Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Is romance dead?
    #5962818 -

Has the introduction of new technologies such as instant messaging and e-mail gifting taken away from romantic gestures? Although sweet, electronic gestures do not have the same impact as receiving/ sending flowers or other luxuries gifts.

I am a romantic by heart but lately I’ve been coming to the conclusion that romance is only alive in the movies.

When was the last time you went out of your way to woo the one you lust/love? Or been a recipient of a romantic gesture?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is romance dead? [Re: skoldpadda]
    #5962845 -

Now that's a strange first post on a mushroom site.

Anywho, romance isn't dead. Supply is low, demand is high. Easier than ever to win someone over with old fashionedness.


--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is romance dead? [Re: skoldpadda]
    #5962860 -

I say no. Romance isn't dead. The net is just a tool. There are still countless ways to be romantic.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is romance dead? [Re: skoldpadda]
    #5962871 -

Quote:
skoldpadda said:

Although sweet, electronic gestures do not have the same impact as receiving/ sending flowers or other luxuries gifts.



Buying things for a date/loved one is not romance. Romance is attitude and action(s).

Quote:
daimyo said:

Supply is low, demand is high.



I'd agree with that to some extent.

Quote:
Easier than ever to win someone over with old fashionedness.



I disagree. Almost all the girls around my area want nothing to do with nice, romantic men. All they want is alcohol and money. Like I said, though, almost.


--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is romance dead? [Re: demiu5]
    #5962890 -

Yea, I did not intend for that statement to be applied to the masses.  Most young women are still just whores.  I wasn't talking about the bar sluts though, I meant it for the decent women. 

Although even skanks enjoy a romantic day every once in a while.  And "romantic" women like to be slapped around and called bitch every now and again :grin:


--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is romance dead? [Re: daimyo]
    #5963115 -

I'd say its dead, but I just might be unlucky.


--------------------
~Earth is the Insane Asylum of the Universe~

A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is romance dead? [Re: Gillette]
    #5963118 -

i wouldnt say romance is completely dead.. but its on its lasts legs.. i personally do small little romantic things.. but nothing like in the olden days.

romance isnt dead.. chivalry is.


--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is romance dead? [Re: Gillette]
    #5963125 -

:uptosomething:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is romance dead? [Re: Banez]
    #5963129 -

OHSBrave06 said:
i wouldnt say romance is completely dead.. but its on its lasts legs.. i personally do small little romantic things.. but nothing like in the olden days.

romance isnt dead.. chivalry is.




Chivalry may be dead, but women killed it.


--------------------
LNC's official Alaskan stoner
:jackdaniels::drooling::jackdaniels:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is romance dead? [Re: Jadian]
    #5963133 -

said dave chappelle.


--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is romance dead? [Re: Banez]
    #5963135 -

Really? Don't remember that episode, but damnit he's right!


--------------------
LNC's official Alaskan stoner
:jackdaniels::drooling::jackdaniels:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is romance dead? [Re: Jadian]
    #5963136 -

its out of one of his standups.. killing em softly


--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is romance dead? [Re: Banez]
    #5963141 -

hey buckeye you still post at the army

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is romance dead? [Re: Banez]
    #5963146 -

Ahh I see, I've only seen a small portion of his stand-up. Shit I may have seen it while I was baked and not even remembered that I saw it, but still got the idea into my subconcious, who knows.

Or maybe it's just obvious.


--------------------
LNC's official Alaskan stoner
:jackdaniels::drooling::jackdaniels:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is romance dead? [Re: Jadian]
    #5963153 -

Jadian said:
OHSBrave06 said:
i wouldnt say romance is completely dead.. but its on its lasts legs.. i personally do small little romantic things.. but nothing like in the olden days.

romance isnt dead.. chivalry is.




Chivalry may be dead, but women killed it.



I knew someone would say that...


--------------------
~Earth is the Insane Asylum of the Universe~

A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is romance dead? [Re: skoldpadda]
    #5963155 -

Corporal Kielbasa said:
The net is just a tool. 



Exactly, this allows another ways of being romantic. More options. More possibilities.



demius said:
Buying things for a date/loved one is not romance.  Romance is attitude and action(s).



demius said:
Almost all the girls around my area want nothing to do with nice, romantic men.  All they want is alcohol and money. 



Haha, so true!

I consider myself a romantic, but if I ever show it I get used and abused but even the sweetest of girls...  :frown:



Jadian said:
Chivalry may be dead, but women killed it.



Yep,  :thumbup: :thumbup: to this man. Like I said, if I ever dare show my romantic side, women want nothing to do with me other than use me. In my experience, as much as they say they want someone whos romantic, in the end they all go for the asshole....

Gillette said:
I'd say its dead, but I just might be unlucky.




--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is romance dead? [Re: capliberty]
    #5963161 -

capliberty said:
hey buckeye you still post at the army



i own the army.. i'm getting ready to completely reformat everything thou.. including the name of the site.


--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is romance dead? [Re: Banez]
    #5963175 -

theres nothing romantic about using the most efficient tool known to man to host your romanticism :wink:

going out of your way, doing it the hard way to make sure the message gets across, thats more romantic i think


--------------------
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is romance dead? [Re: Gillette]
    #5963178 -

Well I'm sorry to be the one that had to say it, but it's true. Women today don't have the same values as women from the last generation. Sex and alcohol (as someone mentioned earlier) is more attractive than romance and relationship.

Granted this isn't the end all be all fact of life, this is just how our society in general is becoming.


--------------------
LNC's official Alaskan stoner
:jackdaniels::drooling::jackdaniels:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is romance dead? [Re: Jadian]
    #5963183 -

i agree.. its just like girls who dress like whores then wonder a) why you think they are a whore.. and b) why your looking at their body


--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Growery.com/org or Weedspeak.com/org?
( 1 2 all )
theuser 3,733 30 05/06/07 05:28 AM
by blissedout
* My Chemical Romance
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
Harbinger 7,456 122 08/26/05 02:03 PM
by marti131
* Emo Music Blamed For Suicide Of MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE Fan
( 1 2 all )
Bridgeburner 4,967 27 05/09/08 09:46 PM
by Skunk420
* Russian romance tours? n00bie2006 805 6 08/11/06 01:19 PM
by koppie
* Were the Grateful Dead Freemason Satanists?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
Adom 53,885 128 12/13/18 02:16 AM
by Reblackah
* ann coulter on the dead Krishna 2,320 11 08/25/08 05:28 PM
by mattx
* Interesting Grateful Dead article in local paper. Madtowntripper 4,897 17 05/22/11 05:14 AM
by Phychotron
* Grateful Dead Downloads Will Be Restored at Archive.org Noviseer 2,470 7 12/02/05 04:58 PM
by geokills

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,475 topic views. 9 members, 12 guests and 234 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.