Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Why stomache... Why do you hate me?
    #5942452 - 08/08/06 12:11 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Well, this has been going on for a bit more than a month now, and happened last year as well (but not as bad). I can't eat. Sometimes I can only eat very specific textures, flavours or food types (sometimes I'll only be able to eat starch-based foods, sometimes I'll only be able to eat meat, etc).

I'm not starving myself and it's not like I'm doing this out of poor self image or anything, but when I look at food or smell it I just think "O god, this is just too much" and I start feeling sick. Just thinking about the flavour, the food going in my mouth, chewing it up, swallowing it, feeling it go down my throat then having it sit there and digest in my stomache just makes me feel well, not sick, but not healthy or good...

As I said, it's not always the same thing. Earlier thismorning I couldn't eat anything with any real flavour at all, all I could eat was plain noodles with nothing on them, cheese, honey, and peanut butter seemed particularily unbearable. Now I just finished eating a bit of pasta with cheese and some meat after having no desire to eat.

Regardless, the fact is it's turning me into a REALLY picky eater, I'll cook something then realize there's no way I'm going to be able to eat it.

Another thing I've noticed is that lately I've been puking sometimes after eating or drinking. It's not like I'm eating or drinking a lot at a time or anything, but my stomache just for some reason keeps pushing little bit of food/juice back up. I don't even think the food's really making it to the stomache at all cause there's very little stomache acid or bile coming up, and I'm not puking much out, just burping it back up.

I haven't been having any abnormal pains or discomfort other than the sickly feeling I get when thinking about eating something that doesn't appeal to me, but I'm really starting to get tired of constantly burping up meals and having a fridge full of meals I just haven't been able to eat. Any advice? I've been getting a lot of excercise lately so I know that's not the problem...

Well, about 10 minutes after I finished eating a drank a glass of water I was in the bathroom puking up my meal and the water I drank. Most of the food stayed in there, it was mainly the water coming up carrying bits of food in it, but not much. Again, no stomache acid or bile...

Edited by StickyWater (08/08/06 12:26 AM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineThe_Hobbit
Bilbo Baggins
 User Gallery

Loc: The Shire
Re: Why stomache... Why do you hate me? [Re: StickyWater]
    #5945688 - 08/08/06 10:55 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Water does not stay down when you drink more than a gulp at a time. And when you eat alot of food, I don't beleive it does either.

Basically, you have to hold your gut. You cannot be weak and barf it up. You have to know how to adjust because of all that food and water in your gut. It is natural, for me anyways, to eat a big meal and then feel weighted down. If I eat enough, I will get similar feelings of food that sometimes rushes up on me so I'll have to hold it down.

There are some lessons to learn here. You have to adjust based on how much and how fast you eat and drink. If you don't want that barf feeling, then eat and drink more often throughout the day. Secondly, you should realize that your urge to eat is not always going to be steady. Sometimes you will have to make yourself eat if you think you need it. Third, it's Ok to fast sometimes. Some days I will barely eat at all. I'll just eat fruits and veggies when I need energy, making sure to get in some protein, too. That could be eggs or milk or meat - whatever - just make sure to get in some protein even on a fasting day. I find that these fasting days are back to back. I think my gut just gets tired of processing food and needs time to cleanse itself. I make sure to take it easy on those days and remember that my body needs to heal itself.

This is why my activity level and eating go hand in hand. Sure, you can push yourself hard when you don't eat alot because there is less gut to deal with, but you will surely have to eat harder because of that push. And if your body is already telling you that you're weak, then you're just making it weaker. The times you want to exercise and push yourself are when you know that you can eat enough to heal and feel good the next day.

That is not to say that you shouldn't exercise at all on days when you cannot eat alot. If you think it's the right thing, then do it. Just make sure that you do not push yourself so hard that you cannot recover.

Sometimes you will have specific cravings for specific types of foods and that's ok. You just have to realize what a healthy diet is and adjust to your cravings accordingly. Realize that you do not have to eat protein every 4 hours or whatever - you are not a machine and you can make exceptions to what's perfect. Just make sure to keep your diet, from day to day, on the right path. One big meal with tons of protein could be enough to make up for eating fruits and veggies the whole rest of the day. Listen to your body and learn what it wants.

--------------------
Smoking my hobbit leaf...
Please keep in mind that I am just a human being. Please read my posts carefully and interpret their meaning for yourself.

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: Why stomache... Why do you hate me? [Re: The_Hobbit]
    #5949804 - 08/10/06 08:42 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Edited by StickyWater (04/29/08 03:20 PM)

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
    #5949933 - 08/10/06 10:57 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

i would say see a doctor, you might have an ulcer or other stomach condition causing this...

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Invisibleadrug

#5949952 - 08/10/06 11:15 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Maybe you have crohn's disease? Go see a doctor.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being