj.gov/

I'd really like to hear what you have to say about this issue.

Lana

--------------------
Myco Supply - Distributors of Mycological Products
http://www.MycoSupply.com

The Premiere Source for Mushroom Growing Supplies.
Visit us online or call us toll free

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblerepobob
enthusiast
Loc: Illinois
Re: The Safety of Our Internet by the US Gov't [Re: Lana]
    #654275 - 05/30/02 06:08 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Pretty scarry stuff.
I remember when the police need a warrent to search you car, but we gave up that freedom to win the war on drugs. I don't think that war was won, but now my car can be searched. Now we are giving away more freedoms to win another war. Pretty soon we will be out of freedoms, I guess then we will win the war, whatever that may be. I'm getting pretty sick of giving up freedoms, or I should say having them taken away. Land of the Free - right!!!!

Peace,
Bob

--------------------

Invisiblegregre
Re: The Safety of Our Internet by the US Gov't [Re: Lana]
    #654716 - 05/31/02 01:02 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I read the guidlines that you posted. To me that just gives the FBI free reign to do what the fuck they please. This is truly a sad day. From now on I will only be posting things that will constitute none free activities such as, posting pic of my gourmet shrooms.

Another brick has fallen out of the wall of freedom.

In another 20 yrs the next gen will be wondering if they live in freedom or they'll be so myopic they won't know what the true meaning of freedom is.

What happened to the 60's frame of mind?

OfflineMacey Howard
Formally MOE HOWARD
Female

Loc: Georgia
Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: Lana]
    #656042 - 05/31/02 02:24 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------
Hugs and Kisses!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals