Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: Synchronicity [Re: Viveka]
    #6016800 -

My last shroom trip:

I dose, then after a while I decide to put some music on.  Open up music program, see "Perfect" by the Smashing Pumpkins in more or less the middle of the list of mp3s, so I say what the hey.  I just put on that one song.  Man it's good.  So I put on the rest of Adore and hit shuffle.  I end up losing interest and going outside for a while.  I come back in, not sure how long it's been and hear no music.  So I'm like ah, I guess I was out for a long time since it went through all those tracks.

I get right up to my computer and the sudden and loud (comparitively to silence) intro to Perfect starts.  I laugh crazily for a long time.  Then later something similar happened again (I had perfect on the playlist twice because I put the whole album on there and the single track once).  I thought the music stopped, then wham!  Perfect again.

Doesn't sound quite so weird as it felt at the time.  Maybe you would have had to have been there, and been on shrooms to appreciate it.  But I got a big kick out of it :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Synchronicity [Re: Droz]
    #6017554 -

> All just a mere coincidence.

So how many odd events must coincide before it becomes more than coincidence?


--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Synchronicity [Re: Seuss]
    #6018045 -

Either or either or either or either

or...


--------------------
"A Bad Day for Pants"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Synchronicity [Re: IgnatiusJReilly]
    #6019726 -

The other day I was listening, as I am wont to do, to a lecture of Mr. Terence McKenna's. This particular lecture was "In the Valley of Novelty", which unless I'm mistaken he gave at Burning Man 1999. As is usually the case when I get really stoned and listen to McKenna, I get totally into it--I feel really in tune with The Mystery, so to speak, and can think of nothing else.

After listening to his lecture, I was wandering around aimlessly, and suddenly felt compelled to walk over to a bookshelf in my dining room. This was very strange, because I have lived in this house for 7 years and can recall maybe two instances tops when I looked at this bookshelf. My hand wandered randomly to a book in the top right corner: Slouching Towards Bethlehem by Joan Didion. I had read Didion's piece on the Santa Ana winds and the mechanistic nature of human behavior in grade school, but had not thought of her for some time. I decided to read the title story (the book was a compilation of short stories); it was a moving piece about Haight-Ashbury in the Summer of Love, focusing mostly on the bleaker side of living in Haight: meth, speed, gang-rape, young children being turned on, the illiteracy of the youth movement, etc. The fact that I had randomly selected this story, seemingly with no will-power involved, was somewhat startling to me. I was totally taken aback when I flipped back to the beginning of the book and came up this William Butler Yeats poem, the namesake for Didion's story:

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.
Surely some revelation is at hand;
Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
Troubles my sight: somewhere in the sands of the desert.

A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
Reel shadows of the indignant desert birds.
The darkness drops again; but now I know
That twenty centuries of stony sleep
were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?


As I read this poem my eyes became wide with the intensity of the description, and I daresay I had, for a moment at least, an intense psychedelic experience--not the kind that can be attributed solely to the rather run-of-the-mill ganja I had partaken of.

I don't claim to believe in anything, but I have experienced what seemed like pretty intense synchronicities in my day. None, however, could match the sheer intensity of this experience. For a second after reading the poem, I felt as though my body was ascending rapidly towards the Eschaton. All of my thoughts about humanity, transcendence, love, politics--everything--for the past year of my life seemed compressed into that moment. And then it passed, leaving me with a strange feeling in the pit of my stomach for the rest of the day.


--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Synchronicity [Re: Lion]
    #6022226 -

I appreciate the sharing of personal experiences at this forum, but I have to say that whereas you experienced something powerful, and cosmic, Synchronicity refers to a correspondance between an inner psychic and outer an outer physical event. C.G. Jung's most famous example was the description of a dream by a patient about a golden beetle. At that moment there was a tapping at the window and lo, there was a Rose Chafer beetle (Cetonia aurata) which belongs to the family Scarabidae (hence, the Egyptian 'scarab' amulet). The coincidence between this golden iridescent beetle on the window and the patient's dream occasioned Jung's work: Synchronicity: An Acausal Connecting Principle. The dream analysis did not 'cause' that particular species of beetle to appear at that moment, neither did the beetle's appearance prompt the analysand to relate his dream. Both events occurred simultaneously, as though 'arranged' by a third ordering principle.

