Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJul
Stranger
Azurescens substrate
    #570501 - 03/05/02 12:05 PM (22 years, 29 days ago)

Is fir tree and/or pine tree chips and/or bark good to use for an azurescens spawn bed ?
Are shavings good ?
I can get neither alder nor beech chips.
Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSeril
Stranger

Loc: PNW
Re: Azurescens substrate [Re: Jul]
    #570513 - 03/05/02 12:22 PM (22 years, 29 days ago)

I've been told you need Alder chips. (wood chipper)
Joshua has started a thread on outdoor Azurescens around here somewhere.

-seril

--------------------
Seril,
Political language -true of all political parties- is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give solidity to pure wind..

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #570531 - 03/05/02 12:39 PM (22 years, 29 days ago)

I used spruce bark in the past. Also douglas fir is reported to support fruitings.

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
    #570557 - 03/05/02 01:16 PM (22 years, 29 days ago)

Pine is of little use. Hickory works and you can get it for barbecue smoker's. A little expensive at walmart, but cheaper in bulk from a specialty store. Also, hardwood mulch available at many nurseries works, but I'd throw in some larger hickory chunks or something.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Offlinehermes3
journeyman
    #571627 - 03/06/02 02:10 PM (22 years, 28 days ago)

Any mixed hardwood works fine. I simply locate a tree service working in my area and have them dump a truck load of the chips in my meadow. They are looking for a place to get rid of their load without going to the county compost and gladly give you all you want to save gas and time.( If you don't want a truckload just ask where they dump and bag up all you want.) I pasteurize these then sterilize for my rye to chips. Then I pasteurize in a 55 gal barrel a mess of chips and create my beds. If I am short of time I simply spread my innoculated chips on the raw chips without any prep. Both methods work. I sometimes am over cautious with my cleanliness. I find azures very forgiving. You should procure your chips in the early spring after sap has begun to run and before the trees have leaves.

OfflineJul
Stranger
    #571632 - 03/06/02 02:15 PM (22 years, 28 days ago)

Thanks to everybody for helping me.

Offlineshopdropper
Professional Psychonaut
I'm a teapot User Gallery
Loc: Sailing the sea of cheese
    #5481291 - 04/05/06 12:01 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

wow hickory really works?? !

--------------------
DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME: no guarantees can be made about the accuracy of the information herein. The information dicussed in these posts is purely hypothetical, and for intelectual purposes only. Any similarity between internet chat and real life is pure coincidence.

:google:

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Azurescens substrate [Re: shopdropper]
    #5481531 - 04/05/06 02:42 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

bnb

--------------------

Edited by Zen Peddler (02/02/07 03:32 AM)

Offlineshopdropper
Professional Psychonaut
Re: Azurescens substrate [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #5722495 - 06/07/06 11:18 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

i have some pics of my azurescens in a jar.. its comprised of WBS with some Quinowa then as an experiment i threw some hickory chips on it lol.

im pretty sure is azurescens anyway there was some confusion with this jar... i should start marking them.  but i dont think cubensis would grow on the wood. :smile:
now i cat wait for my other spores to come in from sporeworks :smile:

--------------------
DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME: no guarantees can be made about the accuracy of the information herein. The information dicussed in these posts is purely hypothetical, and for intelectual purposes only. Any similarity between internet chat and real life is pure coincidence.

OfflineWorkmanV
1999 Spore War Veteran
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon, USA
Trusted Cultivator
    #5723837 - 06/07/06 06:12 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Unfortunately your specimens are indeed cubensis. Cubensis is well documented to grow on wood.

--------------------
Research funded by the patrons of
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

My Instagram
Reinvesting 25% of Sales Towards Basic Research and Species Identification :amanitajar:

Offlineshopdropper
Professional Psychonaut
Re: Azurescens substrate [Re: Workman]
    #5724126 - 06/07/06 07:43 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

seriously!? daaaaamn that sucks... i have a pf jar that is untampered with... ill just have to wait for it to finnish.... ill delete my other posts lol i dont wanna spread misinformation.

--------------------

Offlineshopdropper
Professional Psychonaut
    #5940960 - 08/07/06 02:26 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

hicory colonized verrry quick and i added some alder on top i cant wat a few more weeks an in the fridge it goes!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates