Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Is this True?
    #576296 - 03/11/02 10:00 PM (22 years, 23 days ago)

I live in south louisiana and I first tried shrooms about 3 years ago. Me and a friend went to this field he knew about and we litterally picked hundreds of shrooms that day. Well the next year I went back to the same field, still had cows and everything the same, but that year there was not many shrooms at all for the whole season. I might have tripped 2 times that season but it was off of only a couple of shrooms. Well last year I went to the same field again everything the same exactly how it use to be, but this time there were no shrooms at all for the whole season. I went a lot of times when it rained and was very humid but still nothing. I also tried some other fields that I had been to in the previous years but still nothing. I never even got to trip last season at all. Anyway a bunch of people around here are telling me that the people who own the cows feed them this food that doesn't allow shrooms to grow in there crap at all. Is this true???? Could that be why there is no more shrooms around here anymore??? I now have to resort to growing my own but that question has been bugging for the longest time. Hopefully someone will answer this question so I can finally know what the hell is going on down here. Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepleezr
fuct

Loc: NW
Re: Is this True? [Re: ]
    #576306 - 03/11/02 10:08 PM (22 years, 23 days ago)

im never one to tell people this is the wrong forum, but what does this have to do with cultivation?

--------------------
pleezr

"Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!!"

InvisibleMr. G
journeyman
Loc: Treasure Coast
    #576308 - 03/11/02 10:10 PM (22 years, 23 days ago)

If they are using certain type of mineral blocks, instead of just plain salt blocks, it will stop the spores from germinating. I don't know why or how but it does. Have ran across the same thing but very, very rarely. The farmers are usually to cheap to buy salt blocks let alone mineral blocks. This may sound crazy but try looking in what most people consider the off season.

There is no "magic" chemical made just for that, it is just a BAD coincidence.

--------------------
"Mr.G with a rose, in and out of the garden goes, country gharden in the wind and the rain whereever he goes the people all complain!"
"The Grateful Dead" Thanks boys, I miss you Jerry!
Did it hurt that much?

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Is this True? [Re: Mr. G]
    #576318 - 03/11/02 10:26 PM (22 years, 23 days ago)

Mr. G,
the salt blocks make no diference regarding production o f the mushrooms or the chemicals found within them.

In Hawaii there are numerous pastures along oceanside where sea apray mists into the pastures alongside of the ocean and shrooms still fruit in the manure on a steady babsis. It is all dependant on the weather conditions and the rainfall.

And when the manure is decomposed and even sometimes fresh with mushrooms. They can grow three or four years in a field and then none for two or three years. They can grow in four or five fields all connected to each other and never across the road in the other pasture. So no one can really say why they are there and then they aren't. In man made environments, shroms will generally produce for three years. If the gardens are remulched or refertilized thn they can appaer in a single given spot for ten or twenty years.

Here in Seattle, MAny new lawns have garden service or landscapping services but after a few years they hire cheaper lawn services who no longer fertilize or water the lawns with the automatic sprinkler systems.

have a shroomy day. In 1986, about 70% of most new lawns produced P. stuntzii and P. fimetarias. Since the pasturelands between Tukwilla, Washington and the Auburn-Kent region are slowly disappearing and being replaced buy one-story non-poluting Boing Offices, then the mushrooms disappear fromthe lawns.

Edited by mjshroomer (03/13/02 09:50 AM)

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Is this True? [Re: Mr. G]
    #576564 - 03/12/02 05:12 AM (22 years, 22 days ago)

i have picked cubes and copes in florda fields of which have salt blocks set next to feeders.

OfflineoO_wombat_Oo
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: NSW, Australia.
Re: Is this True? [Re: pleezr]
    #577041 - 03/12/02 03:23 PM (22 years, 22 days ago)

Pleezr,

I think you have your forums mixed up. The post is on-topic.

Offlinepleezr
fuct

Loc: NW
Re: Is this True? [Re: oO_wombat_Oo]
    #577422 - 03/12/02 09:55 PM (22 years, 22 days ago)

yeah now it is wambat! it was posted in cultivation :smile:

MJ, dont stunzii grow in grass fertalized in chicken poo?  seems this is what most ppl think , im am not sure though.  youll know :smile:

--------------------
pleezr

"Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!!"

Anonymous

#577445 - 03/12/02 10:35 PM (22 years, 22 days ago)

Yea it was in the wrong forum b/c i was kind of high and forgot that there was a hunting forum. Weed makes me forget things a lot..lol

OfflineOJ
old hand
    #577523 - 03/13/02 12:17 AM (22 years, 22 days ago)

pleezer:
p.stunzii grow in nice lawns, and in mulch

OfflineGaNjAShRooM
===SPUN===

Loc: Southern United States
Re: Is this True? [Re: OJ]
    #577654 - 03/13/02 06:20 AM (22 years, 21 days ago)

they do make cow food that will make it where mushies will not germinate-my grandfather uses it-it has some kind of blocker in the food-its not in the salt blocks-its in the food-my grandfather uses this to keep all the teenagers off his land-it works because it took about 2 years for the mushies to completly stop-now my grandfathers field never produces anymore-
that damn feed he uses-
now i grow my own as well-so i dont need to worry about it no more :smile:
Free Spore Ring
PRINTS FOR A BUCK!

