Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Oink
    #6510080 -

.

Edited by Remy (01/18/10 09:01 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Oink [Re: Remy]
    #6510084 -

I do, but I'll only give you one if you're willing to keep a good ratio,

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Oink [Re: Redstorm]
    #6510104 -

I'm vaguely familiar with the ratio system, but I am all about fair file sharing - in other words you have my promise

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Oink [Re: Remy]
    #6510108 -

can someone please tell me how to increase your upload ratio..

Do you have upload torrents that aren't on the site or what?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Oink *DELETED* [Re: daytripper05]
    #6510397 -

Post deleted by pB0t

Reason for deletion: .


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Oink [Re: pB0t]
    #6510405 -

Yeah I have only download just a little less than 1g. I don't think I will use the site when I get close to 5g unless I can figure out some torrents to upload.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Oink [Re: daytripper05]
    #6512007 -

anyone with an extra would be super cool if they hooked me up, have a good ratio on demonoid. lukemwski@yahoo.com

http://www.demonoid.com/users/LukeMWSki


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Oink [Re: daytripper05]
    #6512579 -

daytripper05 said:
can someone please tell me how to increase your upload ratio..

Do you have upload torrents that aren't on the site or what?



believe it or not, photoshop stuff, like cs2,cs3,
and photoshop plugins, will usually get the ratios up quick
if you seed 24/7.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Oink [Re: rod]
    #6512601 -

the thing is...

I have a laptop and don't want to leave it running all the time.

I am all about sharing equally but Oink is kinda going over board.

I can't remember who gave me the membership but if I fuck up I would not want them to be punished. it's not their fault. I like the torrents and they are really reliable and fast. but there is are major drawbacks. It honestly makes me question even using the site all together.

i did download the only acoustic solo Jerry Garcia concert though.. Not the best quality but something to add to my archives.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Oink [Re: daytripper05]
    #6512643 -

I hear you man, during the summer months I like to turn my PC,s
off, its hot enough here as it is.

If you go read the rules at Oink, you will see that really the worst thing you can do is to invite someone who was banned before.
If you do get kicked out it really should not hurt the person
who invited you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Oink [Re: daytripper05]
    #6512662 -

You don't even have to seed 1-1. You can get away without being banned with a much lower ratio.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Oink [Re: rod]
    #6512677 -

I read the rules...And by all means I read a lot and a very literate person


But the rules written on Oink are just poorly discribed. The writter just flat out blows. I must have read them 2-3 times and I still don't get the whole ratio thing, not that I am on a quest to find the answer. I see why they need to make such rules because if they didn't implement them the site would be just like any other.

But why do they feel the need to torrent Nazis. For go sakes...They have a rule that avitars can only be stuffed animals or cartoon characters. They specifically said not to make it your favorie band...blah blah blah.

So I used this as my avitar...

Edited by daytripper05 (01/30/07 02:53 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Oink [Re: daytripper05]
    #6512687 -

While there are ridiculous rules (like the avatar), the seeding and ratio rules has created what is undoubtedly the best resource for pirates music that exists on the internet. It's really not that hard to keep a good ratio. I have 100+gb uploaded, a 6 ratio, and I haven't even been a member for 6 months yet. It's all about uploading your own stuff. I've uploaded probably 50+ albums I had on my computer that wasn't on there.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Oink [Re: Redstorm]
    #6512703 -

What if you don't have any albums that aren't there?

Not saying I don't have any but what other ways are there to get a better upload?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Oink [Re: daytripper05]
    #6512704 -

I like those avatars:D
This sticky is pretty good
____________________________________________________
Slow Uploaders Guide to Better Ratios at Any Tracker
Quoted from a Moderator of another tracker

"I have lost count of the number of times that slow or capped upload speeds is given an excuse for dismal ratios that I'm almost tired to reply to the same question again. While we understand the user's frustrations, it is not acceptable as a valid excuse.

Having said all that, I do acknowledge that slow uploads is indeed frustrating to users who just want to download as much as they can while fully intending to return the same back. First of all, that mentality has to be changed. If your upload speeds are capped, You will just have to responsibly change your behaviour in order to match that. Why do I have so much interest in slow uploaders? It is precisely because my own speeds are capped at 16kbps.

So here's a guide with some helpful tips and strategies that is meant specifically for those with heavily unbalanced UL/DL capabilities. I hope you find some of it useful and informative."

