Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Northern Lights Grow Log - No Pictures
    #5980960 -

OK, I've finally gotten around to writing a wee growlog for my current indoor grow which is now about 4 weeks into flowering & starting to look quite good. First of all there are no pictures as I don't have a digital camera, non-public computer & have no way of disguising features of my growroom. Sorry about that I know how you all like pictures.

I've planted 7 plants, all clones of plants grown a wee while ago. I put them in under a 600w HPS on 12/12 about 4 weeks ago (I'll be more precise later as I've got it written on a bit of paper I don't have with me), though their light was blocked by a very late finisher from my last grow.
When they were first put in under the flowering light all the clones were about 6" to 12", I'll specify the size of pots later. The 7 clones are numbered (after their 'parent' plants numbers) 0,1,2,3,5,6W (for wide pot) & 6N (for narrow pot). All the clones have either been topped & bent to promote growth of either the stems/branches or lots of tops.

To give a snapshot after about 2 weeks of flowering:
0 - 8" tall, bent so 2 main branches & 4 other tops at roughly same level. Planted in pot 10 1/2" deep with 12" diameter.
1 - 12", bent so 2 main branches & 5 other tops at roughly same level. Planted in pot 10" deep with 10 1/2" diameter.
2 - 13" tall, 2 main branches growing straight up. Planted in pot 10 1/2" deep with 12" diameter.
3 - 16" tall, 3 main stems growing straight. Planted in pot 10" deep with 13" diameter.
5 - 11", bent so 2 main branches & 3 others at roughly same level. Planted in pot 10 3/4" deep with 10" diameter.
6W - 8", bent so 2 main branches & 7 other tops. Planted in pot 10 1/2" deep with 12" diameter.
6N - 9", bent so 2 main branches branch off at 90 degrees off the main stem in a T shape. These are tied to the ends of the pot, though part of one of the branches broke when tying & may not survive. There are stems coming from each node on the branches. Planted in pot 14" deep with 11 1/2" diameter at the top but narrowing to around 10" at the bottom.

Sorry for the exact dimensions of the pots but i don't know what, for example, a 3 gallon pot is as we don't measure plant pots by fluid capacity (as they have holes in the bottom anyway) but by diameter (and because we have different sized gallons too).

They are all grown in a mix of growmore growbag soil, perlite and bulb fibre and are watered every 2 or 3 days with the addition of b'cuzz hydro booster (bought by mistake - a warning against having 6 different windows open on listings of different bud booster fertilisers & getting confused between booster & bloomer).

Since the 2 week point buds have started developing fairly healthily & I've moved the old plant out & moved the lamp down to 20" above the tops, though by now it may need moved up a bit. Plant 6N which was tied in a T shape but broken on one of the branches lost the branch after the break but has about 6 or so buds still branching from the stem. I also stared using Bio Flores as a flowering booster though I've only had a chance to give one application of this so far.

I'll give some more information next week as I'll pick up my other notes & make some more observations & notes tonight.

BlueDruid

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Northern Lights Grow Log - No Pictures [Re: BlueDruid]
    #5983082 -

Little bit of an update, buds are developing well though less quickly in plants 2 & 3 than the others. Resin is also developing with wee crystals showing up on all the plants, on 5 of the plants resin crystals are showing up on the bigger leaves around the buds. Ph on all but one plant (6N 6.9) is either 7.1, 7.2 or 7.6/7.5 so I've added some Ph down to try to get it back into the 6.8 area.

Last night I did a bit of pruning of low down branches and buds that aren't likely to get a great deal of light so I'll use this for a bubble bag resin extraction with the leaves from my last grow.

Also I added 3 new plants (clones of 1, 3 & 6) into the room on Saturday. These are mostly not for bud but to cross with 2 plants I'm growing from seed of an old bagseed variety (and which I hope will turn out male). These are still under vegetative growth & I'll pollenate bagged up branches of the new plants once they've begun flowering & once I've flowered (seperately) the 2 seed plants.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Northern Lights Grow Log - No Pictures [Re: BlueDruid]
    #6017550 -

Aaarggh, bloody timers.

Twice since my last post the timer my 600w HPS is on has broken and I've had to replace it. As a result my flowering cycle is probably screwed up. Thankfully I noticed the first time it happened (after 5 extra hours of light) 'fixed' it & made a point of checking it on subsequent days. It has happened before with the last grow and I've now bought a proper contactor/relay to run the timer through which hopefully should see me alright in future.

The plants have been developing well though I think that they'll need to finish for a bit longer than 8 weeks due to the timer problems and early shading by my last grow during the first 2 weeks or so.
A number of plants (6W, 0, 3, 2, 5 & new 0) have been suffering from a magnesium deficiency so last night I added 1 teaspoon of epsom salts per 2 litres of water. I hope this will clear it up but anyone know how long it usually takes for magnesium deficienct to clear up?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Northern Lights Grow Log - No Pictures [Re: BlueDruid]
    #6037681 -

I've just realised I've made a terrible mistake. My timer broke again last night (I haven't had the contactor/relay delivered yet) & I had to turn the lights off at the wall, planning to turn them on when I left for work & off 12 hours later.

Guess what they say about cannabis and forgetfulness is true as I forgot. My plants are now getting 24 hrs of darkness following 15 hours of light & the other timer/lighting problems I've had previously.
I think that some of my plants have already had their flowering turned off, or severely retarded, due to the lighting problems as in the past week 6 of my plants have gone from well developing buds to very leggy growth at the tops & little bud. I think they've been recovering since my last post but they're probably all messed up again. Hope I get the contactor/relay delivered soon otherwise I may have to abandon this grow, which I don't want to do.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Northern Lights Grow Log - No Pictures [Re: BlueDruid]
    #6040583 -

At last a bit of good news, my contactor/relay is being delivered today so it should be waiting for me when I get home & I can sort out the lighting. Yesterday I only managed to give my plants 2 1/2 hours of light. Thankfully I remembered today to turn the lights on but they're still going to to be messed up plants.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Northern Lights Grow Log - No Pictures [Re: BlueDruid]
    #6110227 -

It's been a while since I last updated this log. Since last time I've got the lighting situation sorted out, unfortunately it was too late as some of my plants got switched back to veg phase. As it stands the older plants have been most affected & I think they'll need another few weeks to a month. My newer plants aren't as affected and yesterday I pollenated some of them (I was planning to use them solely for seed but I think I'll get a bit of bud from them too.

I can't be bothered giving full log for the time I've missed & no one seems to be interested anyway but the main changes in the grow room since my last post is that I've spotted some male flowers on my newer 1, I've pulled these off where I've spotted them; also on plant 6N one branch (actually part of main stem bent horizontally) had a big mass of bud which had basically matured, though the rest of the plant hadn't (the other branches got leggy & is now flowering well again), and wasn't producing any new pistils/bud for 5 days so I harvested that bit of branch (21g wet weight)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Northern Lights Grow Log - No Pictures [Re: BlueDruid]
    #6110526 -

I did Nl for my first grow and it totally surprised me with megga yeild and some of the best pot me and my friends ever somked...I wish I would of saved a mother

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Indian hemp grow log (with pics to come) Meph 849 1 11/20/02 02:58 PM
by Meph
* Salvia Grow log - Started 11/29/02 Anonymous 1,780 5 12/06/02 02:37 PM
by Anonymous
* Some Salvia grow fast, others slow, but why? Tengu 1,681 1 11/20/01 07:49 PM
by felixhigh
* Ethno's you all grow? bluelou 3,719 19 04/15/03 08:13 PM
by jojoba
* Salvia Divinorum & Light intensity
( 1 2 all )
SalviaEngland 5,766 35 02/06/03 02:16 AM
by Bilge
* First grow! (pics!!)
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Meph 13,734 86 06/25/03 02:18 AM
by cdchriscd
* Amazing Salvia D. (flying Salvia) Pictures SalviaEngland 660 2 07/24/02 07:45 PM
by Anonymous
* lighting soylent_green 568 2 04/10/03 05:43 PM
by soylent_green

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
1,652 topic views. 0 members, 7 guests and 12 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.