Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleOsker246
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Phoenix Festival in the PNW!!
    #4159736 - 05/11/05 12:06 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I Copy & Pasted from another site. Thought I would be kind and post it for folks interested over here. Ill be goin to this festival for sure.

PHOENIX FESTIVAL 2005 -- WAKING THE DRAGON
July 21st to July 25th
Klickitat County, Washington
www.phoenixfest.com

Phoenix Festival is an annual autonomous music and arts festival which takes place in late July in the scenic Pacific Northwest, USA.

5 years ago some madcap fellows with a vision came together to throw one of the largest outdoor underground electronic music festivals in the northwest. Over the years they braved rutted cattle-fields in minivans, zany Baptists, weeks of dust, strained relationships, extreme sleep-deprivation, crucifixion, and various digestive ills due to an overabundance of Red Bull.

From their brilliance, their dedication, and their suffering was born the Phoenix Festival: three nights and three days of local and international music talent, visual and performance art, and collective creation.

What made the Phoenix Festival so special, and so rewarding for its weary progenitors, was the community that came together in those three days to connect, celebrate, and create.

This year we hope to simultaneously expand our horizons and take things back to the glory of our roots. We want to encourage more art of every kind, and create a comfortable environment for collaboration, communication, and freedom of expression, additionally we are showcasing several international psytrance acts as well as incorporating headliners from other genres who enjoy a strong following in our EDM communities. On top of all of this, will spend more time highlighting the community stages and themecamps and in a wonderfully devious turn of events we have attracted the attention of a large underground circus troupe who will be setting up camp at the fest. All in all there is a lot in store as we embark on our most diverse and exciting year ever!

Festival Passes are good for the entire weekend. Camping and parking are free.

Here is a list of some of the performers playing on various stages at the festival this year, keep checking back for further updates and more stage details:

EAT STATIC (Mesmobeat/TipWorld/Solstice) UK
www.eatstatic.co.uk

Eat Static are Merv Pepler and Joie Hinton, the duo launched Eat Static in 1990 and toured in parallel with the Ozric Tentacles for several years. In 1994, they left the band to pursue Eat Static full-time.

Eat Static's dubby Trance stylings attach aquatic textures and deep space effects to hand-crafted beats. Weightless Ambient backdrops seal off these mind-expanding soundscapes with a mark of tripped-out bliss.

Although most often associated with the psychedelic trance genre, the band actually span almost all forms of dance music, including trance, techno, gabber, drum and bass, and breakbeat. As such they are well-compared to other hard-to-categorise children of the British elctronic music scene, like The Prodigy, Underworld, Orbital and Leftfield.The electronic elements are frequently mixed with elements of Latin and world music, jazz, absurdist masturbatory soloing, and so on, which helps to give the band's work its distinctively tongue-in-cheek humour, along with the often kitsch vocal samples from B-Movies and TV.

COSMOSIS (Holophonic) UK

Cosmosis (aka: Mumbo-Jumbo, Laughing Buddah). Some of you may remember his performance at the first Phoenix Festival in 2000 where he killed it with a 3 hour live PA and 3 hour DJ set on the final night.

He is one of the original artists that, along with Total Eclipse, Hallucinogen, Man With No Name and Astral Projection, pioneered the Goa and Psy-trance sound in the early nineties, releasing one of the first Psy-Trance artist albums, Cosmology, in 1996 which is generally regarded as one of the classic Goa albums.

999 EYES ov Endless Dream
CARNVIAL SIDESHOW ov thee DAMNED
(PDX, SEA, Austin, New Orleans, Oakland)

A traveling cirkus and sideshow featuring members of Samantha X's Museum Ov Monstrosities, KatabatiK Metacommunications Platform, Societas Insomnia, Big Bang Cirkus, PAN Butoh, Sour Mash Hug Band, International Maggot Theater, Summon Creature Theater, Firerotica, P.U.R.E. hook suspension troupe, and many more!

Using music, puppets, story telling as well as classic carnival sideshow acts and performance to create a world that taps into profound emotion, reminding the AUDIENCE of the actualization of the living dream & at the same time, giving the human curiosities of the modern age a venue to be appreciated once again.

