Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSenortrippington
Bootleg lean consumer

Shpongle NYC 4-20!
    #16088903 - 04/14/12 11:28 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Ok so I know there's definitely some people going on here who, like myself, are going to shpongle on 420 in NYC ... Let's hear it!

What are your plans for the show and what might you be taking?

Also... I know there's been shows going on before this feel free to comment.

--------------------
Yandyclip

:mushroom2::grin::mushroom2::kingcrankey::awedance::pokerawe::foreveralone::goodluckwiththat:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBassfreak
ManBearPig
Male User Gallery

Re: Shpongle NYC 4-20! [Re: Senortrippington]
    #16088911 - 04/14/12 11:32 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

idk if ill ever go to a shpongle show because i saw Live shpongle at camp bisco last summer and no DJ set will ever top what i saw in upstate NY that day, shit was INSANE

i do however really want to see Phutureprimitive, never seen him and i def wouldnt mind it at all

--------------------
Tom Brady is a God

Free Tom Brady

OfflineBest
Fishbulb
 User Gallery

Loc: Summer of Love
Re: Shpongle NYC 4-20! [Re: Bassfreak]
    #16089269 - 04/14/12 01:26 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I seen the Shpongle show in Pittsburgh totally sober, it was pretty sweet. I may have been one of the 10% of people there not on drugs haha. Can't wait until Simon hits the All Good stage this year because it's going to be a massive throwdown.

Phutureprimitive was awesome too. Note that if you buy a Phutureprimitive shirt at the show they run small as fuck lol, I got a large and it's smaller than like every medium shirt I own.

I also was told to bring my DSLR camera back to my car at the door, damn you Simon!

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
Re: Shpongle NYC 4-20! [Re: Senortrippington]
    #16089282 - 04/14/12 01:31 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I may be going.  Probably be the oldest geezer there.  Waiting to hear from one of my employees (she's cool).  If she'll accompany me, I'll be going.  If not, then not.  Can't see going by myself.  :shrug:

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

OfflineBest
Fishbulb
 User Gallery

Loc: Summer of Love
Re: Shpongle NYC 4-20! [Re: Nature Boy]
    #16089318 - 04/14/12 01:41 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I went to the Pittsburgh show by myself because my friend who said he was definitely going backed out at the last minute, already had my ticket and next day off work. First show I ever went to alone actually and I had a great time. Everyone was dancing around so I went ahead and joined in!

Was definitely hesitant to go alone but was glad I did. Better than sitting around and I was itching to see the new Shpongletron live.

OfflineDesykaLamgeene
Stranger
Re: Shpongle NYC 4-20! [Re: Nature Boy]
    #16089341 - 04/14/12 01:48 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah I totally suggest still going even if you go alone. I'm going to two shows in May - one so I can go with my friends, and one so I can go alone. I enjoy solo adventures like that.

And Bassfreak - I bet the live show was amazing, but would you seriously turn down a regular Shpongle show just because you've seen the live show? That seems weird to me. The regular shows are epic as fuck regardless of how good the live show was.

That's like turning down the option to have a good day just because you had a SUPER good day last week.

Offlinephaded
Wu Li

Re: Shpongle NYC 4-20! [Re: DesykaLamgeene]
    #16089402 - 04/14/12 02:11 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I just saw him in Chattanooga and it was nuts! Shpongletron v2 is fucking gnarly and so fun to look at. You're gonna have a killer time.

OfflineThe_Aviator
High Flyer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gamehendge
Re: Shpongle NYC 4-20! [Re: Best]
    #16089804 - 04/14/12 04:37 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I am going to Shpongle on 4/20! I have never been to NYC before but I'm catching a bus there from central PA. I plan on taking 25i because I have so much of it and no acid connection. I can't wait, Phutureprimitive, EOTO, and Shpongle.

Quote:

Best said:
I seen the Shpongle show in Pittsburgh totally sober, it was pretty sweet. I may have been one of the 10% of people there not on drugs haha. Can't wait until Simon hits the All Good stage this year because it's going to be a massive throwdown.

Phutureprimitive was awesome too. Note that if you buy a Phutureprimitive shirt at the show they run small as fuck lol, I got a large and it's smaller than like every medium shirt I own.

I also was told to bring my DSLR camera back to my car at the door, damn you Simon!

That is funny, I went to last years Shpongle show in Pittsburgh sober. Actually I took mushrooms at the beginning but they completely wore off by the end of the openers. I still had a great time as well though.

--------------------

Sartre on conciousness: "a being such that in its being, its being is in question in so far as this being implies a being other than itself."
Being and Nothingness
Easy no-nausea hbwr tek
Phish videos and discussion!