The One and Only Slow/Capped Uploader's Guide to Better Ratios v2.0
by kookiatw

Don't stop your seeds!
One of the most counfounding things I've come across as a mod are users who try to shift the blame to their ISPs when a quick check on their profile reveals that they are not seeding at all. Why did you stop your seeds?? You have downloaded 30gb worth of stuff, go seed some of them back for goodness sake.

There is no point in seeding 20 files at the same time
Hey look, you have a limited upload of 128kb/s (ie 128kb/s = 16kB/s). Seeding 20 file at the same time will really just backfire on you.

Firstly, Each TCP connection that you make will add additional overhead to your bandwidth, thus lowering the amount of actual data capacity. What this means is that each torrent will only be effectively seeding data at very low rates.

Secondly, bittorrent clients are designed such that when your peers see that you are sending data so slowly, chances are that client will snub you and prioritise incoming data from OTHER clients ahead of yours so you not only do not fully utilise your bandwidth for purely sending useful data, you are also rejected by your peers

Limit your upload slots per torrent
In certain clients, you can change the max number of upload slots per torrent. Limiting this to a reasonable amount such that each upload slot gets a reasonable amount of bandwidth will help your seeds. The same logic applies as above. Having too many connections or seeding too many torrents at 1 time will be detrimental.

Basically the rule of thumb is to not spread your upload bandwidth too thinly across too many connections. What you want to do instead is to fully utilise your UL pipe for sending pure data.

Strategize what you decide to seed
And in relation to the above 2 tips, now that you have decided to only seed a few files at a time. Which one do you acutally seed? A good rule of thumb is to seed torrent with a low seeder to leecher ratio. Azureus keeps track of this data for you even when your torrents are not seeding so just pick the best torrent to seed and stop the rest.

Another strategy is to frequent the request forum. If you pick upon a request, you not only get to be the first seed, you also get the eternal gratitude of the requestor.

Do you really have to download 50 torrents at the same time?
Look. It really makes no sense to be complaining that you can't help having such a bad ratio. Of course you can't help it. Medical science has no cure for lack of common sense

Cap/Limit your downloads speeds to match your upload speeds.
This advice should be golden to users with a heavily unbalanced DL/UL pipe. It is human nature to  want to grab grab and grab some more as fast as we can. If you have wonderful DL/UL speeds and can make up the deficit within a few days, sure go ahead. If you have a measly 3mbps/16kbps bandwidth, you will rub your hands in glee downloading 30gb worth of Photoshop DVDs within 3 days but spend the next week frantically trying to make up the deficit on a horrible UL capacity only to realise it is impossible and then you get banned. Well instead of complaining that you have slow upload bandwidth, if you cap your download bandwidth to match your upload capacity, you will not have this problem.

I know some that this is a step many of us are reluctant to take but hey if you think about it, it's quite logical after all. A typical lynda.com title averages 18 hours of training time. If you limit yourself to 1 download at a time at capped speeds, by the time you finish watching your first lynda.com title and take a break the rest of the day, your next lynda.com title will be done and ready to be tackled. And this is assuming that you watch all the training videos that you download back to back.

Think about it. How many of us have tons of material sitting in your HDD that remains unwatched or unused just cause you can't afford the time to go through it as yet. Why be in such a quick rush to grab all those GBs that just sit idle and take up space and give you a major ratio headache? Limit your downloads at a time and at CAPPED speeds.

Upload fresh new content
This has got to be the most obvious advice. Do I even need to explain this one?

Frequent the request forum
If you pick upon a request, you not only get to be the first seed, you also get the eternal gratitude of the requestor.

Check your own torrents, by clicking on your username or "my torrents" to see if a leechers are waiting for a seeder or a torrent you have needs more seeders. If there are less than 10 seeders - help!

*** *** *** *** *** ***
Total Share Ratio vs Ratio Per Torrent?
Some users are attempting to get each torrent they seed to a 1:1 ratio for fear their *Overall Share Ratio* will drop if they do not do this.

Users need to be more concerned about their Overall Share Ratio instead of single torrent ratios. Some users are sacrificing great opportunities to seed and increase their share ratio by dividing their bandwidth with torrents that have plenty of seeders.

