Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
When on a diet...
    #5816819 -

How often is it ok to indulge? This week I've been good with eating. I'd have a chicken caesar wrap for breakfast, a salad for lunch, and a small dinner. Nothing fattening, and I've been sticking to it. I'd like to eat slightly more today, kind of in the mood for a nice fat italian hoagie. How fast does lost weight come back? Will one day of fudging it screw me up?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When on a diet... [Re: Newbie]
    #5816827 -

No, you cannot give in now. This is where your mind is trying to convince you "it's okay to indulge a little right now, no problem, we'll just work it off later! go ahead, have that cookie, it's just ONE cookie, no one is looking!"

Stick with the diet for 2-4 weeks and your cravings/etc will stop.


--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When on a diet... [Re: Syle]
    #5816843 -

Are hoagies fattening? I mean I don't think I've even hit 2000 calories yet today when I'm usually over 5,000 lol. With my current diet I'm about 1,000 calories a day, I really cut back.

Edited by Newbie (07/03/06 05:39 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When on a diet... [Re: Newbie]
    #5816862 -

hmm, guess i not up to date on what an italian hoagie is.

i was imagining a pastrami filled sandwich. which is fine, if it's whole wheat bread, no condiments, lettuce and tomatoe and the meat is really lean.

dang, 5000 calories? what would be a typical meal for you in a day? if you don't mind me asking.


--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When on a diet... [Re: Syle]
    #5816911 -

I would just eat whatever I felt like eating. I smoke bud so it made it worse. I'm not really FAT but I do have the extra lbs I'd like to lose. No real steady diet whatsoever, now it's more on a schedule and a lot less intake than before.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When on a diet... [Re: Newbie]
    #5816916 -

Italian hoagie is like long sandwich bread, provolone cheese, ham, salami, lettuce, onions, tomatoes, oregano...I think that's it. They're big tho.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When on a diet... [Re: Newbie]
    #5816958 -

The formula is pretty basic:  1 lb. of fat = 3500 stored calories.

If you create a caloric deficit by consuming fewer calories than you are using for your basic bodily functions and exercise (assuming that you do exercise. :grin), then you will lose 1 lb. for each 3500 calories you "short" your body.  (It has to get energy from somewhere!)

One Italian hoagie, assuming 12" roll & liberal oil-and-vinegar, is approx. 600 calories.  This will not "make or break" your weight loss, but it can affect your thinking about your willpower & ability to continue your diet.  If you begin to believe that you have been BAD (you said you'd been GOOD lately, so I am guessing you have bought in to the moralism of dieting. :tongue:), you may lose your sense of self-efficacy & quit altogether.

I'd say it is more gentle to allow an occasional indulgence & avoid GOOD and BAD labeling of your eating behavior.  Just stick to a reasonable eating program (1000 calories is wayyyyy too restrictive!), get in some sweaty exercise every day & you'll lose the weight.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When on a diet... [Re: Veritas]
    #5817063 -

Yes, 1000 cals is way too small. You will hit bottom in a week or two if you keep that up.

You should be up around 1800 or 2000 per day.


--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When on a diet... [Re: Newbie]
    #5817066 -

Definatly need to keep in mind you dont want to JUST cut calories. There is NOTHING wrong with a large amount of calories assuming you do the work to burn it off. Everyones body is different along with different metabolisms and as long as you burn more calories then you intake you will lose weight, but there is obviously a line to be drawn where it can become unhealthy amounts of burned calories vs intake.


--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When on a diet... [Re: mndfreeze]
    #5817084 -

mndfreeze said:
Definatly need to keep in mind you dont want to JUST cut calories. There is NOTHING wrong with a large amount of calories assuming you do the work to burn it off.  Everyones body is different along with different metabolisms and as long as you burn more calories then you intake you will lose weight, but there is obviously a line to be drawn where it can become unhealthy amounts of burned calories vs intake.



:thumbup:

Weight loss is a pure, simple science. freeze said it perfectly.


--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When on a diet... [Re: Veritas]
    #5817099 -

Well the excercise comes with my job. I'm always moving, always lifting, always on my toes etc. And when I do eat it's healthy food.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When on a diet... [Re: Newbie]
    #5817156 -

Then you are doing fantastic  :smile:  good job!


--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When on a diet... [Re: Newbie]
    #5817164 -

Just like to throw in, that its easier to lose weight by eating 5 to 6 SMALL meals per day, in contrast to 3 to 4 large or normal meals per day.

Think of it like this, with many meals your body noticed that you are constantly eating, and so it sees no need to store any of the extras since soon it will be fed again. But with few meals your body is not sure how long it will take till it is fed again, and will store. Like a bear before hibernation....
The mroe you starve yourself, the more fat your body will store when you do eat.

And as people mentioned, eating healthy food with exercise should do the trick.


--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When on a diet... [Re: eligal]
    #5817229 -

It's awesome to work in produce because when I need to satisfy hunger I can just snack on fruit or veggies. That way 5 smaller meals is possible and I feel better throughout the day.

Edited by Newbie (07/03/06 07:12 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Diet that doesn't need a multi-vit
( 1 2 3 all )
Solving Ennui 2,492 43 10/08/10 03:30 PM
by owls
* Myths about vegan and vegetarian diets
( 1 2 3 4 ... 12 13 all )
Veritas 24,418 249 02/25/08 06:12 PM
by PyroBurns
* I've been thinking of adding a little meat to my diet
( 1 2 all )
freddurgan 2,872 32 07/12/07 03:50 PM
by LordSenate
* I'm starting a new diet and I need suggestions. NewbieS 1,315 18 04/13/07 02:32 PM
by champ
* Workout special diet? GringoLoco 2,023 15 04/14/09 05:56 PM
by MadSeason
* Diets that work for you?
( 1 2 3 all )
Delyrium 5,506 46 10/01/04 05:29 PM
by
* In depth discussion on diet and nutrition & healthy lifestyles owls 1,033 14 07/21/10 06:12 AM
by wellage
* Dieting has me so confused. NewbieS 996 9 07/22/06 11:07 PM
by browndustin

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
696 topic views. 0 members, 2 guests and 6 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 17 queries.