OfflineBassfreak
ManBearPig
Male User Gallery

#16092761 - 04/15/12 09:04 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

DesykaLamgeene said:

And Bassfreak - I bet the live show was amazing, but would you seriously turn down a regular Shpongle show just because you've seen the live show? That seems weird to me. The regular shows are epic as fuck regardless of how good the live show was.

why would i spend money on sumthing that ive already seen that isnt going to be nearly as good as when i already saw it?

no DJ set will top what ive already seen and why would i wanna taint that? im gonna leave it the way it is cuz no shpongle set i will ever see will top what i saw at bisco last summer

plus shpongle is way better in a festival setting, there you can do what you want...i would never smoke deemsters in a club

--------------------
Tom Brady is a God

Free Tom Brady

OfflineDesykaLamgeene
Stranger
    #16092869 - 04/15/12 09:34 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

lol Man I can't imagine seeing things like that.

Why would it have to taint the other experience? Can't it just be its own separate experience?

I've seen Shpongle both at an indoor venue and at Electric Forest festival. They were completely different experiences and amazing in their own ways.

I really encourage you to at least give it a shot man. Don't judge a book by its cover or you may miss out on some really amazing things in life just because of preconceived notions. That's no fun. :wink:

And it's only $25, $30 with fees. lol Ok I'm done! I just can't believe it! Haha

InvisibleTilzungulous
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Shpongle NYC 4-20! [Re: The_Aviator]
    #16093135 - 04/15/12 10:40 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

OfflineBassfreak
ManBearPig
Male User Gallery

#16093163 - 04/15/12 10:48 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

DesykaLamgeene said:
lol Man I can't imagine seeing things like that.

Why would it have to taint the other experience? Can't it just be its own separate experience?

I've seen Shpongle both at an indoor venue and at Electric Forest festival. They were completely different experiences and amazing in their own ways.

I really encourage you to at least give it a shot man. Don't judge a book by its cover or you may miss out on some really amazing things in life just because of preconceived notions. That's no fun. :wink:

And it's only $25, $30 with fees. lol Ok I'm done! I just can't believe it! Haha

its because you havent seen Live shpongle, and u werent there for that set....honestly i bet a LOT of people who saw what i did would call that one of their favorite sets EVER, it was that crazy...between the rain and lightning and the whole shpongle band for the first time im the US and the vibe in the crowd it was fucking amazing...no DJ set in some club is gonna even compare to that

and what are u talking about? preconceived notions? what preconceived notions?

its just pointless to see a shpongle DJ set after u have seen them live and seen the absolute best they have to offer...id rather watch simon play as Hallucinogen if hes just gonna be the only one up on stage

--------------------
Tom Brady is a God

Free Tom Brady

OfflineDesykaLamgeene
Stranger
    #16093375 - 04/15/12 12:18 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

lol No dude I understand that the live show had to be out of this world. I'd probably choose a live Sphongle show over any other arist/show out there.

I just don't see how it's pointless to see a regular DJ set just because you've seen the live show; that's all. Like I said - would you turn down having a good day just because you've had a SUPER good day before? It's the same principle in my mind. You're passing something amazing up just because you've seen something 'more amazing' before.

Just sayin' man, it'd still be sick as fuck. I think Simon and his music create a heightened sensory experience wherever the show may be, and regardless of whether it's live or not so I'd hate to miss any show I could feasibly go to. That's why I'm so like whaaaa? :P

By preconceived notions I was referring to your preconceived notion that a DJ set wouldn't be good enough to be worth you paying the $30ish for a ticket and going.

I didn't mean to start a debate or anything, I was just like "Really?!?" Haha That's your own personal choice n I respect that. :smile:

:peace:
:heart:

OfflineBassfreak
ManBearPig
Male User Gallery

#16095551 - 04/15/12 10:47 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

cuz a DJ set will be boring

--------------------
Tom Brady is a God

Free Tom Brady

OfflineThe_Aviator
High Flyer
Male User Gallery

#16095713 - 04/15/12 11:34 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Bassfreak said:

You can't be serious. Posford is a genius and he is always putting forward new material while making the old exciting. This show next friday is going to be great, I can't wait.

--------------------

Sartre on conciousness: "a being such that in its being, its being is in question in so far as this being implies a being other than itself."
Being and Nothingness
Easy no-nausea hbwr tek

OfflineDesykaLamgeene
Stranger
    #16096827 - 04/16/12 09:22 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

lol Ok.