BTW, I am certainly not picking on you  :wink:, but I really wanted to add this clarification (I've been through years of Jungian analysis) for the benefit of anyone interested.

Peace, and thanks for the sharing of a nevertheless Cosmic Consciousness moment.


--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Synchronicity [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #6022597 -

And to tie it all back together--why does this poem keep popping up over here in my universe? Third time I've heard it in three days, with this being the only time I've taken note of it seeping in...

Where did I hear it the first time? Limeny Snicket? Yeah...

And yesterday my father recited a few lines over beer and oysters...

I've been feeling hopeless and lost for a while now, ever since I returned from Romania. I'm making a big move and need to find meaningful work. Isn't it only appropriate that I keep encountering this poem?


--------------------
"A Bad Day for Pants"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Synchronicity [Re: IgnatiusJReilly]
    #6022877 -

Well, last night I was reminded of your post when channel surfing and I landed on the movie 'Ghost Busters!' The name Egon caught my attention.

Ever hear the saying that 'Things happen in threes?' There is symmetry from the subatomic upwards and there is mathematics that can represent and predict symmetry. The I Ching works in Trigrams and that system is based in the "Acausal Connecting Principle" that Jung called Synchronicity. He worked with the Sinologist Richard Wilhelm who first translated the I Ching into English.

Just like dream analysis, Synchronicities are ultimately interpreted by the one to whom these experiences are occuring. All the analyst can do is amplify (compare from various sources) various symbols for the analysand.


--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Synchronicity [Re: Seuss]
    #6023026 -

http://www.meetingtent.com/MME1.htm

Sorry for the delay but I thought I lost this link.

222


--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Synchronicity [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #6023335 -

something that should be recognized

when your consciousness is lit up with acid or shrooms, or other things like that

synchronicities do become more frequent, and meaningful.
this also happens as a person approaches death.

the miracle of union with god is built of synchronicities
many layers of synchronicities that are impossible deny as coming from an omnipotent source in the universe, and bound directly to yourself as well

someone asked the question
"so how many coincidences have to happen before it's proof of something miraculous" (paraphrasing lol)

many
many many

synchronicities build and multiply as a persons mind rises to higher levels of consciousness
when a person is in union with god, he's receving proof that his thoughts and actions are governing the universe- for that moment.

that moment, moves from person to person
like lightning striking the earth randomly across the globe
people are hitting that highest level of God consciousness
and that event it the living breathing holy spirit moving through the active participants in creation.
some people learn to channel this high level and to maintain it.
they no longer use the word synchronicity, but rather, "upholding creation" - or put more simply,

synchronicity is a sign that you have arrived at your proper Time/Space position (right time/right place)
(the purpose of life is this running, arriving at right time/right place)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Synchronicity [Re: Telepylus]
    #6023980 -

You're quite mad, but I do understand. Really, just think of being in the Eternal here and now. No more thinking beyond that - beyond the simple moment of pure awareness, it's just ego-inflation. Have to get back to 'The Temptation of Christ' on TV - to turn it off and wake my Lady so that we can both retire.

Well written, interesting, true in part. Pleasant dreams.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* synchronicity..
( 1 2 all )
EternalCowabunga 4,374 29 11/14/07 02:50 PM
by Middleman
* A tale of Synchronicity c0sm0nautt 1,384 10 06/04/09 04:14 PM
by Penguarky Tunguin
* synchronicity vs coincidence
( 1 2 3 4 all )
laserpig 7,753 71 07/01/11 11:07 AM
by Crumpet
* Synchronicities AlphaFalfa 2,161 18 06/15/11 01:11 AM
by AlphaFalfa
* synchronicity
( 1 2 all )
blewmeanie 2,619 20 01/24/11 05:26 AM
by Chronic7
* Synchronicity and Emergent Self-Organisation c0sm0nautt 1,264 5 12/03/14 04:19 PM
by Dankesthours182
* When You Have the Right Vibe, It's Not a Coincidence: Synchronicities, Energy Healing... Symbols 533 0 03/30/12 11:08 AM
by Symbols
* Synchronicity Experiment hTx 2,266 17 11/05/13 12:41 AM
by LunarEclipse

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, Asante, Shroomism, Rose, Kickle, yogabunny, Northerner, DividedQuantum
3,694 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 17 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.038 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 17 queries.