Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Independent hip hop
    #6144578 -

Anyone here into independent hip hop? I haven't been into it for very long but lately I have been listening to Immortal Technique and Jedi Mind Tricks quite a bit. It is refreshing to hear hip hop lyrics containing a message other than "chase money and fuck ho's." Any suggestions for others that are worth listening to?


--------------------
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cause I'm the only motherfucker that can change my life

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Independent hip hop [Re: PowerTrip]
    #6145144 -

alias, doseone, sole, slug..

or you can listen to them all together in deep puddle dynamics.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Independent hip hop [Re: m1ndriot]
    #6145267 -

I just saw Subtle last week. It was a good show, too bad the recording I got wasn't as good. I like Mr. Lif, Vast Air, Blueprint, and Rob Sonic.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Independent hip hop [Re: gema]
    #6145446 -

Del the Funkee Homosapien!!! My personal favorite

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Independent hip hop [Re: musicturkey]
    #6158890 -

Gift of Gab is pretty fucking amazing. The Album Fourth dimensional rockets has this song called the ride of your life. The vocal control is superb and the content itelligent, and mena not just a bucng of bif words that rhyme. Also at the end is this little vocal motif, superb vocal harmonies.

five thumbs up from me.


--------------------
Asshole

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Jewunit's beginners guide to hip-hop
( 1 2 3 all )
jewunit 7,515 45 03/30/08 12:35 PM
by VisualLearner
* i need to make a playlist of trippy hip hop
( 1 2 3 all )
iloveboomers 9,466 50 10/21/15 05:41 PM
by Bud Fuggins
* Short little hip-hop beat I wrote. Toddo 1,038 9 05/13/08 02:35 AM
by truekimbo2
* The Hip-Hop Album Thread
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
skunkape 30,576 122 04/20/09 01:48 PM
by promoking
* HIP HOP? journeyman1 1,777 12 12/11/08 05:19 PM
by eazzy ee
* what qualifies hip-hop as 'underground'?
( 1 2 all )
Zekebomb 3,408 21 02/02/05 08:08 PM
by delta9
* Alternative UK Hip Hop - Have a listen... nickspurs 1,295 11 02/23/06 03:52 PM
by nickspurs
* McDonalds: Hungry for hip-hop
( 1 2 3 all )
SuperMario 5,139 45 04/07/05 08:13 AM
by looner2

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
646 topic views. 0 members, 10 guests and 1 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.