Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Random line break problem
    #6190766 -

I just made two replies in the hunting forum. Both replies had line breaks at weird spots - as if I had hit the enter/return key, but I didn't. I had to edit it for it to get back on the same
line...

I saw it in a bunch of replies too, these for example..

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6190679#Post6190679

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6190748#Post6190748

I don't think I'm just imagining it.. I've seen it all over the board.. random line breaks right in mid-sentence. Happened to my own posts too.


--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Random line break problem [Re: eris]
    #6190774 -

See, it did it again.. on its own.

Quote:
edit it for it to get back on the same
line...




I did not hit return before "line..." :wtf:

I hope I explained this good enough. Is it just me??

A look at the source shows
Code:
I had to edit it for it to get back on the same<br />line...<br />



--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Random line break problem [Re: eris]
    #6190861 -

I've been getting thaqt all day too.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Random line break problem [Re: eris]
    #6190932 -

Same problem here.

Using firefox on a normal winXP system.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Random line break problem [Re: Annom]
    #6190940 -

Well my system is totally different, so I'd guess that it is a global problem within the forum software somehow.. it seems to be inserting line breaks in there which everyone sees.


--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Random line break problem [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6191075 -

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
I've been getting thaqt all day too.




--------------------
buh

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Random line break problem [Re: shirley knott]
    #6191084 -

that*


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Random line break problem [Re: eris]
    #6191281 -

I noticed that on two of my replies earlier. Both times I had a smiley at the end of the last line.


--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Random line break problem [Re: eris]
    #6191284 -

I was just about to start a thread in this forum on the same topic.

I noticed the line break problem while reading a post and when I responded the same thing happened to my own post.


--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Random line break problem [Re: zorbman]
    #6191524 -

yup same thing
here.
this is very

annoying.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Random line break problem [Re: Vvellum]
    #6191699 -

bi0 said:
yup same thing
here.
this is very

annoying.



It's like hiccups!:crankey:


--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Random line break problem [Re: eris]
    #6191764 -

This is part of a feature Anno's working on... I've fixed (disabled) it for now, I'm sure he'll be able to sort it out.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* BB upgrade problems, questions? Post here.
( 1 2 3 4 all )
ThorA 12,154 69 01/22/03 12:34 PM
by goldtop
* Database connection problems mm. 1,428 3 07/16/01 07:42 PM
by mm.
* Shroomery problem or my problem? 3eyedgod 1,250 2 12/11/02 11:36 AM
by 3DSHROOM
* Re: The Bottom Line Anonymous 2,445 17 03/10/98 06:38 PM
by Anonymous
* Random Forum! GringoLoco 1,973 6 02/26/02 12:45 AM
by Ulysees
* "Breaks" in page viewing? oscill8 1,014 1 09/17/01 08:49 PM
by 3DSHROOM
* Many problems ChubbSubb 2,056 15 09/24/02 03:44 PM
by TheShroomHermit
* New Ratings - I just noticed a problem
( 1 2 3 all )
Strumpling 7,304 45 08/08/03 11:17 AM
by Papaver

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Ythan, Thor, Seuss, geokills
977 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 0 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.