Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Shpongle is THE BEST
    #6379084 -

Last night I smoked some mad herb (it must have been indica, I got some serious "couchlock" and I didn't want to do anything; didn't like that so much, I prefer sativa). Sitting at my computer alone in the middle of night, I threw on "Are You Shpongled?" and listened through headphones.

I was absolutely annihilated.

The detail, the sounds, the little nuances everywhere, that I completely failed to realize sober were overwhelming. The entire album felt like it was growing, breathing, reproducing; it was a living creature experienced through sound.

I've listened to Shpongle and other music before when stoned, and I always said that it wasn't THAT different (compared to on mushrooms, when it's just entirely different no matter what), but when I put on the headphones, it definitely sounded like what it would if I had done mush.

I don't think there is any other music like this. It is incredible what Simon Posford and Raja Ram have done. There is NO better tripping music than Shpongle.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shpongle is THE BEST [Re: Mosis]
    #6379354 -

Yeah man, Shpongle is good, but Boards of Canada rock as well, I love just sitting down when im tripping, throwing on some big headphones, and listening to Boards of Canada.


--------------------
My apartment in New York was on Perry Street, a five minute walk from the White Horse. I often drank there, but I was never accepted because I wore a tie. The real people wanted no part of me.
- The Rum Diary

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shpongle is THE BEST [Re: TuneInTurnOn]
    #6379384 -

double post

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shpongle is THE BEST [Re: TuneInTurnOn]
    #6379385 -

yes, shpongle is awesome.

while no one can beat shpongle in quality of experience, the trippiest music ive ever heard is Capsula.

i would attach an mp3 to this post for you to compare, but the desired song by Capsula is way too large!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shpongle is THE BEST [Re: Mosis]
    #6379407 -

Posford is the man. At Symbiosis this year he did a Hallucinogen set at 5:00am and I was so spun out I was still shpongled when he did a Shpongle set at 2:00 that afternoon. Blew my mind! That Hallucinogen set was one of the best sets i've ever seen.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shpongle is THE BEST [Re: Mosis]
    #6379424 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shpongle is THE BEST [Re: CptnGarden]
    #6379544 -

Im gunna see shpongle and hallucinogen on new years eve. If anyone lives near philadelphia dont miss this, i think theres still a few tickets left.



"New Years 06/07 will take place at the Tweeter Center in Camden, NJ, just minutes outside of downtown Philadelphia. This amazing party will feature an outdoor heated tent, dubbed the Twisted Tent, with sets by Twisted Records UK artists Hallucinogen (aka Simon Posford), Younger Brother, and Prometheus until 5 AM!!

Indoors at the Tweeter will feature an opening set from our very good friend and long time co-conspirator, Keller Williams, as well as a full Shpongle set (Twisted UK aka Simon Posford) sandwiched between the Biscuits' sets!!! As a special treat, The Disco Biscuits New Years Sets
will be presented in Quadraphonic Sound!!! As well, there will be a special DJ set in the Studio Club by ?uestlove of the legendary Roots crew!"


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shpongle is THE BEST [Re: Mosis]
    #6380002 -

Olivia Tremor Control is my band of choice for tripping. kind of like the Beatles but more druggy and interesting. Dusk at Cubist Castle is the greatest album of the 90s.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shpongle is THE BEST [Re: Limerick]
    #6380091 -

i couldn't get into Shpongle, i tried.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shpongle is THE BEST [Re: ArcofaJourney]
    #6380434 -

ArcofaJourney said:
i couldn't get into Shpongle, i tried.



I don't think they're that great. i'd take Boards of Canada, Aphex Twin, and Orbital over Shpongle anyday.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shpongle is THE BEST [Re: john706]
    #6380466 -

I'd be there, but I have to work @ 6 AM on New Years day. :frown: :thumbdown:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shpongle is THE BEST [Re: Dark_Star]
    #6380596 -

Shpongle + psychedelics = heaven

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shpongle is THE BEST [Re: TuneInTurnOn]
    #6380723 -

shpongle is excellent, but fuck headphones; they made it seem like the music is coming from inside your brain!


--------------------
"A friend of mine was famous for holding his hits until his face swelled up and turned bright red. The veins in his neck and forehead would bulge and he'd get bug-eyed. He'd start sweating. Then he'd belch the hit out violently, along with plenty of spit, and gasp for air." ~UBAKO

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shpongle is THE BEST [Re: Limerick]
    #6380819 -

Limerick said:
ArcofaJourney said:
i couldn't get into Shpongle, i tried.



I don't think they're that great. i'd take Boards of Canada, Aphex Twin, and Orbital over Shpongle anyday.



You dont have to think they are "that great". Even if you knew the first thing about music.

Those bands you just compared them to are totally different than shpongle.
Im glad you have an opinion, but do realize that "great" means different things to different people.
Really, you are going to compare shpongle to aphex twin? Thats like comparing the dead to shpongle, or miles davis to shpongle.

Shpongle is only heard the right way by some people. I know how I was the first time I heard a love supreme, or kind of blue. I didnt hear it, I honestly didnt get it. Once I became a pretty serious musician it was like magic. Talking without words.
It really is true that some peoples listening abilities dont meet the band even half way. Those who cant hear a band for what they are worth dont bother me much, but it sure does say something about how they see music.

Its like incubis, I dont listen to them, never will, but I can hear them and I respect what they do. I wouldnt compare them to any other band that isnt one bit similare. I wouldnt compare them to portishead though they have almost as many members and use the same instruments.


Shpongle is a very unique electronic band. They cater to everone from jazz fans, to those who like almost violent electronic music.

I can get into skinny puppy, but some of my favorite bands/artists are grant green, medeski martin and wood, herbie hancock, phish, radiohead, the dead, tribal tech(the jazz fusion band not the all-electronic one), mahavishnu orchestra, allan holdsworth, shakti, ravi shankar, and shpongle etc etc.

Im not about to compare any of them or say any respectable band "isnt that great" in comparison to those favorites.

When lets say, comparing brian eno to shpongle you are just waisting your time.

I guess I just saying that if you dont like shpongle and compare them to any other band out there, you kinda missed the point.

When comparing phish to art pepper, I could say, "I think phish is not that great". What would be the point though. I wouldnt say that because I can "hear them" both.

Shpongle probably is an aquired taste. Lets try to stay away from basically saying that they are just some "other band" when they really are so much more.

Then again, all musicians hear the brash luke warm comments from some people who think they are critics in some way, although they know nothing about music.

I guess Im saying there are only so many ways to listen "kind of blue" that would make you love it to death. Same goes for shpongle and all their albums.


--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Edited by yageman (12/17/06 08:10 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shpongle is THE BEST [Re: yageman]
    #7260780 -

Kind of Blue is kind of fucking amazing, and i love it. yageman i love your musical taste as well as all of your posts, i respect you greatly. Medeski is awesome i've been a fan of theirs for years and i cant fucking wait to see them at moe.down. which i have tickets for (:) it makes me smile fuck me for bragging ha) yea and mahavisnu orchestra is really excellent i hope more people get into them over the years

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shpongle is THE BEST [Re: opensaysme]
    #7260785 -

oh yea and i forgot to post abnout the main topic lol yea im fucked up. shpongle is great i just downloaded tales of the inexpressible and its aweeeeeeeeeesome. love it and shpongle. great band im gonna ty and sneak a cig downstairs whilst hammered peace

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shpongle is THE BEST [Re: opensaysme]
    #7260806 -

Shpongle IS the best, I agree.


--------------------
''Nothing lasts but nothing is lost''

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shpongle is THE BEST [Re: papixx]
    #7260905 -

There really good at times, but there not my 'every day music'

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shpongle is THE BEST [Re: implee]
    #7263081 -

I love Shpongle. I only have Tales Of The Inexpressible but I absolutely love it. Sober, high, stoned, ripped, or tripping, Shpongle makes great music. My favorite song is "Once Upon The Sea Of Blissful Awareness".

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shpongle is THE BEST [Re: Boots]
    #7263138 -

I'd just like to say that I also enjoy Shpongle very much, I like any of Posford's work. The Hallucinogen project was also great as well. Although, I'm not as into Raja Ram's work(i.e. Infinity project) but he brought that chill-out ambient atmosphere to Posford's style, and he is half of Shpongle so  :thumbup:

Edited by mo0nlite_sonata (08/05/07 05:41 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Shpongle NYC 4-20!
( 1 2 all )
Senortrippington 4,056 23 04/21/12 07:17 PM
by Senortrippington
* 2012 Shpongle tour dates announced -
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Magic_Beans 6,218 71 04/19/12 01:32 AM
by Monjiller
* Shpongle and at least 4mg 25i, 100mg MDMA, 200+mg MXE Demonic_Chronic 1,224 6 09/24/12 06:14 PM
by 2c-gLee
* Just got back from a Shpongle show
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
Cactilove 10,455 132 11/01/12 08:40 PM
by Cactilove
* Favorite Shpongle Album?
( 1 2 all )
Forest23 2,619 21 10/30/15 10:15 PM
by LogicaL Chaos
* mind lost at phutureprimitive Magic flowers 761 10 07/15/13 02:32 PM
by Magic flowers
* Shpongle numnum59 185 7 11/16/16 04:01 PM
by Trypto-Fan
* And what does ‘shpongle’ mean?
( 1 2 all )
DJ Ed 2,184 29 10/02/21 09:34 AM
by candyman345

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, Asante, Rose, mushboy, LogicaL Chaos, Northerner, bodhisatta
9,509 topic views. 0 members, 14 guests and 96 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 18 queries.