Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
I lost my XP Pro CD.
    #5758515 -

I bought a new Dell comp. with XP Pro about 2 years ago.

As my comp is running a bit slow I was planning on formatting and doing a fresh XP install.

However, I can't seem to find my XP Pro installation CD. Before I go through the hassle of calling tech. support does anyone have any experience/info on this? or is it simply a lost cause?


--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I lost my XP Pro CD. [Re: badchad]
    #5759036 -

if you have your key you could just d/l a copy and use your key to install...usually on dells the key is on the side of the comp.

peace

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I lost my XP Pro CD. [Re: supra]
    #5761335 -

run an MSCONFIG

Start -> run -> msconfig

Startup tab

Under startup item, go to www.sysinfo.org and click on their startup selection, type the name of the program into their search and see if you need it or not. Can't hurt!


--------------------
It's Krang, Bitch!  :krang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I lost my XP Pro CD. [Re: supra]
    #5767707 -

supra said:
if you have your key you could just d/l a copy and use your key to install...usually on dells the key is on the side of the comp.

peace



the dell CDs are branded for dell computers, the key wont work for any other version of the CD

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I lost my XP Pro CD. [Re: badchad]
    #5767944 -

RockXP download that, it will let you get the key from the installed OS, and any other MS product installed.

Download an ISO for XP
Copy your drivers folders to disc
Burn that iso to disc
format/install/install drivers

:laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I lost my XP Pro CD. [Re: badchad]
    #5768053 -

next time, dont buy a dell :frown:

peace

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I lost my XP Pro CD. [Re: supra]
    #5773221 -

jr got a dell multi processor that requires xp pro...

boot it and go to setup...they loaded it on a partition...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I lost my XP Pro CD. [Re: Schwammel]
    #5773492 -

I wiped that partition the first time I formatted.

The one thing I liked most about Dell's is that they came with (what seemed to be) an OEM version of windows. With that, I could simply format and get rid of the extraneous crap.

As an example, I just bought a Gateway laptop for traveling. It came with a "gateway restoration CD". Now, if I attempted a format/clean install I'm forced to end up with all sorts of "gateway media player", "aol free trial" "gateways piece of dump" application. I know I can uninstall all that, but it's the principle (and kind of defeats the purpose of format/clean install).

I'm moving in a few months, usually things turn up in the process, I guess I'll worry about it then. Thanx for the replies.


--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* xp pro problem scotsman1 850 1 12/30/03 06:29 AM
by Seuss
* . z_x_x_z 1,078 3 04/09/05 12:36 AM
by kronnyQ
* .Installing a WD hardrive. Toddo 628 3 10/04/05 10:03 PM
by windex
* Read this! Massive SECURITY problem with Win XP! Fd3000 1,410 14 10/24/02 07:57 PM
by
* Windows XP copying OJK 1,462 10 01/13/05 09:49 PM
by RisingTzun
* CD Burning Alien 1,285 14 06/27/04 01:53 AM
by Chazzersize
* The EASIEST way to hide your IP address - Internet Privacy Lana 2,138 6 07/25/03 10:25 PM
by monoamine
* Windows XP Pro funkymonk 1,331 6 01/29/04 07:14 PM
by mntlfngrs

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: trendal, automan, Northerner
796 topic views. 0 members, 8 guests and 0 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.