Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepodman19
please help...a few questions
    #585638 - 03/21/02 07:28 PM (22 years, 13 days ago)

i'd appreciate it if someone could help me wih these questions i have. there are a lot, you dont have to answer all if you dont want to...i just want to be safe though before i attempt my first try at this. thanks

1. After the mycelium is done growing, are the cakes safe from contaminants?
2. After i inoculate my jars, will they be safe just sitting on a shelf in my closet?
3. Should i tape up the holes again in the jar lids right after inoculation?
4. Whats with spraying/misting? do i need to do this or is this just for certain terrariums?
5. Once my cakes are in the terrarium, can i keep it sealed up until harvest time, or does it need to be opened every now and then for fresh air? i was planning on using a 10 gallon plastic container with a seal or Saranwrap and a plastic lid over top. would this work?
6. i bought a battery operated thermometor/hydrometer with the sensor attached to the long cord for outdoor use....do i just put the whole thing inside the terrarium or leave the unit outside with the sensor inside?
7. How much spore solution is n each syringe from Sporeworks.com?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinedDigitalPimp
Loc: PA
Re: please help...a few questions [Re: podman19]
    #585673 - 03/21/02 08:03 PM (22 years, 13 days ago)

ok you need to do a lot more reading.

most people wont answer your post cause as you can tell, everyone here asks one or two questions about a specific topic or problem they are having.  im pretty bored right now so i guess i'll answer you.  but on the condition that after reading my answers you go and educate yourself more, reading teks and lots and lots of posts. 

1. mostly, you can still get contamins in the fruting stage but your are most likely gonna get them before the cake colonizes fully.

2. dark and dry is the way to be, draft free is a plus

3. if you leave em open a little air exchange will happen, and you'll find out why thats good when you do more reading  :smile:

4 & 5 i refuse to answer, cause you need to learn a LOT more about the fruting stage on your own.  findout what kinda conditions they need. 

6. i had a problem with a hydrometer like that, check yours out.  if you got it at radio shack, and it has that cord on it its shit.  the reason i say this is cause the sensor on the cord on the one i got only told the temp, not the RH.  and the base unit wasent waterproof, and that was the part that gave the RH.

7. most sell 10cc syringes, but i have gotten some 12cc ones from non-vendors.

now go read teks, and learn learn learn.  imo you do not have nearly enough knowledge to start to grow fungus.  if you start now you are doomed for failure.

Edited by dDigitalPimp (03/21/02 08:05 PM)

Offlinepodman19
Re: please help...a few questions [Re: dDigitalPimp]
    #585685 - 03/21/02 08:15 PM (22 years, 13 days ago)

thanks for the reply...actually i've been doing a lot of reading. i've read all of the teks and i was only asking these questions to be sure and because the teks arent all the same. i'm quite confident and i hope to start soon

Offlinepodman19
    #585690 - 03/21/02 08:20 PM (22 years, 13 days ago)

yes i got my thermometor/hydrometer at Radio Shack. if it's not water proof, couldnt i just mount it on the wall of my terrarium so thats it's up off of the perlite and water?

Offlinepleezr
fuct

Loc: NW
    #585702 - 03/21/02 08:30 PM (22 years, 13 days ago)

if you read the teks you wouldnt have asked the Qs you did. your Qs are easily answered in the PF tek for example.

when fully colonized your chances for contams are low. incubate your jars in a warm place. above teh fridge in a box is a good place for warmth. 84-86 degrees is ideal for incubation. after birth you want to fan your fruiting chamber about 3 times a day, they need fresh air. only spray your walls not the cakes themselves. use perlite for humidty.

good luck n00b!

--------------------
pleezr

"Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!!"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules