Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinefielddiver
shydiver onshrooms
Loc: north alabama
help with ultrasonic humidifier and new idea i thi
    #1045364 - 11/12/02 02:34 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

ok instead of useing coke bottles i used on of those 5 gallon watter jugs that you find in a office.the one the vendors refill and a gallon milk jug.my q is im useing a watter hose to connect the jugs together so the piece of watter hose that goes in to the terriu should i be seeing very much humidity coming out of the hose or just slightly.well in other words should i have to look closely to see it or should i be able to stand back and see it.      also i had i idea  the 5 gallon watter jug is about a foot higher than the humidifier so it goes from the humidifier to the 5 gallon jug then to the gallon milk jug and them the terr.i was thinking about putting a hole in the bottom of the 5 gallon jug where the watter collects and running a hose from it and putting a hole into the humidifier tank and let the watter run back into it.what do u people think ????????? :wink:

--------------------
their can only be one so death is fine so give me mine (beer and cheerios the breakfest of champions!!!!!!!!!)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinerhizo
herb eater

Loc: Asia
Re: help with ultrasonic humidifier and new idea i [Re: fielddiver]
    #1045574 - 11/12/02 06:03 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I can't take credit for this idea. I think I read it in one of Hippie's posts on the mycotopia forums. He suggested putting duct tape over the outlet and then poking holes to limit output. I believe he called it "hillbilly engineering". Anyway, I briefly tested an adaptation of this with my ultrasonic(I use perlite but run the ultrasonic to fog them while I have the top open, ambient rh is super low here). I duct taped the outlet and poked a small hole and then interfaced the ultrasonic to the fruiting chamber via aquarium air line tubing. I think what is important is the number of suspended water particles in the air, as long as they're not forming puddles on the cakes you're ok. I've used ultrasonics twice in the past with only a timer and was successful. I decided on perlite(using ultrasonic only for supplementation) because if the humidifier fails you're screwed.

--------------------
An optimist is never pleasantly surprised.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation