Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemichael_ahji

Loc: HAWAII
arrrggghhh!! having trouble with my flat cake.
    #574396 - 03/09/02 04:48 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

hey everybody alohas from hawaii.....
im having some trouble with my flat cake. its been 7 days since incubating my flat cake. i followed eatyoualive's tek to the "t" but its not fusing together.
-is the flat cake supposed to be "completely white" when incubation period is done(6days)?
-how tight do you pack down the substrate and wet verm in the pyrex dish? packed down really hard?
-the substrate does not look like its fusing together but it is getting more and more white but in blotches. it doesnt look solid white too much but still looks pretty crumbled up but white.
-can i keep it incubating for a while longer? or should i just try and birth it anyways?
-if not then what do i do to help it out? its been 7 days so far.
thanks a lot guys peace. and smoke ganjah.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCheshirePhat
Re: arrrggghhh!! having trouble with my flat cake. [Re: michael_ahji]
    #574416 - 03/09/02 05:09 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

dude 6 days aint long enough for it to colonize........

just leave it a while longer check in on it in 2 more days........

if possible maybe give it a light spraying with some distilled water........ if able to sterile like

--------------------
[orange]"Lets fuck this kat"[/orange] -Elroy "tasmanian babes fiasco"

Offlinemichael_ahji

Re: arrrggghhh!! trouble with flat cake. **pics** [Re: michael_ahji]
    #575875 - 03/11/02 12:58 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

here are the pics of my flat cake thats been incubating at room temp for 11 days, notice the "blotchy white" mycelium. it doesnt really look as if its fused together but is getting more of a bright white c[image][image]http://shroomery.org/wwwthreads/files/66414-Dsc00034.jpg[/image]http://shroomery.org/wwwthreads/files/80957-Dsc00032.jpg[/image]olor. there is no contams so far. am i doing it okay? should i have packed it down better? is it alright to leave the flat cake incubating longer than 3-5 days as described in the tek?
please help me out people thanks haha.
peace.

Offlinemichael_ahji

#575887 - 03/11/02 01:08 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

-id really appreciate it if you guys could help me out. these flat cakes are of the pesa hawaiian strain from blumeanie. you rock man thanks. so should i just go ahead and birth my flat cakes? alohas. peace love and ganjah.

OfflineBeppoMarx
old hand
    #575893 - 03/11/02 01:17 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

good job so far; and yes you can (and will need to) leave that cake incubating for more than 5 days. thats good progress for 11 days at room temperature. but its too moist in there if you could be very sterile about it i would replace the plastic wrap over the top to get rid of all the water thats on that- and maybe even wipe off the water from the inside of the glass.
if it were me i would just wait until it colonizes all the way and throw a casing on it right as it; incubate for another 2 days or so then birth it into your terrarium with the cake still inside the glass dish.
but either way removeing some of that excess moisture should help; but i think it will colonize completely either way.

--------------------
Holy shit people; COMMON SENSE! we were all born with it where did it go?
maybe theres a tek out there to explain how to use it!
BUCKETS BRIGADE left hand man!!!

OfflinedDigitalPimp
Loc: PA
Re: arrrggghhh!! trouble with flat cake. **pics** [Re: BeppoMarx]
    #575923 - 03/11/02 02:15 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

you also need to cover the sides with duct tape or something, light should only come from the top, the mushies will grow out from the sides and you dont want that. next time use a non translucent container.

Offlinemichael_ahji

Re: arrrggghhh!! trouble with flat cake. **pics** [Re: BeppoMarx]
    #576156 - 03/11/02 07:08 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

hey guys thanks for the input. its really appreciated me and my friendly ogres are happy we are progressing in this.
-so i should incubate my pyrex dishes for another 2 to 3 days then i can birth?
-when birthing should i just take it out of the glass pyrex so the mushies will have more sides to grow off of?

Offlinecookiewhore
enthusiast
    #576200 - 03/11/02 08:03 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

dude, my dog used the exact same trays as that. you need to get some duct tape like buddy said in a later post and wrap the sides. for the bottom, i just take that pretty white cap, and put it underneath.. set the clear thing on it...
that way it works pretty good.

i had one tray that the guys started growing underneath.. i just lifted it right up in one big lump and pulled em out..
but next time i covered the sides so that wouldnt happen. the pins just like to form everywhere

if you leave the bottom open, and just sit hte top under it.. its kindda cool cause you can see whats going on .. rather than use like a soilid container..
they work fineanyhow

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
    #576206 - 03/11/02 08:16 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I think these guys are giving you instructions for a casing and it seems you are working on the "Flat cake" tek by eatyou.......although I'm not too familiar with the tek I don't think you need to cover the sides of the dish because when you birth it you are taking it completely out of the dish anyway. Keep it incubating until it is solid white and then birth it, sometimes it takes a little longer then the teks say (all depends on moisture levels and temperature)......You can go ahead and poke a FEW holes in the plastic to speed things up a bit, just put some tin foil loosely over the top to keep foreign spores and what not from getting in..........

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck