Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineHityedye
AlbinoRhinoPaleAle
 User Gallery
Loc: Pacific Northwest
High Sierra Music Festival
    #6403577 - 12/27/06 10:08 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

can anyone tell me about there experience here. I want to know if it is worth the trip, i don't know the 2007 line up, but either way.........

--------------------
were all on drugs, all of the time. Those not getting this simple fact are sorely unaware of, not only the essential mechanisims of organic motion and their relations to psycopharmacology, but the wisperings of their own existence.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGreat Scott
Trigger Lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: Control Grid
Re: High Sierra Music Festival [Re: Hityedye]
    #6403635 - 12/27/06 10:28 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

I did 2005 with one of my good friends.
It was a bitchin' festival for sure.
Very well run, organized and managed.
The artists are absolutely killer.  There is basically music happening 18+ hours a day.
The late nights are fucking crazy.  You have to purchase latenite tickets sepparately from the primary festival pass, but thats alright.
Great family vibe.  There was a pretty minimal amount of sketchiness.  Lots of older heads holding it down.  :heart:  :smirk:
We camped on hillside, in the car camping area, by the trees.  Our neighbors were great.  We set up a communal kitchen area and lounge spot under the shade canopy.
Plenty of beer.  They DO allow glass bottles within most areas of the fairgrounds.  And as a couple of young 20 somethings, we really appreciate that aspect.
We were tripping balls through most of the prime time hours, and we found the fest and the overall space to be very tripper friendly.  :thumbup:
The Plumas County Sheriffs dept. has jurisdiction on the fairgrounds and they  have a tendency to get a little bit militant and obtrustive.
Stay out of their way, and you'll have a good time.  Quincy had a town meeting in which representatives of high sierra complained about heavy handed police presence/tactics.  The sheriff released a letter claiming that they would tone it down in the future.  We'll see.  :smirk:
Anyway... I'm kinda drunk and just rambling.  If you think of any specific questions, feel free to message me.
I am planning to make it down there this year too, pending on the line-up and personal financial circumstances.
And I see that you are from the PNW as well, maybe we can collaborate and make travel arrangements when the time comes.
Here's to a good summer.  :thumbup:  :tongue2:

Peace

--------------------
:thumbup: :thumbdown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1