Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleqbert
Cosmic Cutie
contam or???
    #623892 - 05/01/02 08:50 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

sorry guys, no pic right now but any help is appreciated. I can upload a pic later if need be, i just havent xfered the pics from the camera yet...

I have an EQ jar that is 100% colonized, has been for weeks. I havent birthed it because i thought it was contaminated.
I have had MANY contaminated jars but have never seen this. I have what appeared at first to be just an spot of substrate about 1/2" that wouldnt colonize, then around the outside of the spot got a "wall" of beige/mushroomy coloured stuff, it didnt look wet or slimy, and it was thickish. it looked like a crater so i isolated this jar ( i actually meant to toss it but didnt get around to it)

So, now its a couple of weeks later and i stumbled across this jar. For the most part the "crater" has filled in with bright white mycellium with a wee bit of vermiculite showing. the weird thing is the outside of the crater looks like someone traced around it with blue ink.

The rest of the jar is PERFECT: bright, white, thick. I dont know what the jar smells like.

Any ideas? I still intend to toss this jar, im just curious if anyone has experienced this or knows what it is...

--------------------
Support the FSRCanada

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineStainBlue
Da Man
 User Gallery

Re: contam or??? [Re: qbert]
    #628591 - 05/13/02 02:53 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Without a pic its hard to say. I could be wrong on this but maybe the mycelium stopped there because of bacteria or a developing fungus. And the blue ring might be the mycelium fighting off the other growth since the psilly stuff is the fungi's way of defense. The mycelium may have just isolated a weaker competing contam. If it grows over fairly well with what looks like mycelium I would birth it away from other cakes and see what happens from there. Try it out. If its a contam then the cake is pretty much worthless now anyway so trying to birth it and produce some pins or something you really won't have anything to lose. Best of luck to ya!

Peace,
StainBlue

--------------------
Peace,
StainBlue

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies