Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
this movie looks BADASS
    #6144194 -

based on the comic book by sin city creator frank miller, "the 300". the comic is based on actual historical events. 300 spartans fighting off 1 million persians at thermopylae. one of the greatest military feats ever. check out the trailers

trailer 1:
http://www.gerardbutler.net/300/300_promo_trailer.htm

trailer 2:
http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/300/trailer1/large.html

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: this movie looks BADASS [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #6144204 -

I have heard this before, I alsways wondered, is there solid historical evidence of them really killing/overcoming one million people?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: this movie looks BADASS [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #6144207 -

That looks fucking great!


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: this movie looks BADASS [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #6144216 -

agreed


--------------------
:prawn::baggy::zilla:
Please help support cover-upz blog
http://cover-upz.blogspot.com/
Please PM me if you can help build cover upz blog.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: this movie looks BADASS [Re: domite]
    #6144218 -

they didnt kill all one million..they did slaughter sooooo many persians it fucked with the minds of the whole persian army. thus making it easy for the greeks to kill them.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Thermopylae

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: this movie looks BADASS [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6144234 -

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
That looks fucking great!



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: this movie looks BADASS [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #6144314 -

"There are two schools of thought about the size of the Persian army. The critical school assumes that the figures given in ancient texts are exaggerations on the part of the victors, and a critical analysis of the resources available to the armies of the ancient era. According to this school of thought, the Persian force was between 60,000 and 120,000 combatants, plus a collection of non-combatants (especially large because of the presence of the Persian king and high-ranking nobility). More recent scholarship of this school generally accepts these numbers, agreeing that the Persian force had an upper limit of around 250,000 total land forces. The main reason most often given for these values is cited as a lack of water; Sir Frederick Maurice [6], a British general in World War I, was among the first to claim that the army could not have surpassed 175,000 due to lack of water. This school of thought is predominant today among Western scholars of the Greco-Persian wars."


That's how I learned it, not really a million or more, but you never know. Movie does look badass though.


--------------------
LNC's official Alaskan stoner
:jackdaniels::drooling::jackdaniels:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: this movie looks BADASS [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #6144328 -

cant wait to see it


--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: this movie looks BADASS [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #6144488 -

Looks like a real good movie.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: this movie looks BADASS [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #6144582 -

KingOftheThing said:
they didnt kill all one million..they did slaughter sooooo many persians it fucked with the minds of the whole persian army. thus making it easy for the greeks to kill them.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Thermopylae



unfortunately in the real history there were in fact 300 spartans and about 7000
soldiers from other states defending Thermopylae, seems the movie may be slightly skewed

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: this movie looks BADASS [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #6144903 -

*700 other troops, not 7,000...the entire greek force was only 5200 men. 300 spartans and 700 others killed between 20,000 and 50,000 persians. that is fucking unbelievable

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: this movie looks BADASS [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #6144923 -

300 Spartans
700 Thespians
6,000 other Greek allies 2

I mentioned other states, I'm sure a bit of reading can yeild higher results

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: this movie looks BADASS [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #6144952 -

Punxsauce.


--------------------
Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?
No, says the man in Washington; it belongs to the poor.
No, says the man in the Vatican; it belongs to God.
No, says the man in Moscow; it belongs to everyone.

I rejected those answers. Instead, I chose something
different. I chose the impossible. I chose...
Rapture.
-  Andrew Ryan

Formula: 0

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: this movie looks BADASS [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #6144956 -

i see the size of the entire greek force may have been 7000. however, if you read about the actual battle, only 300 spartans and 700 thespians stayed to defend the pass. which is where the story comes from. the remaining troops combined with a larger force to later defeat the persians all together.
"With the rest of the army dismissed, King Leonidas stayed behind with his bodyguard of 300 Spartans and the 700 man Thespian army even though they knew it meant their deaths, to allow the rest of the army to escape."
the final denfense is where all the legends arise from

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: this movie looks BADASS [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #6144971 -

I thought you didnt believe in fairy tales

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: this movie looks BADASS [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #6144989 -

Ìïëþí ËáâÝ

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: this movie looks BADASS [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #6144998 -

Me no puedo see it.  porque?

llet me try uno mas time.

Alright i saw the 2nd trailer mis amigos puerqos, this looks like its gonna be the best movie of the...year?...decade?? well, somewhere in between sounds just.

Anybody planning on seeing it while tripping??

I might just do that. I'll see it sober first though then make up my mind.
Correction: I'll see it high off them purps :bongload:


--------------------
Everybody HA HA!

Edited by knowhereman (10/07/06 10:33 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: this movie looks BADASS [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #6145010 -

seems the spartans had a naval fleet and 30k men to boot

http://www.pbs.org/empires/thegreeks/keyevents/480a_c.html

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: this movie looks BADASS [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #6145021 -

IMAX homie!!! I M A X


--------------------
Everybody HA HA!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: this movie looks BADASS [Re: knowhereman]
    #6145071 -

looks like a lot of screaming and yelling....

at least the cinemetography looks outstanding.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The "Badass" awards
( 1 2 all )
RandalFlagg 2,898 38 03/25/06 08:42 PM
by WeAreAllOne
* Bruce Lee is too badass for words
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
Jadian 8,767 147 03/02/07 01:56 AM
by Jadian
* Best movie i've seen in a while
( 1 2 all )
Aninator 1,497 30 01/09/06 02:23 PM
by buckwheat
* Good movie, tripping or sober (Howls Moving Castle) bobjones 1,517 16 03/27/06 04:46 PM
by browndustin
* What's your favorite movie?
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
daba 12,096 81 10/13/03 08:51 AM
by unlikelyhero
* Favorite martial arts movie?
( 1 2 all )
jcdangerously 3,956 34 05/03/06 08:55 PM
by browndustin
* What movie should I buy?
( 1 2 3 all )
Original 2,363 43 01/04/06 06:11 PM
by WhiskeyClone
* The Official Famous BadAsses Thread
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Captain Loafy McPoopdick 18,000 75 11/15/05 09:34 PM
by d33p

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,411 topic views. 8 members, 15 guests and 82 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.