--------------------
Cultivation Laws Of America Suck

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Is this True? [Re: GaNjAShRooM]
    #577775 - 03/13/02 09:49 AM (22 years, 21 days ago)

There are no chemicals thatkill off mushrooms in fields which farmers use.

This is urban legend again at its worst.

Many fields I picked in the severnties would dissappear for a few years and then shrooms would return.

I also found this to be true in Hawaii where I picked daily for about twelve years. There are fields next to field s next to fields. All may have shrooms and then again only a few of them may have shrooms. And then some of them do not have them for two or three yeras and then the next year they are back but not inthe field next to them. No one knows what causes this to occur.

But farmers do not hav any products that would cause the mushrooms not to grow in manure.

I do not know where this story comes fom.

Int he PNW (Pacific Northwest) USA, I had a lawn I found back in the early 1980s. It was two samll lawns onthe right and left side of a sidewalk leading from the street to a mans front door of his house.

two lawns were approximately 6 by 12 feet each and were covered with blue ringers.

AS I walked by this fenced yard I observed the owner of the house picking mushrooms fromthe lan and putting them into a paint pail.

He was complaining about the mushrooms. It seems he had dug up his lawn and lawn in the early spring and planted two feet of top soil and new sod.

WEll apparently the shrooms were inthe new sod and grew and within two months of his planting this yard, the shrooms came and he wanted them out.

I made arrangements with this person to come by his house for a week and pick al of the mushrooms.

Eventually I ended up with over 14 fresh pounds in one week.

I came back to his house about five days in a row picking everything I could.

I told him I was taking them tothe University of Washington's Drug Plant lab and we would put them in a spinner and see why they turned blue.

I told the house owner that I had some chemical spray a ththe UW which I could spray on his lawn and then the mushrooms would never come back.

Well Ripley's Believe it or Not came to past.

I bought an ordinary spray bottle and put ordinary tap waer in the bottle and then came to his house and he watched as I sprayed it all over his lawn.

Five days later I came back and there were no more mushrooms.

This blew my mind and today I still wonder why the mushrooms disappeared becasue I really put nothing onthe lawn that would have made them stop growing.

It was stranger than strage and weider than weird.

So there is another tale from the shroom.

mj

Agaoin, This is an urban legend.

Anonymous

Post deleted by users_request [Re: mjshroomer]
    #607083 - 04/13/02 06:37 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

OfflineSplit
enthusiast

Re: Is this True? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #607102 - 04/13/02 07:37 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Buahahahha mj - best story ever!!!!!!!!

--------------------
[green]"You'll accomplish more if you start now"[/green]
[red]-Egghead[/red]
[green]TeRzMaStA[/green] is the man.

OfflineSkankfeet
journeyman
Re: Is this True? [Re: Anonymous]
    #607200 - 04/13/02 11:08 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I've seen fields that just stop also. I've also seen a field that had cows removed stop after a little while ( it is a great one, owned by a family member and has a pond so got an excuse anytime) and then start again years later. The field I'm talking about hasn't had a cow in it in over 10 years and I picked litterally pounds off it last season

--------------------
I'm never SURE of anything

OfflinestonErollEr1
The Psilocybinsolution
Re: Is this True? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #607856 - 04/14/02 05:10 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

What about fungicide that most farmers put in their grains feed to the cow?s??If u upper the amount in the grains??
Wouldn?t it affect the dung?
[don?t know if this would work..but it?s an idea??]
Peace
//stonErollEr

InvisibleMagicRooms
Hunter & Collector
Male

Loc: Australia
    #608717 - 04/15/02 03:16 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I live on a farm that can produce heaps of shrooms one year and only a few or none the next. It depends on some many variables. It is important not to over pick and leave enough shrooms around to drop spores for the seasons to come. Spores can be dormant for long periods and then spring to life. Enjoy hunting and don?t give up.

Invisiblegregre
    #610904 - 04/17/02 01:05 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I read in a guide for hunting mushrooms that you shouldn't pick everything that is growing. Always leave some for next gens. If you picked them all then the spores that were left behind could have been a weak strain or a desease could have killed the spores. It is best to not pick them all. So I've read. I don't know if farmers would buy materials to feed to their cows that cuts down on fungal production. Any farmer knows that if you have mushrooms growing you have good fertile land and high grass production for grazing will take place. Alot of farmers are growing organically now. It is the best way.

InvisibleMeltingPenguin
Pooh-Bah

Loc: new england
Re: Is this True? [Re: gregre]
    #611566 - 04/18/02 02:21 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

yeah, if anything inhibited fungal growth on the poo, it would never Decompose.....it would swarm with bacteria!! the place would reek, and i'm sure the gass would die, and cows would get sick

--------------------
Growing anything is good for the soul

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags