Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
An Interview with Gillette you absolutely must read
    #4092503 - 04/24/05 07:56 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

An Interview with Gillette. Meet this mushroom-loving mate.

For those who've not yet heard: There is a company that allows ordinary people (although they are really, really rich people) to fly in outter space with "SpaceshipOne." Enter cordially invites Gillette (his latest sidekick) onboard for the flight of their life.

Enter: I hope you buckled up, good lookin'...
Gillette:

Enter: So while we're out here we might as well chat a bit. How are you? Tell us about what you're up to these days and if you're truly a Cadadian or not?
Gillette:

Enter: We always do a bit of a background check on our fellow Shroomerites. In whatever capacity you'd like, tell us about yourself from your first memory to the present day. We'll take the exciting but honest and humble version if you would be so kind, my dear.
Gillette:

Enter: What would you say is the most important priority in your life right now? Was it this way (ie the same priority) two years ago?
Gillette:

Enter: Tell us specific stuff, excluding the address and telephone number for your sanity's sake, about your job. Whatchya up to work-wise?
Gillette:

Enter: Give us a 24 hour breakdown of the average day in the life of Gillette. I'll start you out. You wake up at ____ and the first thing that comes to mind...
Gillette:

Enter: Do you believe in true love? Define or undefine it, if you would.
Gillette:

Enter: Do you think religion has a legitimate role in humanity? Why or why not?
Gillette:

Enter: Let's talk about fungus, specifically the blue-staining admirals in our lives. What was your most noteworthy experience like?
Gillette:

Enter: Have you ever tried growing mexicanas in an outdoor bed before? Perhaps another type?
Gillette:

Enter: Surely you must have gone mushroom hunting or picked a mushroom outdoors in an unexpected place. Tell us anything and everything about the journey.
Gillette:

Enter: If you could carefully show concern for roughly 3 issues that the world's citizens need to work on, they would be....
Gillette:

Enter: Tap water or bottled water?
Gillette:

Enter: Steak or pumpkin pie?
Gillette:

Enter: Tennis shoes or high heels?
Gillette:

Enter: A drive in the city or a drive in the country?
Gillette:

Enter: How many constellations can you point out with plain eyesight and a finger?
Gillette:

Enter: So, ummm, this was technically our first date right? You up for another one or what?  (NOTE to self: Hit yourself with a hammer repeatedly and tell her you have some type of mental condition in case she already says she's married or has a man by her side).
Gillette:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada Flag
Re: An Interview with Gillette you absolutely must read [Re: World Spirit]
    #4092541 - 04/24/05 08:10 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Another GR8 interview in the making Enter, i eagerly anticipate the lady's responses :smile:

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

InvisibleMeatSpace
Stranger
 User Gallery

#4092575 - 04/24/05 08:19 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Sweet, I can't wait to read it.

--------------------
:crankey:
/    l    \__:thumbup: ... Hi, I'm Crankey, and I approve this message.

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: An Interview with Gillette you absolutely must read [Re: MeatSpace]
    #4092854 - 04/24/05 09:40 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

gillettes nothing special :blush:

:heart:

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

InvisibleDark_Star
dick butterfly
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Under the Grecian fog
Re: An Interview with Gillette you absolutely must read [Re: Todcasil]
    #4092868 - 04/24/05 09:45 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

You lie.  :heartpump:

--------------------

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Re: An Interview with Gillette you absolutely must read [Re: Dark_Star]
    #4092940 - 04/24/05 10:04 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

only to dirty boys who need their hearts broken!

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

InvisibleDark_Star
dick butterfly
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Under the Grecian fog
Re: An Interview with Gillette you absolutely must read [Re: Todcasil]
    #4093000 - 04/24/05 10:19 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Oh ok, you're not lying to me so it's all good.  :grin:

--------------------

OfflineGillette
Jaded
 User Gallery

Re: An Interview with Gillette you absolutely must read [Re: Dark_Star]
    #4093579 - 04/25/05 12:51 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

An Interview with Gillette. Meet this mushroom-loving mate.

For those who've not yet heard: There is a company that allows ordinary people (although they are really, really rich people) to fly in outter space with "SpaceshipOne." Enter cordially invites Gillette (his latest sidekick) onboard for the flight of their life.

Enter: I hope you buckled up, good lookin'...

Gillette:  done and done, however I?m pretty interested in testing out this zero gravity business.

Enter: So while we're out here we might as well chat a bit. How are you? Tell us about what you're up to these days and if you're truly a Canadian or not?

Gillette: Umm I good, been better, been worse, but right now, I?m ok with being just good.  I?ve been job hunting like mad recently, I need a second job and also hate my current one, more on that later tho. I also just finished school for the year, so drinking has been in order.  Other then that, same as usual, school, work, party, chill, repeat?..I also started taking Spanish classes and going to the gym regularly?.I?m gonna be all buff and stuff ; )  Ha ha ha yeah I am 100% truly Canadian, despite the fact that my dad is Sicilian,  I was born here, that makes me Canadian and well proud of it.  I?ve even got Canadian flag underoos.

Enter: We always do a bit of a background check on our fellow Shroomerites. In whatever capacity you'd like, tell us about yourself from your first memory to the present day. We'll take the exciting but honest and humble version if you would be so kind, my dear.
Gillette:  Wow, I don?t even know where to start?.I?d love to start with my first memory, but unfortunately, my concept of time is slightly askew.  Basically I grew up on a farm with my parents and siblings in Ontario; I lived there until I was nine.  Then I moved to where I currently live, backed on to a forest, so I?ve always spent a lot of time outside.  I was the first child and was spoiled and strangely have no problem admitting to it, I really was that kid that had a pony, but hey I lived on a farm! I was always playing in the mud or playing make believe.  I think sometimes I  still play make believe?.I find my head in the clouds often?..I really had an excellent childhood, I was completely loved, I enjoyed every minute I had playing outside, we?re talking climbing trees, building forts, catching tadpoles in the creek?it could have been a movie.  Which kind of makes me wonder why my adolescents and teenage years became what they did.  I started high school, fairly popular, which was in fact a change from elementary school I got picked on a lot in the last few years.  High school became this bizarre whirlwind of boys and parties and bush parties and fights, and sneaking out late at night to drink coffee at Pete?s donuts, it was smoking joints and skipping class and eventually raves and drugs.  It was all strange and wonderful, and I?m still not really sure what happened, and what didn?t.  There was a lot of loving and learning and getting into an out of trouble.  Bom was with me for it all.  I think we did a lot of fucked up stuff.  I don?t really remember being 17.  I went to a lot of raves and did a lot of drugs, we ended up being high at school, there were an awful lot of fun and sketchy nights spent on acid, eventually I think things may have gone a little overboard, because I was asked not to return to my high school, on account of ?demoralization of an institution?. At this point things had gotten a bit tense in my house and I?d stopped talking to my dad. I finished high school at an alternative school, with honors might I add.  After high school things pretty much carried on the same, raving and drugs and the shroomery. I took a year off and spent most of my time between those 3 things.  I went to college got a diploma in ECE and now I?m in university, basically fucking around?well no, trying to get into my program.  I still rave; I still do drugs, however there was a brief 2 year hiatus on the drug use.  I did start talking to my dad again.  Yeah that?s about it.  I had a variety of jobs; I worked at McDonald?s for a while, Chapters, Laser Quest.  The best job I ever had was working with bom at a gas station?.that was the best, we made a 2 litre bong one day.  I know that there are other things?.but that could all be an interview on its own.

Enter: What would you say is the most important priority in your life right now? Was it this way (ie the same priority) two years ago?

Gillette:  I?d have to say my priority right now, is finding balance.  I?ve been through a lot of very hard and bizarre things this last year and I guess I?m still recovering, it?s been a real transition period for me, and I?m still not so sure that I know what I?m doing.  I would go so far as to say I?m feeling a little lost and up in the air, so balance and sanity are my main priorities,  taking it day by day, just figuring stuff out.  I think the fact that I?m out of sorts, puts the people around me out of sorts in a way too, because I?ve always been so reliable and stable, and right now I?m not, which is also a hard thing to admit, so its not just a priority because I need to be in control, its also a priority because I think people depend on me.  Haha my priority two years ago was to get into university, now all I want to do it get out.

Enter: Tell us specific stuff, excluding the address and telephone number for your sanity's sake, about your job. Whatchya up to work-wise?

Gillette: Well I?m a cocktail waitress at Jack Astor?s a chain restaurant/bar.  I serve mainly old rude men beer all day almost every day.  I can bartend too, but they don?t let me.  I have to wear a skirt and knees high boots, which causes the sexual harassment to run rampant.  I?m almost always in shit at work, apparently I?m negative?.I have no idea what their talking about?honestly.  I considering quitting and getting a new job somewhere else but doing the same thing, I?m addicted to the instant gratification of getting tips.  I?m just frustrated with the management, its like working for a circus?I have to have meetings with my boss after every shift to talk about how it went, and he?s constantly threatening to fire me.  Now I?m not a vengeful manipulative person?..but I do know that my boss does coke in the bathroom, while on shift?..

Enter: Give us a 24 hour breakdown of the average day in the life of Gillette. I'll start you out. You wake up at ____ and the first thing that comes to mind...

Gillette:  coffee! Oh right yeah I wake up usually at 9;00 and think coffee!! And make a coffee and then often meet Bom online and chat while we drink our coffees (we used to drink coffee together every morning and read the paper, when we lived together), I check the boards and some other websites (hotmail, purerave, myspace).  At this point I?m gonna have to break it down by day:
Monday & Wednesday: take a shower and then usually get ready to go to work, work until 5, go to my boyfriends, where dinner is usually waiting, eat watch tv, shag, sleep.
Tuesday & Thursday: take a shower, clean the house, read the BB some more, lunch, nap, run errands, do laundry, go to Spanish, go the gym, eat dinner, sleep.
Friday & Saturday: Take a shower, go to work, usually work 12-10, have a few drinks after work, eat dinner, hit up some club or rave, come home around 4 or 5 if I make it home, check the boards, pop into irc, usually go back to work, sometimes I sleep, depends on the nights activities.
Sunday: day of rest.

I am a creature of habit.

Enter: Do you believe in true love? Define or undefine it, if you would.

Gillette:  yeah, sadly I do.  I say sadly because I think a lot of people don?t even know what love is.  Love is when you want nothing more then for that person to be happy.  It?s when you ?just know?.

Enter: Do you think religion has a legitimate role in humanity? Why or why not?

Gillette:  I do.  But I think I should point out that I?m not religious by any means, I was raised Roman Catholic and think Catholicism is a farce. I think organized religion is a crutch and an excuse for people?s actions and this is the reason I find it necessary to play a role in humanity.  For some people they need that faith to live, they need to feel as tho they believe in something, a god, what have you, if they follow the rules, they will go to heaven and this is what guides their life, it gives them meaning.  It gives them peace of mind.  It is their crutch.  I feel that different religions play different roles, some I would say such as Buddhism are very legitimate and there are practices within it that would benefit humanity as a whole.  However there are other religions that play a role in humanity for reasons other then faith.  Religion is used as an excuse for people?s actions, ignorance and fears.  Religion and the church help to drive western economy and control the masses.  It is an excuse for war, jihad, and terrorism.  It has excused genocides. It has prevented population control, by means of birth control and abortion, it prevents same sex marriage.  It controls the American vote!  I think humanity would be better off individually accepting a god, or some faith, but with out organized religion. The church is nothing more then a corrupt political tool.

Enter: Let's talk about fungus, specifically the blue-staining admirals in our lives. What was your most noteworthy experience like?

Gillette: hmmmm  I don?t think I?ve ever had any sort of mind blowing mushroom trip.  I?ve had many insightful acid trips, but mushrooms?..I suppose the most noteworthy would be the only ?bad trip? I?d ever had, and it was on only a gram at and hourly motel in parkdale, I was there for a Goa party, and started to get really sick, I ended up puking my guts out in a bathroom with people shagging in one stall and doing heroin in the other, it was really messed up, I remember a girl offering me crack.  I got the hell out of there.  Once I got into my car and even drove away to a parking lot a few blocks down the street, it was happy tripping, I stared at a billboard of a smashed up car all night and waited till morning to watch all the crazies come out (the lot was near the psych ward).

Enter: Have you ever tried growing mexicanas in an outdoor bed before? Perhaps another type?

Gillette: I am waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too lazy to grow.  Like sometimes I think about it, but it never happens.

Enter: Surely you must have gone mushroom hunting or picked a mushroom outdoors in an unexpected place. Tell us anything and everything about the journey.

Gillette: again, so very very lazy.  I don?t even think I?d know how to go about it, you?d think I?d have trekked out hunting at least once in my 6 years on these boards, but no?.maybe some one will take me one day?.. I am now excepting offers, don?t all rush in and offer at once ; ) ?.

Enter: If you could carefully show concern for roughly 3 issues that the world's citizens need to work on, they would be....

Gillette:
1. Conservation of our resources?.we?ve already started killing each other over them.
2. It?s not an issue, per say, but Compassion.  Jesus, the things that people do to one another with out a second thought.  There are starving, dying, homeless people and we choose to do nothing.  We walk on by.  They are people, PEOPLE just like us, and we forget that, somehow in our eyes they are different from us, less then us.  They have the same feelings and dreams.  Compassion.

I think compassion sums it up.  Lack of compassion, is a crime against humanity.

Enter: Tap water or bottled water?

Gillette: I?m not picky, either, or?.unless its Mexican tap water, then I?m picky.

Enter: Steak or pumpkin pie?

Gillette: ummm I don?t like either.  I think pumpkin pie is nasty, and I don?t really eat red meat, like I?ll eat a steak maybe twice a year, I just don?t really crave it ever.

Enter: Tennis shoes or high heels?

Gillette: hahaha I try to be classy. But most of the time I?m wearing runners.  I rock the heels on the weekends tho?you know when I?m being all classy with a half drunken bottle of cognac in my hand.

Enter: A drive in the city or a drive in the country?

Gillette: country for sure, that?s what I do when I?m pissed off, I head as far away from people as possible, I like to drive out to the badlands, or along the credit river on this wikid winding road or sometimes to this park with a waterfall?I like it there.  I also despise traffic and bad drivers.

Enter: How many constellations can you point out with plain eyesight and a finger?

Gillette: um none.  I?d be cool if I could tho?again taking offers on who could teach me about this?..

Enter: So, ummm, this was technically our first date right? You up for another one or what? (NOTE to self: Hit yourself with a hammer repeatedly and tell her you have some type of mental condition in case she already says she's married or has a man by her side).

Gillette: oh for sure! There?s a lot I?d like to try in zero gravity :wink:

--------------------
~Earth is the Insane Asylum of the Universe~

A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Re: An Interview with Gillette you absolutely must read [Re: Gillette]
    #4093671 - 04/25/05 01:09 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I really enjoyed that.  Being my best friend in the world, ex-roommate, partner in crime,  I wasn't expecting a whole lot that I didn't already know...but as usual, the small pixie is full of suprises and charm.  :hug:

Really, really good read.  *favourite thread*

--------------------

OfflineBanJankri
FreefallerUpwards

#4094226 - 04/25/05 06:39 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Nice read  :cheers: to both.
p.s: goa parties kick ass if you know which ones to go to :wink:

--------------------
Just let everything flow, just flow right to the center of everything. You gotta turn off your mind and relax, and then just float downstream...

InvisibletrendalM
point of inflection
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #4094303 - 04/25/05 08:56 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Another awesome interview, enter!

And GREAT replies, gill!!!!! :yesnod:

--------------------
You're here because you know something.
What you know you can't explain,
But you feel it;
You've felt it your entire life.
That there's something wrong with the world.
You don't know what it is, but it's there....
Like a splinter in your mind...
Driving you mad.

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #4094520 - 04/25/05 10:58 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Another one bites the dust - er, another one rocks!

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleRoadkill
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Snoqualmie, Wa.
Re: An Interview with Gillette you absolutely must read [Re: trendal]
    #4094588 - 04/25/05 11:22 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

trendal said:

Another awesome interview, enter!

And GREAT replies, gill!!!!! :yesnod:

agreed!~

:thumbup:

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
    #4095255 - 04/25/05 03:44 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, great interview. Seems like you've had a wild youth  :thumbup:
Nice pics in your gallery too.

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: An Interview with Gillette you absolutely must read [Re: Roadkill]
    #4095380 - 04/25/05 04:13 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Nice interview!

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

#4095427 - 04/25/05 04:26 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

gillette is a funny one

--------------------
GODDESSES
GODS.

~Casil

Offlineemptywisdom
simple being oflight
 User Gallery

Loc: Lemuria
    #4095561 - 04/25/05 04:59 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

enter, your interviews are a blessing to the pub and I would like to give a well deserved thank you for them. You are doing good things here. :thumbup:

--------------------

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: An Interview with Gillette you absolutely must read [Re: emptywisdom]
    #4095576 - 04/25/05 05:03 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

:happyheart: :happyheart:

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: An Interview with Gillette you absolutely must read [Re: emptywisdom]
    #4095947 - 04/25/05 06:18 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks, man! I appreciate that.

OfflineoDin
    #4096264 - 04/25/05 07:18 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

nice job, both of ya

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Community >> The Pub