OfflineBassfreak
ManBearPig
Male User Gallery

#16097049 - 04/16/12 10:42 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

The_Aviator said:
Quote:

Bassfreak said:

You can't be serious. Posford is a genius and he is always putting forward new material while making the old exciting. This show next friday is going to be great, I can't wait.

yeah you are right, posford is a genuis

but as shpongle he is representing a whole band, for a shpongle DJ set all he does is press play, he doesnt mix shit....he basically puts in a CD and presses play, actually thats exactly what he does...he plays shpongles music, hes not up there remixng anything bc he is reperesenting the whole band, he goes up there and smokes his cigarettes for a couple hours and thats about it...thats why he has been touring with the shpiongletron and now the masquerade...to make the shows more bearable since musically he doing doing nothing special at all, soi they made it cool visually

thats why i said id rather see a hallucinogen set than a shpongle DJ set, cuz a shpongle DJ set is not one bit impressive and a Hallucinogen set def would be and would be more than him just pressing play

fuck shpongle DJ sets, i wish he would jsut ay fuck that and do the same exact tour but just as Hallucinogen...Hallucinogen and Phutureprimitive would be a really fucking legit show and id def go to it

--------------------
Tom Brady is a God

Free Tom Brady

OfflineDesykaLamgeene
Stranger
    #16097651 - 04/16/12 01:40 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Have you ever been to a regular Shpongle show?

Btw Shpongle isn't really a band. It's just Simon and Raj who make all the music digitally (cept for Raj's flute), and for the live shows he hired people who could play the instruments necessary to turn it into a live show. The live shows are kind of an 'extra' deal...Simon doesn't represent a whole band. The live shows just represent somethin extra that Simon decided to put together as an addition to the 'regular' Shpongle experience.

But anyways, I don't go to a Shpongle show to watch Simon do the mixing (or press play, or whatever he does). If I went to a live show, yeah, it'd be cool to see everyone playing the music - it'd be epic for sure. But getting shpongled doesn't require a live band. It only requires a venue, music, and Shpongle fans - then you all just get down and have a good time. To me it's not about Simon or how the music is being produced - it's about the experience that you get to create while there.

I think it's all a moot point tho, cause I think the issue here lies in how much you like Shpongle. If not so much, then I could see how you may think it'd be boring. But for those who are fascinated and deeply inspired by Shpongle, band or no band - it doesn't matter.

It's the union with fellow humans in bliss. Band is completely optional in the recipe for that.

Edited by DesykaLamgeene (04/16/12 01:59 PM)

OfflineThe_Aviator
High Flyer
Male User Gallery

#16098176 - 04/16/12 04:07 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

DesykaLamgeene said:

Btw Shpongle isn't really a band. It's just Simon and Raj who make all the music digitally (cept for Raj's flute), and for the live shows he hired people who could play the instruments necessary to turn it into a live show. The live shows are kind of an 'extra' deal...Simon doesn't represent a whole band. The live shows just represent somethin extra that Simon decided to put together as an addition to the 'regular' Shpongle experience.

But anyways, I don't go to a Shpongle show to watch Simon do the mixing (or press play, or whatever he does). If I went to a live show, yeah, it'd be cool to see everyone playing the music - it'd be epic for sure. But getting shpongled doesn't require a live band. It only requires a venue, music, and Shpongle fans - then you all just get down and have a good time. To me it's not about Simon or how the music is being produced - it's about the experience that you get to create while there.

I think it's all a moot point tho, cause I think the issue here lies in how much you like Shpongle. If not so much, then I could see how you may think it'd be boring. But for those who are fascinated and deeply inspired by Shpongle, band or no band - it doesn't matter.

It's the union with fellow humans in bliss. Band is completely optional in the recipe for that.

Well said. It is all about the music and the Shpongle experience. And the Shpongle experience is genuinely portrayed in Posford's dj sets. And by the way, he certainly doesn't just "press play." I have been to one of Posford's shpongle sets before so I would know better than Bassfreak. And there are Youtube videos that clearly show this.

If these shows weren't innovative, exciting, and wonderful then Simon wouldn't be doing them. Simple as that.

--------------------

Being and Nothingness
Easy no-nausea hbwr tek

OfflineBassfreak
ManBearPig
Male User Gallery

#16098365 - 04/16/12 04:48 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

The_Aviator said:
Quote:

DesykaLamgeene said:

Well said. It is all about the music and the Shpongle experience. And the Shpongle experience is genuinely portrayed in Posford's dj sets. And by the way, he certainly doesn't just "press play." I have been to one of Posford's shpongle sets before so I would know better than Bassfreak. And there are Youtube videos that clearly show this.

If these shows weren't innovative, exciting, and wonderful then Simon wouldn't be doing them. Simple as that.

he 100% just presses play

ive seen a DJ set as well like 2 years ago...what is there to fucking mix? its all prerecorded...posford as shpongle is not DJing, hes essentially a producer just pressing play

hes is a good DJ, but he doesnt DJ as shpongle, he just presses play, might twist a couple knobs here or there but he most certainly doesnt do a lot up there

there is nothing special about a shpongle DJ set other than the visual presentation he tours with

Hallucinogen > shpongle DJ set

--------------------
Tom Brady is a God

Free Tom Brady

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder