Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: USA West Coast Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
eBay bought StubHub for $310 million dollars
    #6451468 -

Stubhub

Stubhub founder says, "I would argue that the true fans are the ones who are willing to pay the most for the tickets."

How do you guys all feel about this issue of ticket scalping anyhow?


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: eBay bought StubHub for $310 million dollars [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6451570 -

i dont know anything about stubhub.. but i dont see whats wrong with the general practice of scalping tickets.. ive sold some that way, and ive bought some that way.


--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: eBay bought StubHub for $310 million dollars [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6452376 -

I have no problem at all with Stubhub. It's basic supply & demand economics at its best. All they've done is provide the outlet for people to trade, kind of like eBay.

I go to a lot of events on short notice, or just one game out of a season ticket, and it's a whole lot easier to buy a ticket in advance on Stubhub than to find someone selling extra tickets at the door.

Maybe it's just because I live in California, but most on-site scalping at games seems to be done by a bunch of black guys, with the head guy being the fattest and wearing the loudest yellow shirt. (I have nothing at all against black people, it's just the most reliable way to find tickets at a baseball game in Cali.)

I honestly don't know if I've paid more using Stubhub than I would have in the parking lot, but I do know I've had a much better selection of seats to choose from and I can use my credit card instead of walking around with a pocket full of cash.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: eBay bought StubHub for $310 million dollars [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6456761 -

screw stubhub and razorgator and all of the other online ticket scalpers


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: USA West Coast Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Mavs vs. Heat
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Banez 8,057 117 06/23/06 08:22 PM
by Basilides
* Shroomery Fantasy Baseball - Preseason Trash-Talking and Trades
( 1 2 3 4 ... 30 31 )
OneMoreRobot3021 31,369 607 09/21/06 05:46 PM
by Cowgold
* with the 1st pick in the NFL Draft... Banez 2,352 15 04/28/06 08:14 PM
by Pat Bateman, VP
* getting baseball tickets KillerPicklez 1,513 17 04/21/08 05:31 PM
by KillerPicklez
* NBA 2015 Offseason & Summer League
( 1 2 3 4 ... 155 156 )
kr0nik0 112,823 3,114 10/27/15 11:14 PM
by zorbman
* Opening Day Tickets
( 1 2 all )
Penguarky Tunguin 2,418 25 10/06/13 10:57 AM
by Enjoywho
* The NBA
( 1 2 3 4 ... 127 128 )
Vernus 74,224 2,549 08/29/13 04:53 PM
by Oil Field Trash
* All NFL games sold out for sixth straight week WhiskeyClone 945 2 10/15/06 10:12 AM
by WhiskeyClone

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, 13shrooms
556 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 28 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.