Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Boomr Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Rye Berrys? (WBS is makein me mad)
    #6089732 -

Hello.
I was wondering where i can get Rye Berrys (or grains). I've searched my town and found none...
I tryed WBS, but IMO it sucks.. Way to messy and just doesn't give me a good shroomey feeling :smile:.
I've successfully cased cakes, now i want to move up to something that is both better in terms of nutes and water retention. (Not wbs, i see why they say use that as spawn :smile: )
I wanna use Rye grains so that i can make a few taller massive caseings, so that i can fit 4 or 6 in a tub and have as many shroomz as i want, while still being stealthy.


--------------------
Going to miss the PNW gatherings.

I'm not here trying to make anyone feel stupid or to make myself feel good by putting ppl down. I am just here to help fellow shroomerites in there grows. I do this to keep my own knowledge fresh, and to help everyone succeed!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rye Berrys? (WBS is makein me mad) [Re: SickShroomer]
    #6089736 -

get rye from health food stores at .88c a pound, give or take...

easy tek...

1 cup of rye to 1 cup of water in 1 quart jar. pc for 75-85 minutes.. cool...shake vigorusly...

shoot up next day

-shaw


--------------------
everything i said above is fictional....i don't grow illegal mushrooms!

Casing 101

Poor Man s Mycelium Syringe Tek

'-.Always use Oust to sterilize your air.-'

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rye Berrys? (WBS is makein me mad) [Re: thekeeper]
    #6089741 -

if you want to step up forget casing straight grains and look into spawning to straw or manure.


--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)



Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rye Berrys? (WBS is makein me mad) [Re: coda]
    #6089744 -

if that were what he wanted, he wouldnt have to get away from using wbs.

he wants something he can case.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rye Berrys? (WBS is makein me mad) [Re: SickShroomer]
    #6089931 -

you can get rye grain at your local feed mill, In fact its way cheap. My buddy just bought a bag at the feed store, 2 bushel bag, 112 lbs of rye for $12.45, thats less than $.12/lbs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rye Berrys? (WBS is makein me mad) [Re: SickShroomer]
    #6099275 -

Hi,
My very first try was with WBS (docs wbs tek).I did not want to bother with cakes. All my jars myced out nice and white. I lost one(stalled)in 12. The only issue I had was that the seed seemed hard to shake apart(in 2) as you are supposed to do ever so often. I know this can be caused by not rinsing well enough pre PC stage...but I rinsed them like a madman! In the end I had two jars that still had some chunks in that never would break up(on jar shaking). Even when I used the tire method. so I just let them go. They turned out great anyway! I had NO contaminated jars on this. They were all inoced in a glove box I made(no fan no hepa). THIS WAS THE FIRST ATTEMPT I HAVE EVER MADE to grow. If you are sterile and follow the tek it should work. Be sure you have the sterile/clean environment down. Rye will contam in the same situation that wbs would. I thought the tek was quite easy actually. I was more leary about the open air method...so I build the box and obviously that was a good thing. ZERO contaminated jars???? On a first effort EVER???? Probably hard to believe but it's true. Follow the tek(assume you are so:)GET or build a glove box. It is easy. I even revamped my GB to make G2G transfers easy(Did a dozen of those today)and safe. Check my member posts if you wan't to see it?: 'New Style Glove Box..' it is titled.
I just spawned these all to various mixes in 6 trays today so I can see which might come out best? SOOOOO many people saying so many things to do! My main ingredient is horse poo and I tried different mixes adding also straw/verm/Cal-Car. In different ratios. I have one spawning to Miracle Grow moisure control mix(read a couple of teks on that but now I cannot find 'em!). 
So...I guess my worry(seed sticking in 2 jars) was not much a hindrance.  They all came through to SNOW white(one stalled..but still never got contams).
I MAY have not shaken athose 'sticky jars' well or soon enough when they came out of the PC. That can cause sticking too. I thought I knocked em pretty good though.
Best to ya! Take care :smile:


--------------------


' Call us....We're here to help!'

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rye Berrys? (WBS is makein me mad) [Re: Wayward_Son]
    #6099342 -

for "Rye Berries" go to your local feed and seed store.

look it up, there's one in about every area.
where people buy food for their animals, you know?

anyway, they will be selling rye, but not as rye berries.
ask for:

WINTER RYE

it should be available in at least 50lb. bags for no more than $.40 per pound.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rye Berrys? (WBS is makein me mad) [Re: monstermitch]
    #6100059 -

any special precautions need to be used /w feed store rye? i thought i read somewhere they have fungicides/chems in them?

thanks

-Prim


--------------------
"Power to the peaceful"

-Micheal Franti and Spearhead

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rye Berrys? (WBS is makein me mad) [Re: Primate]
    #6100383 -

Just ask if they are treated, say your horse is very sensitive :smile:

That's all I ever say


--------------------

Ronhero on the Growery is me

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Boomr Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Rye berries vs. WBS... why do so many choose WBS?
( 1 2 all )
tuco_ramirez 6,436 22 02/12/10 08:51 PM
by snesgamer
* Rye berry Question. DeeBo 2,097 7 11/13/03 07:43 PM
by mushy
* Best spawn... WBS or RYE Berries. bent 2,304 9 07/11/08 03:40 PM
by Yossarian22
* Rye or WBS, what does everyone prefer? Snobrdr311 1,681 12 07/24/03 10:06 AM
by Mordor
* Rye Berries same as Rye Grass Seed? tracered 11,001 18 03/05/10 12:33 PM
by bare.whiterabbit
* Rye berry SubtractTheWack 3,233 19 02/09/05 02:51 PM
by kronnyQ
* rye berry jars no white stuff? ehud 5,110 14 09/30/09 01:54 PM
by khines72
* Rye grain the same as rye berries? kronnyQ 3,308 5 12/05/04 11:15 AM
by Anno

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,439 topic views. 14 members, 84 guests and 184 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.019 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.