Lets say you're seeding a 2GB file or a 150 Meg file with 50 leechers and no one has completed leeching to help seed. And that you are seeding three torrents that each *already* have 10 - 50 or more seeders.

There is no reason to  keep seeding the three torrents that already have 10+ seeders. The only thing this does is prevent you from seeding at your optimum rate which prevents you from obtaining the best user Share Ratio you can get because they slow down your total upload rate.

In this case, the additional open torrents also slow down those 60 leechers of the brand new 2GB file or 150 Meg file which only you are seeding and no one else is.

I'm not saying it's not important to seed each torrent to a 1:1 ratio. It's simply better to stop the other three torrents with 10+ seeders to allow maximum bandwidth for your 2GB file or 150 Meg file until you have seeded long enough to have (ideally) nine other helpers.

You can resume seeding the other three torrents to a 1:1 ratio hours or days later when there are less seeders, when newcomer leechers are needing the file and because it is better for your own bandwidth and Overall Share Ratio in the end.

It's a win/win situation for everyone.


*** *** *** *** *** ***
This guide is intended for those who should already have read the main FAQ's and How To's of bittorrenting of the trackers they use. It is also geared specifically for those users with limited bandwidth who are using trackers where ratios are of importance.

What may appear to be extreme for you and your location regarding speeds (fast or slow) may be the norm for others in other locations of the world.

This document was written in direct response to the common problem of users who've already downloaded so much they're having enough problems maintaining a ratio, so leeching more may not be the best choice if they're about to be banned automatically by a tracker.

The point of the guide is specifically intended for users who which to improve their share ratios. There are plenty of guides on bittorrenting, just thought this may help some specific users because it provides insight not commonly addressed in most FAQs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Oink [Re: daytripper05]
    #6512715 -

daytripper05 said:
What if you don't have any albums that aren't there?

Not saying I don't have any but what other ways are there to get a better upload?



Larger libraries that have cd collections will often have lots of classical or even mainstream music that Oink doesn't have.

Shit, you don't even have to upload anything to keep a good ratio. Once you download something, just keep seeding it indefinitely. The music is already on your hard drive, so you might as well seed it. Pretty much everything I have downloaded from there has about a 5-1 uploaded to downloaded ratio.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Oink [Re: rod]
    #6512725 -

good info...I just don't know I am a good "pirate" or not.


wasting my time to upload some torrents...

usually when I download a torrent I am uploading some info to other people why I am downloading. I will usually leave it open over night or all day.

Why doesn't Oink allow users to upload while you are download automatically....

Either I am severly confused about how bittorrent works (not just Oink site but in general), or Oink is a pain the ass.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Oink [Re: daytripper05]
    #6512730 -

Quote:
Why doesn't Oink allow users to upload while you are download automatically....



It does as long as someone is trying to download the portion of the file you have already downloaded while you are downloading the rest.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Oink [Re: Redstorm]
    #6512755 -

I see...

So if i just leave the torrents I download open, people can upload portions from me? and by doing so will this increase my ratio?

What about that long ass number they give you that is unique and can identify you and what now... How does that play out?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Oink [Re: daytripper05]
    #6512780 -

Yeah, if you leave the torrent client open after you download the files (as long as you don't move where the file is stored) you can seed as long as you please. If you do move the files, as long as you don't alter the files as all you can redownload the tiny torrent file and repoint it to where you moved the file to.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* COME GET EM, OPP (Oinks Pink Palace) INVITES :)
( 1 2 all )
randomdude123456 4,808 27 12/11/06 09:50 PM
by randomdude123456
* oink ratio nightkrawler 584 7 07/19/07 02:08 PM
by nightkrawler
* Demonoid compared to OiNK Cracka_X 1,035 9 07/09/07 08:01 PM
by Gr8fulJ420
* Flaunt your ratio from any torrent tracker here (OiNK,Demonoid,etc...)
( 1 2 3 all )
VoidOfsPg 5,763 45 09/29/07 04:31 PM
by Individual
* oink is kinda unfair KingOftheThing 777 10 04/20/06 10:16 AM
by TheDudeAbides
* oink invite Vvellum 936 8 11/23/05 07:24 PM
by Deadmaker
* Having trouble with oink! A0999 621 14 10/19/07 10:16 AM
by A0999
* oink invites supercollider 695 9 05/17/06 10:16 AM
by absolute zero

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,270 topic views. 4 members, 34 guests and 251 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.