Additional Performances By:

IN A DEBUT US APPEARANCE: ECT (Phantasm / Psychic Deli / Sphere / Apoxina) UK
Nick Taylor (Edgecore) Australia
MUBALI (Trishula Records, Germany / M.o.E., SF)
psytrip (PsyBooty/Feel Free, LA)
PROPHEI(Psionic Recordings / n3, LA)
AtoMikDoG v.S. novaTRON (369rekchordz, SEA)
Gradual Meltdown (PDX)
Solovox (PDX)
Try My Cabbage (PDX)
pr0teus (SunDance Records, SEA)
etienne (P.D.R.O.A, SF/PDX)
CELIUM (Bodhi 13:20, trufflerecords, SD)(PDX)
FREAKS OF NATURE (PDX)
MANDII (PDX)

WITH MANY, MANY MORE TO COME!!

We are still finalizing confirmations so stay tuned for more information on performers, the various stages, fire performances and all sorts of other bits & pieces!

Tickets:
We are selling special limited addition passes to the first 250 people who purchase tickets (or up until April 30th, whichever comes first). These special passes are made of metal and have the Phoenix Logo on them. They make great family heirlooms, get yours while you can! For more ticket information go to: www.phoenixfest.com/tickets.html

Stages:
This year we will be several thematic stages featuring local, national, and international talent. The stages will be comprised of various crews from the NW working in conjunction with the Phoenix Festival crew.

We are still in the process of finalizing details with the county,& the fire permits but from the looks of things the festival will once again be in Klickitat County.

Volunteers:
As always we are on the lookout for folks to help with the festival, if you are interested in volunteering, be sure to check out our volunteer page (www.phoenixfest.com/volunteer.html). Remember it's through the participation of folks like you that makes the festival the northwest's largest cooperative arts and music event in the Northwest!

Marketplace:
Last year the marketplace was jam-packed with a large number of booths featuring all sorts of interesting items. This year we expect the marketplace to be even larger. If you are interested in being part of the marketplace check out our marketplace page: www.phoenixfest.com/marketplace.html

Art:
We are always interested in increasing the amount of art at the festival, if you'd like to work on a project, there will be plenty of room to do so. If you have any special needs from us, be sure to get in touch by mailing us at: art@phoenixfest.com

Camps:
What would the festival be without camping? Coming across diverse and creative themecamps around every bend is part of what makes the festival so intriguing. If you would like to put together a themecamp we do not require you to register with us, but if you do, we will list your camp on our website. Check out the themecamp webpage for more information:
www.phoenixfest.com/themereg.html.

General Info:
About the festival: www.phoenixfest.com/about.html
Festival Essentials: www.phoenixfest.com/essentials.html
Festival Passes: www.phoenixfest.com/tickets.html

Also if you have questions for us, direct them here: info@phoenixfest.com

See you there!

Edited by Osker246 (05/11/05 12:22 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibledjfrog
omgws!!!1!

Re: Phoenix Festival in the PNW!! [Re: Osker246]
    #4159885 - 05/11/05 12:45 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

mmm smelly hippies

InvisibleOsker246
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Phoenix Festival in the PNW!! [Re: djfrog]
    #4160236 - 05/11/05 01:54 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

djfrog said:
mmm smelly hippies

ahhhh yes...its gonna be great!

Invisibledjfrog
omgws!!!1!

Re: Phoenix Festival in the PNW!! [Re: Osker246]
    #4160698 - 05/11/05 05:10 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

can I get a ride? :smile: from seattle?

Some of my friends are probably going.  I'd like to, haven't made the plans yet though.

InvisibleOsker246
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Phoenix Festival in the PNW!! [Re: djfrog]
    #4160929 - 05/11/05 09:46 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I'll see what I can do man. I'm still trying to organize everything myself and seeing which of my friends want to go. Im not even too sure how were gonna get there yet. But I will totaly keep you in mind. How many of your friends are planning on going?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub