Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Re: Kindness of Strangers [Re: CherryBom]
    #5839719 -

One day, I was in the grocery store, buying groceries. This was when money was extremely tight for Kevin and I. I underestimated the amount of cash I had, and ended up substantially short.

The lady in line behind me said, "This is for Jesus" and paid my grocery bill.

Really made me think.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Kindness of Strangers [Re: MOTH]
    #5839724 -

Interesting.  Did she do it out of compassion and the kindness of her own heart...or did she do it to look good in the eyes of Jesus?  :confused:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Kindness of Strangers [Re: CherryBom]
    #5839725 -

Thats an awsome story CherryBom, its those special moments that make life worth living, just the little things, like a comment like that. :smirk:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Kindness of Strangers [Re: CherryBom]
    #5839751 -

CherryBom said:
Interesting.  Did she do it out of compassion and the kindness of her own heart...or did she do it to look good in the eyes of Jesus?  :confused:



I really have no idea.  But it was amazing to see how Jesus inspired that random act of kindness, whether she did it for him, for me, or herself.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Kindness of Strangers [Re: CherryBom]
    #5839756 -

CherryBom said:
I'm a sad little bom some days.  :crazy:



:hug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Kindness of Strangers [Re: CherryBom]
    #5839758 -

I've got some.


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Kindness of Strangers [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #5839774 -

thats dudes a pimp and knows how to talk to the women folks


--------------------
This place is gayer than when the balls touch

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Kindness of Strangers [Re: MOTH]
    #5839796 -

EllemyshShade said:
CherryBom said:
Interesting.  Did she do it out of compassion and the kindness of her own heart...or did she do it to look good in the eyes of Jesus?  :confused:



I really have no idea.  But it was amazing to see how Jesus inspired that random act of kindness, whether she did it for him, for me, or herself.



it's very cool...
i've always been very anti religion and i was pretty bummed when my direct commander in the army was a riligiuse "simpleton" type person (a sort of opposit to what i'd consider my self) but in hindsight i learned so much from that man! i hope he knows how much i appriciated his time with me...

i was impressed when at passover he'd personally orgenize a foundraiser from all the steady troops at the base to select poor families of the soldiers... they'd buy and deliver them food for the holiday...
i remember being so prude of him for that, i knew he was doing it out of the kindness of his heart even though it is a "mitzva"! that gave me much more acceptense for these kind of people and their religion!


--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Kindness of Strangers *DELETED* [Re: CherryBom]
    #5839817 -

Post deleted by blinkidiot

Reason for deletion: Im sorry



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Kindness of Strangers [Re: Dobie]
    #5839841 -

Every problem is an opportunity in disguise...

Every loss is a chance to love what you still have even more...

Don't let the blue meanies shake your colors, Bom. :wink:

The Shroomery loves you!


--------------------
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Kindness of Strangers [Re: blink]
    #5839860 -

blinkidiot said:
CherryBom said:
I'm trying, it needs new batteries.



Your friends can be your batteries,

I've got jumper cables if you need a boost :heart:



yeah we'll all bring extra batteries to beerfest...thats y u have to come

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Kindness of Strangers [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #5839880 -

Aww.  You guys are awesome.  My vulnerable little heart is bursting.  :heart:  Thank-you.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Kindness of Strangers [Re: kake]
    #5839942 -

CherryBom writes:
"He probably didn't even realize the impact of his statement."

I bet he did.

Excellent story. I hope you're doing ok.

splif


--------------------
First Grow: Ecuador -> LC -> HPoo/Straw -> Monotub
Build a Do-It-Yourself Magnetic Stirrer in thirty minutes with no money.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Kindness of Strangers [Re: splifner180]
    #5839998 -

blinkidiot writes:
"It's too easy in an insular society to just keep walking. "

Well said.

splif


--------------------
First Grow: Ecuador -> LC -> HPoo/Straw -> Monotub
Build a Do-It-Yourself Magnetic Stirrer in thirty minutes with no money.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Kindness of Strangers [Re: splifner180]
    #5840035 -

Wow, I thought I was making this thread gay.  At least I was doing it sarcastically, since then this thread turned REALLY gay.  :smirk:

But seriously, I hoped I've helped people out before by saying something small and meaningful. 

One time I was at the grocery store (weird, lots of stories seem to be from there) and this lady was just losing it, crying about everything being so tough and frustrating.  I'm not sure what she was upset over, but I was behind her in line and looked right into her eyes, leaned towards her and gave my signature goofy smirk and said "Everything is closer than you think."  She didn't say anything but she immediately relaxed.  To this day, I have no idea why I said it or how it helped, but it did.  :grin:


--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Strangers stopping strangers abhi 556 1 08/31/04 09:20 PM
by IAmTheWalrus212
* Happy Birthday Cherrybom!! Gillette 1,903 17 02/06/03 01:49 PM
by Ped
* Just say no...a stranger in my own damn house
( 1 2 all )
MOTH 4,342 32 08/28/04 08:52 AM
by MOTH
* Strangers Two Souls in Communion Anonymous 585 2 09/09/03 10:43 AM
by Anonymous
* Do you carry a pistol? What kind?
( 1 2 3 4 ... 17 18 )
Supernova 22,636 352 01/21/05 03:49 PM
by snoopaloop53
* What kind of beer are you drinking right now?
( 1 2 all )
YouEnjoyMyself 4,631 35 07/08/04 09:56 PM
by Therapy
* What kind of soap do you use?
( 1 2 all )
Morphrying 3,858 28 01/15/03 01:28 PM
by Anonymous
* Poll: what kind is your favorite kind of Pornography? Jenny 2,831 15 06/09/03 03:53 PM
by Larrythescaryrex

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,877 topic views. 5 members, 12 guests and 250 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 15 queries.