Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
August 27th
    #5994579 -

The planet Mars will be closer to earth on August 27th than it has been in all of human history.
Due to the way Jupiter's gravity tugs on Mars and perturbs its orbit, astronomers can only be certain that Mars has not come this close to Earth, but it may be as long at 60,000 years before it happens again.

The encounter will culminate on Aug. 27, when Mars comes to within 34,649,589 miles of the Earth and will be (next to the moon) the brightest object in the night sky. It will attain a magnitude of -2.9 and will appear 25.11 arch seconds wide, at a modest 75-power magnification.

Mars will look as bright as the full moon to the naked eye and will be easy to spot. At the beginning of August it will rise in the east at 10 p.m. and reach it's azimuth at about 3 a.m. By the end of August when the two planets are closest, Mars will rise at nightfall and reach its highest point in the sky at 12:30 a.m.

No human alive today will ever see this again.

Go outside and look up.

Oh, and pluto is no longer considered to be a planet
...i guess size does matter... :smirk:


--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: August 27th [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #5994585 -

so? I might fall over looking for it, I am ready to go to sleep.. too drunk...:lol:
btw it is almost the end of August. :smirk:

Edited by skunk78395 (08/25/06 12:02 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: August 27th [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #5994599 -

:laugh: coolieo.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: August 27th [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #5994601 -

nope. sorry, but that's not true.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: August 27th [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #5994612 -

Okay I will look for it I need a marlboro anyway.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: August 27th [Re: Vvellum]
    #5994621 -

bi0 said:
nope. sorry, but that's not true.



I got it off myspace. :wink:

I didn't research this. I just read it and thought it was pretty cool.

I still don't want to research this, so I'll take your word for it.

BTW, I'll be in chicago overnite on the 18th/19th  of Sept, with lots of friends. We should hang out.


--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: August 27th [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #5994629 -

Yes, MySpace is a great source for astronomical information. :tongue:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: August 27th [Re: Le_Canard]
    #5994633 -

Well it's definitely a great source of amusement. :wink:


--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: August 27th [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #5994650 -

all I see outside is a lightning display! I cant see any stars, but it was entertaining...I love lightning!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: August 27th [Re: Skunk420]
    #5994797 -

hmm anyone know where i can get good astronomical info on whats going on in the southern night sky and when? i've tried google, but haven't been able to find any good sites on it. a lot of the sites i've found want you to subscribe.


--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: August 27th [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #5994816 -

I just heard that whole deal about Pluto from one of my college professors today, weird deal, now there's only 8 planets in our solar system (that we know of)


--------------------
LNC's official Alaskan stoner
:jackdaniels::drooling::jackdaniels:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: August 27th [Re: Skunk420]
    #5995648 -

skunk78395 said:
all I see outside is a lightning display! I cant see any stars, but it was entertaining...I love lightning!!



See title.


--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: August 27th [Re: Vvellum]
    #5995667 -

hahahahaaha


--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: August 27th [Re: Infrared]
    #5995703 -

Fucksauce, I wanted to see mars. Fuckin myspace.


--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: August 27th [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #5995744 -

yeah that happened like 6 years ago or something....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Big Lie: America Doesn't Have #1 Richest Middle-Class in the World...We're Ranked 27th!
( 1 2 3 all )
Simplepowa 1,850 40 06/19/13 06:54 PM
by YSHServant
* Mexico in August?
( 1 2 3 all )
kirilan 2,171 41 06/21/11 04:03 PM
by Humility
* Lightning bugs Gumby 569 10 07/12/08 08:18 PM
by Atheist
* August long weekend come and gone Spooge 267 0 08/07/07 12:07 PM
by Spooge
* Amatuer astronomers...a naked-eye comet right now! ToTheSummit 1,202 14 10/26/07 03:41 PM
by ivi
* When I heard the learn'd astronomer 28064212 144 0 06/14/11 09:10 PM
by 28064212
* Silent lightning?
( 1 2 all )
CaRnAgECaNdYS 2,419 21 07/15/06 03:46 AM
by cybrbeast
* △ Psychedemia Conference, September 27th to 30th, University of Pennsylvania △ Playful Hate 515 7 09/30/12 07:26 AM
by Cynosure

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
967 topic views. 9 members, 24 guests and 181 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 14 queries.