Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Meditation
    #6378653 -

I need to get myself out of this depression I'm in. My depression stems from overthinking reality, and all the things in it. I'm thinking about meditation for calming my nerves and helping my relax my anxious mind. But I don't know how or where to start. Help!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Meditation [Re: MrBuzin]
    #6378666 -

Quote:
Was wondering if anyone knows? I'm buying some adderall from my neighbor and was wanting to know if smoking it is possible.



doens't sound like a good combination...

maybe don't get the adderall and just meditate.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Meditation [Re: MrBuzin]
    #6378777 -

I find its best to meditate outside, but when it gets really cold in the autumn/winter, you can't. you need to feel comfortable. I can't really do it in my room because my house is a bunch of paper thin walls and I need to put earplugs in. it doesn't work well. but if you find a day where its warm and pleasant, go out in your backyard get a chair and close your eyes get all the thoughts and worries out and shoot them away for 30 minutes. and another great thing about meditating outside is that when you open your eyes, everything seems much more brighter. it's a nice sight = )

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Meditation [Re: MrBuzin]
    #6378849 -

Syk0s3s said:
I need to get myself out of this depression I'm in. My depression stems from overthinking reality, and all the things in it. I'm thinking about meditation for calming my nerves and helping my relax my anxious mind.  But I don't know how or where to start. Help!



one starts right where one ends, here and now.

if you are thinking about meditating, then sit down now and meditate.

it is really as simple as it sounds. :wink:

accept your current state of mind, let your mind go, don't resist, but allow it to circle around all it wants; this is the key for through this acceptance, your mind will dissolve on its own.

pay attention to your continuous stream of thoughts but don't try to change or direct the flow.

just be, let your thoughts be, let the anxiety be, let your depression be, let your nerves be.

this will give you an idea of meditating. :mushroom2:

:earth: :yinyang: :shineon:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Meditation [Re: AlteredAgain]
    #6379261 -

do you not intervene if you notice a pattern that is not conducive to your well being, letting it exhaust itself?


--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Meditation [Re: AlteredAgain]
    #6379388 -

Quote:
accept your current state of mind, let your mind go, don't resist, but allow it to circle around all it wants; this is the key for through this acceptance, your mind will dissolve on its own.



:thumbup:

Well said!


--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Meditation [Re: leery11]
    #6379399 -

I wouldn't. Intervening would itself be a reaction from your mind. Still trying to change things and mold reality to fit an ideal... a self-centered ideal. What "I" want. But the fact of the matter is there is no "I". There never has been. So reacting only reinforces the hallucination of the self.

Better just to watch the mind do what it does, not judging. Be completely mindful and aware of what goes on in the mind, not reacting, not doing anything, just being aware.


--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Meditation [Re: leery11]
    #6380406 -

what dblaney said,

and if there are any incompatible programs or energy draining patterns present within the structure of the ego, then meditation can really help to rewire them into healthy ways afterwards.

however during 'just being' i would not recommend to try to change any parts of the psyche as this would only be counterproductive to the process of meditating and 'losing the mind' itself.

let it all exhaust itself. get to the core. :mushroom2:

:earth: :yinyang: :shineon:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Art of Living : Vipassana Meditation bfeverish 1,527 3 03/03/19 03:47 AM
by danish322
* How I changed my life thru meditation......."My Path" niteowl 3,458 15 05/11/09 10:55 PM
by Epigallo
* Meditation, a lil advice please beltane 633 2 05/24/06 12:45 AM
by niteowl
* My Meditation niteowl 1,079 4 05/18/06 12:56 PM
by niteowl
* Meditation books? Mickalopagus 1,184 11 06/30/06 03:33 PM
by fairyt
* Starting meditation Grovesk8ter 1,797 10 01/16/05 06:14 AM
by Sinbad
* Meditation and stress relieving for mental health sdkrdk 1,431 10 05/20/06 10:30 PM
by sdkrdk
* Meditation and self help barfightlard 1,248 10 07/29/06 03:52 PM
by Fractalated

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
855 topic views. 0 members, 3 guests and 4 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 15 queries.