Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Cool places to live were one can use a bike
    #6398227 -

I need to know of a cool place to live culture wise(good music, young people ect.) that has good public transport affordable rent/rooms. I am really sick of this town and FL in general. I swear there is like 1 cop for every ten citizens. I got pulled over in marathon key tuesday night in a speed trap and was arrested for my second dui charge I blew one cunt hair over a .07 like .071. I maybe loosing my license for five years if convicted of this charge and will likely never feel like driving again in my life after that I recognize now that I have a problem with drinking and have stopped using all substances as of two days ago. I'll give soberness more time but I feel I may have an underlying mental condition that I have been self-medicating with substances.

Perhaps depression, bi-polar, social anxiety not shure what Im going to go see a therapist on thursday maybe I will find something out. Whats your guys/girls opinions on SSRI's? Anyone on them ever been on them. I keep having recurring negative thoughts and my day to day life on a whim never thinking or caring about the future. Either way I know its it was irresponsible for me to be out on the road after drinking so please leave out the hate posts Im trying to seek help for my addictions and trying to live the clean life. Anyone have any advice for me? Also whats a nice Beach Cruiser or Bike for traveling around semi-long distances on?


--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cool places to live were one can use a bike [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #6398228 -

Nj has a hardcore bike sence...They bikers are such a tight group of ppl that help out each other with alot of stuff...Well that is what i saw when i was in Nj...

Edited by TwoGuys (12/22/06 09:58 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cool places to live were one can use a bike [Re: TwoGuys]
    #6398247 -

Where in particular in NJ?


--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cool places to live were one can use a bike [Re: TwoGuys]
    #6398251 -

Amsterdam is known as the city of bicycles...



--------------------
_______________________________________________________________
namaste said:
no flamz in da ODD, if you got nothing to contribute then keep yo lips zipped
_________________________________________________________________

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cool places to live were one can use a bike [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #6398267 -

Philly is good. Great electronic music scene,DNB,Jungle,good hip hop ect if your into that.Cheap, and close to NYC.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cool places to live were one can use a bike [Re: Noviseer]
    #6398269 -

I don't think I could become a citizen there and work would probably be hard to find. I didn't really have squating in mind. Ive been in the AC trade for about a year and a half and school before that also have experience in the resteraunt/hospitality trade aswell.


--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cool places to live were one can use a bike [Re: buckwheat]
    #6398277 -

philly is a really nice town I was just there not to long ago. Problem is it gets pretty chilly up there this time of the year heh. I really do think moving out of the house and getting my own independance would be the best thing for me right now at this point in my life. I will be 23 in may and have really learned no responsibility what so ever living at home. Pathetic really.


--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cool places to live were one can use a bike [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #6398311 -

Ouch. If I was still living at home at 23 I think it'd be the last year of my life.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cool places to live were one can use a bike [Re: DNKYD]
    #6398383 -

thing is its free and its not cheap to afford rent around here in comparison to the pay scale. Even after getting out of trade school making 12 bucks an hour doing hvac work could definately not pay all the bills in S. FL you pretty much have to have a car ad that to gas/insurance/rent utilities, I don't even know if I could afford top ramen after that? Not trying to make excuses for myself or that I even need to just stating the facts in a place like a chill city I could get around and enjoy myself and afford the cost of living because I would have half the bills to pay.


--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cool places to live were one can use a bike [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #6398421 -

Portland, Oregon would be alright to use a bike.
Eugene, Oregon Is MADE for bicycles(provided you don't get run over by a drunken motor-vehicle driver).  The bike path in Eugene is based(themed) on a scale model of our solar system.

If you were looking for a complete change of pace Dubai-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dubai

Is a bicycle friendly city(not the weather during the day though).
Think of Dubai as the Middle East Manhattan, only hotter and 
cooler :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cool places to live were one can use a bike [Re: California]
    #6398865 -

I second the Portland suggestion. In the downtown area, public transportation is FREE. Yes, you heard me right. It's also considered one of the most bicycle-friendly cities in the US.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cool places to live were one can use a bike [Re: Silversoul]
    #6398936 -

big no no in NJ...cops here are everywhereeeee well unless you live like in SOUTH jersey or the north tip of it.The rest  SUCKS...but matawan cops are cool  :evil: they let me slide after finding two roachies and a baggie in my car.


--------------------

Edited by Liquid_Dimension (12/23/06 09:37 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cool places to live were one can use a bike [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #6399048 -

i would 3rd the oregon idea, portland and eugene are a couple of the coolest places i've ever been. having just moved from missoula, mt, i would highly recommend that too, as it is a very liberal place and there are just as many bikes on the road as cars. bike paths go all over town, and the music scene is great. it's a little oasis of coolness. but it sounds like you may be averted to cold weather, so the pnw might suit you better. it still gets more chilly than fla, but not as bad as the rockies.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cool places to live were one can use a bike [Re: Hendostan]
    #6399242 -

Yeah I am seriously considering the Portland Eugene options guys. Ive been doing some looking on craigslist and it seems Eugene is more of a college town. I may even consider going to school/working pt time somewhere there. Sounds like theres lots of culture(music) and cool people thats what Im most interested in. I just gota get out of this place.


--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cool places to live were one can use a bike [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #6399528 -

Eugene is a college town, and it has a decent music scene and plenty of cool people.
It's also more flat and even terrain compared to Ptown.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cool places to live were one can use a bike [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #6399897 -

Minneapolis used to have a program where the city would have stalls with free bikes sitting around the city for anybody to use for no charge. I don't know if they do that anymore but the town has cool culture, cheap rent and is bike friedly. Winter is a different story but the bus system is adequete to get around wherever you need if you can handle the snow.


Portland is cool too for bikes


--------------------
"And we, inhabitants of the great coral of the Cosmos, believe the atom (which still we cannot see) to be full matter, whereas, it too, like everything else, is but an embroidery of voids in the Void, and we give the name of being, dense and even eternal, to that dance of inconsistencies, that infinite extension that is identified with absolute Nothingness and that spins from its own non-being the illusion of everything."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cool places to live were one can use a bike [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #6400164 -

i spent the summer in hawaii... they have a get the community active program i got a bike for $5 and learned how to fix everything on it... i road my bike or took the bus everywhere. local music scene was hit or miss but full of great kids


--------------------
98% confabulation

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cool places to live were one can use a bike [Re: plumeria]
    #6400821 -

I'm from Miami so I know what kinda things might be annoying you about south florida, Boulder is a big bicycle city, and has awesome, well just about anything.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cool places to live were one can use a bike [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #6400897 -

San Francisco
Amherst Mass
Pittsburgh
Austin Texas
Santa Fe


--------------------
:hst:
Society in every form is a blessing,
but government at its best is but a necessary evil
 
- Thomas Paine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cool places to live were one can use a bike [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #6400952 -

chicago is one of the most bike-friendly cities in the nation. Flat streets with plenty of bike lanes and a large percentage of no-car citizens. Public transportation is plenty. You do not need an automobile in Chicago - in fact, to own on is usually a burden.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Myyco.com Shop: Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* cool places to live?
( 1 2 all )
iglou 4,244 30 07/18/03 03:04 PM
by PDU
* Cool place to chill (pics included) DannyT 1,801 11 04/16/04 01:06 AM
by Golgi
* Shroomery: What a cool place jong21 794 5 11/21/03 07:27 AM
by kaiowas
* Night Bike rides DannyT 1,283 12 07/09/06 01:31 AM
by Hyper_Panda_GO
* A Cool Movie! PapaverS 715 2 08/04/03 12:57 PM
by Young_but_cool
* Buying a new bicycle! HeLp Delyrium 965 15 04/20/04 08:49 PM
by Ripple
* riding my bike through town
( 1 2 all )
EthanEdwards 3,046 21 08/20/03 07:16 AM
by TheHobbit
* bicycle wreck question_for_joo 875 9 06/16/04 09:52 AM
by Corporal Kielbasa

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,002 topic views. 4 members, 9 guests and 126 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.