Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Thursdays Shroom Adventure (Pics.) From Tukwila to Kent
    #1953906 - 09/26/03 11:30 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Well I rode the 150 bus to andover street West in Souuth Center Shopping Mall on a mushroom hunting Expedition. I walked from 156th and Andover West in Tukwill o out valley highway to 234th street by REI.

No magic shrooms but i did find soem shrooms along the way.

HEre are the iames I photographed yesterday with my digital. Also took some regular nikon em with a macro lens but i won't develope those for weeks to come untilt he rile is filled up.

The first shrooms I spotted were boletes. What Kind I do not know since i am not an expert int he field of boletes.

I found three different collections along my long walk.

Here is fromthe first such collection. all small to medium sized shrooms.

Then I ran into some Marasmius oreades, an edible species usually found on old lawns but this was a well fertilized manured lawn with perpetual lawn care.
These are choice edibles, well edible but not that choicy.

Then I found another batc h of bigger Boletes under some pine trees.

Here are those images of the larger ones.

And now the underside of the bolete shown above to reveal the broken veil and the yellow poroius bottom instead of gills.

And a closer view of the little pores in the bottom of the boletus cap.

Okay now I found these next two images growing near where a bunch of AAgaricus arvensis had been chopped up by a lawn mower. they could be either an Agaricus or possibly a Stropharia. I am not sure. Or some other species I just cannot at the moment recall. .

Then I cam across these beautiful Flowers near the Kent City Welcome sign but kitty corner to the street on the Valley Highway.

The signs name is incomplete. But only because I photographed it that way.

Okay this next shroom could be a lacterius althought their habitat is mixed connifers. However, a lot of these lawns use to have mulch under thenand vice-versa and they keep changing some of them form year to year. When the lawn service becomes to expensive fopr little companies to handle they switch to mulch which means less care and tender.

Thus a muclched area could have been a lawn a few years before and a lawn could have been a mulched area with sod laid over the mulch. So I am not sure of this ID. any suggestions or id would be most welcome if i am wrong about this one.

Aother species of boletus frm down the highways a way.

and the bottom of this Bolete

and her eis Mount Rainier fromthe highway which was blocked by telephone witres, high trentsion wires, moving vehickles and buildings.

Not my best shot of the mountain.

Have some good ones from years ago if i can find them.

and finally one more shroom, unknown at the moment unless someone here can identify it.

and after a hard days walk in the sun looking for shroomies to photograph, I stopped by a bookstore and photographed one of their many kitties.

HEre are three such images.

By the way, all images posted here have been cropped at least three/quarters of their original size.

ANd have a shroomy day

mj

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleEffedS
 User Gallery

Loc: Daylight Slavings
Re: Thursdays Shroom Adventure (Pics.) From Tukwila to Kent [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1956578 - 09/27/03 05:59 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Neato!

OfflineMagmaManiac
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: 352
Re: Thursdays Shroom Adventure (Pics.) From Tukwila to Kent [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1956817 - 09/27/03 11:18 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

nice mj,

first assuming that the first mushroom is a boletales, it is a Suillus and so it looks on the second bolete, probably Suillus luteus. it is because of the veil and the appearence of the gills, the incurved margin, the color.

the 'lactarius' is almost definately a Russula.

and the last one looks most like a Leccinum because of the scabers on the stalk.

to species identfication will need some details, especially on the Leccinum and the Russula. i dont know what the last one is.

pur.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Thursdays Shroom Adventure (Pics.) From Tukwila to Kent [Re: MagmaManiac]
    #1956860 - 09/27/03 11:53 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for the corrections. SOme sp[ecies overlap and I too am confused.

While I kow several generas of shrooms my main filed are the psilocybian species which comprise 13 families.

I know poisonous shrooms and sometimes I known many non shrooms. ones that are unedible.

So Again i thank you . I thought that might be a Russula but the species I described is common in connifer mulch not in grass so you are probably very correct in your id of a Russula, not a lot of color sinc emost are pretty colorful.

have a shroom day, that last one in Viet-nam is called cattulus edulis?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification