Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Interview at 5 am in the morning
    #6050232 -

I got an interview with UPS tomorrow. 5 o clock am. Part time. Around 9 dollars an hour lifting boxes. I just need a job as quickly as possible. Then I'll start looking for work that I enjoy.

Anyone ever work for UPS?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview at 5 am in the morning [Re: MOTH]
    #6050251 -

UPS is a good company to work for, they;ll start you part time at 9/hr, if you stick around it bumps up to like 13-14 when you go full time

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview at 5 am in the morning [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #6050280 -

My sisters friend does. He's been there for a few years and likes it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview at 5 am in the morning [Re: MOTH]
    #6050347 -

Filling out the online application at the moment :cool:


--------------------


"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

- John Prine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview at 5 am in the morning [Re: Kbell]
    #6050386 -

Sweet...hopefully I can woo them with my charms and get hired then.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview at 5 am in the morning [Re: MOTH]
    #6050627 -

It's hard work loading and unloading those trucks, but UPS is one of the best employers in the world according to Forbes I think. They treat their employees good and there's always opportunities for advancement. That doesn't matter in your case I guess but it's always nice when companies promote from within.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview at 5 am in the morning [Re: MOTH]
    #6050715 -

I've worked there since I moved here for school. (4 years)

I dont have a bad word to say about them. I started off loading trucks and airplanes, but I have a totally cushy job now. I'm basically scanning boxes and messing around with a hand scanner. Like someone else said, the pay is decent. I started at 9, at 13 now. Dollar an hour raises.

The best part is bennies...Full Health/Vision/Dental/Drug coverage...Plus 4 weeks paid vacation and a shit-ton of paid personal days. Tuition reimbursement too...1500$ a semester.

Some people like it, some dont. Depends on what job you get, I guess.


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview at 5 am in the morning [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #6050824 -

wow what sound like a sweet job, but one question do the drug test? I believe that only the drivers get tested is this true?


--------------------
Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview at 5 am in the morning [Re: MOTH]
    #6050958 -

I've worked for Fed Ex which is the same as UPS for a month when I was in between jobs. I unloaded trucks. A lot of the people that worked there, it was their second job. It wasn't for me but I met some cool stoner friends.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview at 5 am in the morning [Re: MOTH]
    #6050972 -

congrats, i have an interview at sunglasses hut in the mall tomorrow. im not trying to make any real money, just enough for extra shit while im in school.

plus, this mall is full of hot women all the time. i really hope i get the job.

good luck


--------------------

:blindfury::fried::psychsplit::vaped:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview at 5 am in the morning [Re: PurpleKush]
    #6053010 -

So... how did it go?


--------------------
:heart: :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview at 5 am in the morning [Re: MOTH]
    #6053152 -

youll probably start off working in the trailers, which sucks balls... in the summer its like 120 in them and the winter is freezing.. well youre in texas so that wont be as bad... but hell, when its 110 down there in texas and youre ina trailer baking in the sun , itll be like 130.... fyi

otherwise its a good job... espiclly if you stay long.. my firend just moved up to a driver.. hes gettin like 14$ hr.


--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview at 5 am in the morning [Re: Samuel]
    #6053172 -

Samuel said:
So... how did it go?



Well.  I found out I'll be lifting boxes that are around 70 lbs.  I thought they'd be closer to 50 lbs. 

I blew them off.  :tongue:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview at 5 am in the morning [Re: Infrared]
    #6053178 -

I cant believe you guys hated loading those trailers so bad. I did for two years...Its great exercise.

And theres no way he'll be a driver. You need 5+ years seniority to get a driving position. They dont hire drivers off the street. 99% of the companies promotion is done internally.

Oh, and no drug tests for anyone, unless you fuck up. I marshall 747's baked out of my skull every night.


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview at 5 am in the morning [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #6053193 -

I don't have that much upper body strength. I have a female body.

I tried to lift up a chest yesterday to move from one corner of the room to the other and I dropped it on my foot. Now I have a huge bruise on my toe.

Also once I was helping Lowes put up their steel shelves and I dropped a huge steel beam on my toe and broke it. Lowes shoved a "please sign so you can't sue us" paper in my face while I was still sobbing in agony.

I just don't think I should be around heavy objects that can hurt me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview at 5 am in the morning [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #6053202 -

he already is a driver and has been for 7months :tongue: 

and he wasnt hired into off the street.. he worked there for a couple years.. 3 or 4 i think.

and the trailers arent too bad  once you get used to them and get the flow down... but i dont need exercise. just money :smirk:


--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview at 5 am in the morning [Re: MOTH]
    #6053209 -

Yeah whats a matter with a little physical exercise? With in a week or two of getting you ass kicked picking up boxes you will come home knowing full well that you could kick your hubbies ass! Now wouldn't that be nice.

UPS is a good job, my friends work there. Good pay and bennefits.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview at 5 am in the morning [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #6053229 -

I believe you...I'm leaning something more non-profit at the moment though.

My last job was very physically demanding, so I'm looking for something a little easier on my body. I didn't like coming home exhausted every day for over a year.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview at 5 am in the morning [Re: MOTH]
    #6053238 -

Thats how they like us to be. Working 40 to 80 hours a week, exhausted and in debt.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview at 5 am in the morning [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #6053248 -

See, if I'm exhausted, I can't cause trouble.  :frown: 

I like to be at trouble's threshold. 

There's work to be done outside of "work."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Feminized Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* An Interview with Gillette you absolutely must read
( 1 2 all )
World Spirit 5,399 35 04/27/05 07:34 PM
by OneMoreRobot3021
* Prisoner#1 - An Interview You Want To Dig Into
( 1 2 all )
World Spirit 4,247 27 03/25/05 09:26 PM
by In(di)go
* Roadkill - An Interview With Worth
( 1 2 all )
World Spirit 3,434 20 03/24/05 09:56 PM
by ToolTroll
* Kaiowas ~ The 2005 after-Easter Interview World Spirit 1,107 7 03/28/05 09:44 PM
by In(di)go
* This kid popped his bus driver over Skoal argument Boom 1,435 17 03/03/05 02:15 PM
by Boom
* Anno - the exclusive one-time interview 2005
( 1 2 all )
World Spirit 3,533 35 03/15/05 04:04 PM
by MetaShroom
* Interview with David Icke
( 1 2 all )
Adamist 4,451 23 12/05/04 11:26 PM
by Vvellum
* Interview? with UPS
( 1 2 all )
frostynostrils 1,132 21 08/21/05 09:35 PM
by Phychotron

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,593 topic views. 4 members, 19 guests and 286 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.