Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Synchronicity
    #6004801 -

Robert Anton Wilson asks us to visualize a quarter and then find it. Upon finding it, we should ask ourselves, "Did this quarter fall here because I willed it to be, or is it entirely coincidental and out of my power that this quarter should be here?"

We all understand the concept. Now in practice, has anyone had an experience comparable to this? And what do you make of this experience? Do you find a strong correlation between "Will" and "Achievement?" Do you find the boundaries between "inner" and "outer" dissolving with the excersizing of Will?

I for one can think of many times that I have experienced the Bizarre and thought, "Hey! A sychronicity!" For instance, in Budapest last week my brother and I were walking along Kiraly Utca and talking about Ghostbusters. "If I were a famous photographer," my brother said, "I'd get all the old Ghostbusters back together for a photo shoot. Just imagine Dan Akroyd next to Winston. What was his name again?" "Ernie Hudson," I said. "Yeah, right. And fucking Egon, man! Harold Ramis! Can you imagine him in his old suit?" "What about Bill Murray? He's pretentious, now. Put the old suit on that fucker!"

We had a good laugh and reaching our hostel I said, "If I ever have a kid I'm naming it Egon. It would be pissed as a kid, but it would thank me when it got older. What a cool name."

Well, the next day crossing Liberty Bridge by foot, I noticed a small piece of grafitti that read, "Egon." In Budapest, of all places. And I thought it strange that, seeing as I hadn't thought of the name "Egon" in years, I would see this grafitti with the name fresh in my mind.

Now, is it that there are a million grafittied "Egons" out there, and only because I had been thinking about it did I recognize it, or did it appear because it was on my mind? Do we create the Universe, or does the Universe create us?

Hmm...


--------------------
"A Bad Day for Pants"

Edited by IgnatiusJReilly (08/28/06 03:03 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Synchronicity [Re: IgnatiusJReilly]
    #6004813 -

Both, ...and then some!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Synchronicity [Re: Gomp]
    #6004835 -

Quote:
because I had been thinking about it did it arise or did it appear only because it was on my mind



isn't that the same logic, I'd say both or none of the above.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Synchronicity [Re: IgnatiusJReilly]
    #6004837 -

I definitely believe in sychronicity, I've experienced it too many times to deny it. The last time I was chilling in my car, listening to music...there was someone I needed to talk to, and I was waiting for this person to be around. I figured I'd wait until the CD was over, then get out and walk around. All of the sudden I had a strong feeling that I should get out of my car NOW...and walk around. I did so, and one of the first people I saw was the one I was looking for.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Synchronicity [Re: capliberty]
    #6004843 -

Shall we quibble?


--------------------
"A Bad Day for Pants"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Synchronicity [Re: Dark_Star]
    #6004918 -

It's as though the more consciousness we attain, the more connected we become with All That Is.


--------------------
"A Bad Day for Pants"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Synchronicity [Re: IgnatiusJReilly]
    #6005136 -

Okay here's a quicke for yall!

Tuesday night I tripped with a very close male friend of mine...we both shared visions of everyone on Temple Mount in Jerusalem in 2012 to "figure it all out". . .

Then a few days later I go to see him and his girlfriend, they have rented "V for Vendetta" and it had a very strange resonence w/me...made me feel strange like the first time I saw "The Matrix".

I got into a discussion that night about how Terence McKenna once said, "everything's fine, nothing's wrong...everything's going just as it should"...I get into my car to go home later and throw in a CD of Terence McKenna lectures that I just "happened" to turn to in a CD case I usually never use. I thought, "cool, I'll chill to terence on the way home..." that lecture turned out to be the one I quoted earlier. I have dozens of Terence CDs, not to mention about 300 other CDs in various CD cases all around my car. . .

Wierd...or not...?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Synchronicity [Re: MystikMushroom]
    #6005145 -

I also wanted to add seperatly that I belive that the internet has an ever-increasing role in whatever seems to be happening to humanity and synchronicity. Having more information freely flowing at ever increasing rates...whew..!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Synchronicity [Re: MystikMushroom]
    #6007927 -

Sounds about right.


--------------------
"A Bad Day for Pants"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Synchronicity [Re: IgnatiusJReilly]
    #6009168 -

I just put down my book I am reading, and found this thread. I am a long time believer in synchronicity, and my grandmother offered me this book to read. It is a story of a mans adventure for insight through synchronicity.

I am sure alot of you may have read it, Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield. There are 3 books in the series I believe. Very inspiring. Sorry if this was off topic, but anyone who would like to read it when I am done I would be more than happy to send it to.

I have had some strangely coincidental events happen in my life that lead me to believe that there is more going on then random chances of a particular event happening. I also think that intuition plays a large role along with this. They say the first thought is usually the correct one. I believe this to be true in most cases. The idea of deja vu invokes similar ideas...but I dont know really.


--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Synchronicity [Re: IgnatiusJReilly]
    #6010111 -

One of my favorite Synchronicities occurred in an Indian restaurant in Concord New Hampshire on my birthday while visiting a childhood friend. He is trained as a physicist and I'm the philosopher. We were arguing (because that is what he likes to do with me) about the Big Bang. I was giving the mytho-religious perspective and he was arguing from pure science without positing an Absolute Cause (he is of Greek derivation and today he has fully embraced his Greek Orthodox roots).

As we walked out of the restaurant we spied the license plate of a car parked right in front. It read: COSMOS. WOW! We were both taken aback by the Synchronicity of that as we walked a short block to his truck. As we approached his vehicle another license plate leapt out at us. It read: MYTHOS. Outstanding! Both of our positions had been represented by these plates, a few yards apart, at just that juncture of space-time.

I have many many Synchronistic events in my life and I have long considered them to be my "manna from heaven" by which my spiritual life of awe and wonder has been nourished, and by which I am reminded that all of this is a dream in the Mind of God.


--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Synchronicity [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #6010341 -

one of my fav synchonicity happenend when my girlfriend hooked me up with her mom.but it cost me like 500$

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Synchronicity [Re: jungjedi]
    #6011091 -

I don't see any Synchronicity in what you wrote.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Synchronicity [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #6011151 -

I had an interesting quirk last weekend. I went scuba diving with the MD that runs the decompression chamber at the hospital. I stopped in the grocery store to buy something for breakfast, and the lady at the checkout gave me too much change. I didn't notice until I got to the parking lot, but went back and gave her the excess twenty cents. Not a lot of money, but I know it will come out of her pocket at the end of the day. Long story short, we finish up a nice morning of diving, about three miles out into the ocean. As I am heading back to the boat at the end of my last dive, I notice some trash floating in the water. I swim over to pick it up, and it isn't trash, but a very soggy one dollar bill. Of the 300+ dives that I have done, this is the first time I have ever found money. (I gave the dollar that I found to one of the homeless guys that hangs around the area, when we got back.) I didn't even notice the karmatic nature of the day until later when I was sitting. Coincidence or something more, who knows... but it did bring me, and a few others, a smile, and that is all that really matters.


--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Synchronicity [Re: Seuss]
    #6011408 -

Money means numbers and somehow a good deal of Synchronistic events are manifested numerically. One begins to see that Numerology, the Kabbalistic Gematria really has some insight into the structure of manifest reality. The Yi Jing (I Ching) is another example. 'The Meru Project,' introduced to me by Cosmic Joke, gave me insight into why the number 222 is important as it kept appearing significantly in my life (writing a doctoral dissertation 20+ years ago with 222 pages, meeting my Lady in a Borders bookstore where extension 222 was 'information' and later she worked in store #222! At Taco Bell, I got ticket 222 and the amount for lunch was $4.44. I would repeatedly awaken at night at 2:22 or look at the clock at 1:11, etc., etc.)

I understand the freely received, freely give process with the money you found. It is Biblically noted and gives insight into 'Cast your bread upon the waters,' because .20 parlayed into 1.00 also works with higher numbers  :wink:. It's just being cosmically savvy.


--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Synchronicity [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #6011789 -

> why the number 222 is important

I was born at 2:22 am.  No kidding.  :smile:


--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Synchronicity [Re: Seuss]
    #6015058 -

All is meaningless until one gives meaning.

All just a mere coincidence.


--------------------
Evolution of Time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Synchronicity [Re: Droz]
    #6015734 -

you really think so? that life is just chaos and anything that has happend is purely coincidental?


--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Synchronicity [Re: tak]
    #6015847 -

It's possible to draw inspiration from counting the hits and not the misses. If you seek wonder in your life, the method makes no difference.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Synchronicity [Re: Viveka]
    #6015853 -

I just realized 'King of Pain' is playing on the stereo right now. Track 8 from Synchronicity. One hit among many. Maybe I'll remember to note what's playing next time I read a thread on Synchronicity.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* synchronicity..
( 1 2 all )
EternalCowabunga 4,374 29 11/14/07 02:50 PM
by Middleman
* A tale of Synchronicity c0sm0nautt 1,384 10 06/04/09 04:14 PM
by Penguarky Tunguin
* synchronicity vs coincidence
( 1 2 3 4 all )
laserpig 7,753 71 07/01/11 11:07 AM
by Crumpet
* Synchronicities AlphaFalfa 2,161 18 06/15/11 01:11 AM
by AlphaFalfa
* synchronicity
( 1 2 all )
blewmeanie 2,619 20 01/24/11 05:26 AM
by Chronic7
* Synchronicity and Emergent Self-Organisation c0sm0nautt 1,264 5 12/03/14 04:19 PM
by Dankesthours182
* When You Have the Right Vibe, It's Not a Coincidence: Synchronicities, Energy Healing... Symbols 533 0 03/30/12 11:08 AM
by Symbols
* Synchronicity Experiment hTx 2,266 17 11/05/13 12:41 AM
by LunarEclipse

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, Asante, Shroomism, Rose, Kickle, yogabunny, Northerner, DividedQuantum
3,694 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 5 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.