Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

Loc: WA
Drawing Tablets, need help/advice
    #6459538 - 01/14/07 05:58 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I am looking to get a dependable Drawing Tablet.

I am looking for one around 6x8 or a little bigger. I was looking at the Wacom 6x11 tablet for 349$, it's specifically designed for widescreen monitors which is what i have.

so basically, i am just looking for some information one what to look for in a tablet and what to avoid.

thanks

--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineplexus
holding thelight of athousand candles

Loc: texas
Re: Drawing Tablets, need help/advice [Re: Syle]
    #6459581 - 01/14/07 06:10 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

youre pretty much getting a good product with a wacom. id say dont get anything else. any cheaper brand, and you wont get the same quality of response and pressure sensitivity. any more expensive of a brand, you wont be able to tell a difference for the price. i have an intuos2, 6X8. and believe me... you really dont need any bigger. its a load more money, and really doesnt help you at all in the long run, since most of the time while working on the tablet, youre gonna be zoomed in, working, scratching at a 2X2 inch area. if you get what i mean. 6X11 sounds good cause it works with your widescreen moniter, though if you went for the 6X8, im sure the difference wouldnt be enough for you to really notice enough to regret your purchase at all.

as far as price go, my suggestion would be to check pricewatch.com

--------------------
that there, thats not me. :noway:
i go where i please. :yesnod:
im not here.:shake:
this isnt happening.:nonono:

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

Re: Drawing Tablets, need help/advice [Re: plexus]
    #6459586 - 01/14/07 06:12 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

right on, thanks a ton for the quick reply.

--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

#6459617 - 01/14/07 06:18 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

i think that i could utilize the extra space on the 6x11 and the price difference between that and the 6x8 is hardly that much so...

where should i order from? i ran into some trouble last time i tried to order a digital camera and got my credit card fucked. so i need a reliable place to buy a tablet from.

--------------------

Offlineplexus

#6459695 - 01/14/07 06:31 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

im not sure on that part.
when i got mine, it was through pricewatch.com. which is a site that basically lets tons of internet stores post their inventory and their deals, where priceline sorts it by lowest price, so that you get the best deal everytime. i bought all the parts to my computer and my wacom from different stores on pricewatch, none of which i had any problems with.

--------------------

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

Re: Drawing Tablets, need help/advice [Re: plexus]
    #6459707 - 01/14/07 06:33 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

okey doke, thanks plexus.

--------------------

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

#6459739 - 01/14/07 06:39 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

woot just ordered one! i am so excited for all the possibilities this will open up for me!

what graphics programs besides PS do you recommend for this? it comes with a DVD software package, so I can see what is on there too.

--------------------

Offlineplexus

#6459841 - 01/14/07 07:05 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Corel Painter 9. its the best software for making texture and style into your digital drawings/paintings. its a lot like photoshop, it just has an emphasis on emulating paints and different artistic medium. it can really help add a lot of depth to your work.

and as a bit of advise for you getting into tablet work, its very different than working with pencil and regular medium. itll feel very wierd at first. especially if youre trying to make a straight line... haha... but just keep messing with it a LOT... i mean even (and especially) when you get tired of it. keep at it and at it, and itll become more and more familiar to you. to a point where when you go back to drawing with a pencil, that will feel wierd to you. dont work too hard on refining your work at first. just go through a lot of drawings. my teacher once told me that you have to make 1,000 shitty drawings before you can make one decent drawing. and thats true. just keep scratching away, make a lot of sketches and work on coloring them in sloppily... not too detailed and not too focused. work on getting the color and lighting to work together as a whole and from a distance before you work on how to refine the drawing into a finished product. itll come a lot quicker and more naturally than if you try to get a drawing and make a masterpiece from it the first time you use the tablet. and most of all, have fun. smoke a giant doobie and put on headphones with some dark side of the moon and draw and doodle for 3 hours.

--------------------

OfflineMeat_hod
sick shit
Male

#6459972 - 01/14/07 07:33 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

i also have the intuos 2 6x8, and it's perfect. For anyone else reading this, do NOT go smaller that 6x8, nor should you go larger, like plexus already pointed out. I've tried the graphire series, and they are OK, they feel much cheaper though. I chew on my tablet pen a lot, and over the years is has lost 50% of it's size, and no longer has an outer shell, just the inner chip, and wires... and it still works! it's honestly amazing what this thing survived...

also, i regard my tablet as probably one of the best purchases ever.

"smoke a giant doobie and put on headphones with some dark side of the moon and draw and doodle for 3 hours." Amen!

--------------------

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
Re: Drawing Tablets, need help/advice [Re: Meat_hod]
    #6464632 - 01/16/07 01:27 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I also have the Intuos 6x8, but the first line.
I use it on a 17" iMac dual core. It's the perfect size, with great response.
I'd love to see how the Intuos 2 upgrades the product.

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale