Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Cakes in your martha
    #6443990 -

I have a question I didn't find on the board after a few searches. I have a clear storage container that I soaked perlite in, drained and placed on the bottom. I then topped with thin layer of dry perlite. I cut a slot in the top and placed a piece of plexiglass over the opening, and sealed both sides with duct tape. I have a fully colonized brown rice flour cake B+ strain on a mason jar lid in the middle of the box.

Now I have a Marthas closet that I have a few casing mixes in, and I just put the box in there because I have a light on top of the closet and to conserve space. Inside of my Martha the humidity is "hi", meaning because my hydrometer dont read over 90% and justs says "hi" if is is above that, and the temp is between 74-76f. The hydrometer in the FC box is 86%, and temp 75-78f. I dont know why I cannot get the humidity above 90%. I was wondering if I took my BRF cake out of the FC box, and placed it on the rack of my martha would it work? Now my Martha has a cool mist AND ultrasonic humidier attached to it. Cool mist 24/7, and ultra sonic 1 hour on, 2 hours off timer. Will the mist from the ultrasonic be damaging to the cake from moisture buildup? I am sorry for such a long post, but I wanted to put all of my information in so I didnt have to repost it when asked what I had/was using.



Side note, I read the rye casing tek and it was a coir/verm casing mix with top and bottom layers. Just today I read that coir is not a good casing layer item. Is that solo, or even blended with verm. I assume I should not try to change my casing, whats done is done, so I next time do diffrent. I read Miracle Grow moisture control just pasturized works. Thanks for your infinite knowledge and help!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cakes in your martha [Re: MiSTRFiNGA]
    #6444104 -

i imagine a cake should work in there, all it needs is high humidity and fresh air. ive never done it though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cakes in your martha [Re: guitarman]
    #6444152 -

Cakes need 99% rh to fruit.  If you can maintain 99% rh in your greenhouse, as many people do, I'm sure you can fruit a PF cake.

You should really just break it up and case it though :wink:.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cakes in your martha [Re: etam]
    #6444155 -

lol cakes in a martha

peace out


--------------------
"Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand says: don't you see? Gotta make it some how, on the dreams you still believe, Don't give it up, you've got an empty cup, only love can fill, only love can fill" < Grateful Dead!

The bus came by and I got on, and thats when it all began


GROWLIGHT KIT, 250w HPS Digital ballast, + Enhanced Spectrum bulb and Reflector Sale Or Trade!
     

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cakes in your martha [Re: dutchmushroom]
    #6444898 -

First of all, get the dry perlite off the top of the damp perlite in your tub. The dry perlite only serves to lower humidity while you're trying to raise it. Second, unless you built your martha to hold 95% or greater humidity, it isn't suitable for cakes. You'll want to get an analog hygrometer. Most digital hygrometers won't read above 90%.
RR


--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms



semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cakes in your martha [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6445755 -

think of how many pf tek jars you would have to prep to fill even a 36" martha lol


--------------------
----------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Does anyone out there use a ultrasonic humidifier? MycoFunGuy 3,371 7 09/11/02 12:10 AM
by DreaMaTrix
* a very idiot question for cake growers fugu 1,128 16 02/08/03 03:07 PM
by debianlinux
* Pics* What's Happening With My Firends Cakes magicman14222 1,308 5 07/01/02 07:14 AM
by magicman14222
* help with ultrasonic humidifier and new idea i thi fielddiver 1,163 1 11/12/02 04:03 AM
by rhizo
* coolmist/ultrasonic humdifier enough?
( 1 2 all )
cdlove69 5,860 21 09/17/05 10:02 PM
by NeedSomeMagic
* PF-TEK cakes: aborts and slow pins. valour 6,596 9 03/21/03 11:14 AM
by valour
* Re: Ultrasonic humidifier? rebelmoon 1,291 3 04/05/00 06:11 PM
by Butt
* Flipping BRF cake upside down to avoid mushroom/perlite contact? locospacebean 1,161 14 03/12/18 07:26 PM
by nconn32986

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,985 topic views. 15 members, 54 guests and 227 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.